Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7880 7881 [7882] 7883 7884 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489193 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118215 on: February 15, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »

For Honor: $60
DLC Season Pass: $40
Still having microtransactions and "premium membershipesque" paygates on additional content when the "full" game costs $100-140: Priceless. Because you can keep spending forever.

Holy shit Ubisoft, you guys can go fuck yourselves even harder. And you went with P2P MM without penalties for ragequitting and worse performance than dedicated servers. Bravo.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118216 on: February 15, 2017, 04:39:14 pm »

Still having microtransactions and "premium membershipesque" paygates on additional content when the "full" game costs $100-140: Priceless. Because you can keep spending forever.

Holy shit Ubisoft, you guys can go fuck yourselves even harder. And you went with P2P MM without penalties for ragequitting and worse performance than dedicated servers. Bravo.

I still find it funny you make this post.

When I made a similar post and stuff happened.

A lot of game companies do these really cheap tactics but people seem to not only fall for it, but don't even realise they are.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118217 on: February 15, 2017, 04:52:00 pm »

No real opinion, but I'm certainly enjoying the for honour shitpost/meme content being produced.
One wheel short of a wagon

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #118218 on: February 15, 2017, 07:56:32 pm »

A lot of game companies do these really cheap tactics but people seem to not only fall for it, but don't even realise they are.

Now I'm thinking about how to wake up the sheeple.

Frankly, I have no idea.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118219 on: February 15, 2017, 08:01:20 pm »

Now I'm thinking about how to wake up the sheeple.

Frankly, I have no idea.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118220 on: February 15, 2017, 08:08:35 pm »

Believe it or not people do catch on... two examples

-Microtransactions are so maligned now that companies try to avoid even mentioning it
and
-Receiving flowers as gifts at airports is illegal... specifically because it was so successful for donations.

It is just weird that we have books upon books upon books of basic sales strategy... Yet those same sale strategies are basically all but invisible to the general public... even when spelled out.

Don't get me wrong... I roll my eyes at some of them "Look at this woman beside a videogame. It is saying that this woman is a game and you can play her". Yet the idea of creating positive associations is there.

Yet if you tell that same person that the sale on soup their supermarket is having is actually... not a sale at all and show them exactly how much they are spending according to market cost... They will dismiss it out of hand because "They said it was a sale!".

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118221 on: February 15, 2017, 08:13:06 pm »

I think I might be gay for my best friend. I've been getting the same feelings around him that I get when a girl I've been crushing on pays an undue amount of attention to me. I've noticed myself slowly getting touchier, pats/rubs on the back, as well as anxious when he's not around.

I'm not sexually attracted to him, I wouldn't kiss him at all but these feelings are super fucking weird and I'm really confused and kinda upset. Now's not the best time, emotionally or practically, to realize I'm bi.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118222 on: February 15, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »

Just spontaneously made mashed potato.
I hope everyone gets back in time to eat it before it gets cold.

"Spontaneously" made mash potato? You should get a doctor to look at that. It's not normal.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118223 on: February 15, 2017, 08:19:47 pm »

Now's not the best time, emotionally or practically, to realize I'm bi.
I don't mean to prey, but: What do you mean by 'practically'?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118224 on: February 15, 2017, 08:21:51 pm »

I was thinking something along the lines of being broke, but that doesn't make sense. I'm really not sure now that you ask.

I guess another distraction on top of classes and stuff is stressful.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118225 on: February 15, 2017, 09:07:26 pm »

Isn't overwatch much the same?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #118226 on: February 15, 2017, 09:10:56 pm »

Overwatch is $40 with purely cosmetic microtransactions.  The only kind of scummy thing is many people bought the more exprnsive Origins edition by accident.  Not sure if that was intended on the part of Blizzard.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #118227 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:14 pm »

Nope, its $40 and the Origins Edition is $60 and all that the Origins Edition has over the regular version is just a few exclusive skins and some stuff for other Blizzard games.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118228 on: February 16, 2017, 04:11:35 am »

Just spontaneously made mashed potato.
I hope everyone gets back in time to eat it before it gets cold.

"Spontaneously" made mash potato? You should get a doctor to look at that. It's not normal.
Maybe he was testing a potato cannon.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118229 on: February 16, 2017, 05:22:17 am »

Nope, its $40 and the Origins Edition is $60 and all that the Origins Edition has over the regular version is just a few exclusive skins and some stuff for other Blizzard games.

Well it is a similar tactic... but "Special edition" and "COMPLETE" are sort of separate but very related. Siblings but not twins.

In the sense that they both have DLC I guess... Cousins, but not siblings. Sure they make out with eachother, but still.

But Overwatch is trying to tap into a sort of collection mindset

For honor is trying to tap into a "Complete" mindset AND "Special edition" mindset.
Pages: 1 ... 7880 7881 [7882] 7883 7884 ... 11037