Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7878 7879 [7880] 7881 7882 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488549 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118185 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:25 pm »

Holy shit.  Its official, dating someone equals agreeing to become pregnant.  Who knew?

That being said, I'm realizing that gaffs don't hurt Republicans.  Their far right supporters will assume they meant what they said, and they can just tell everyone else it as an accident or an overstatement.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118186 on: February 14, 2017, 04:59:09 pm »

That's a somewhat baffling choice of words. Usually it's in the host's best interest to excise the parasite.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #118187 on: February 14, 2017, 05:54:26 pm »

I didin't give a shit about Valentines days for like most of my life.
Past two years it was in general a hurtful annoyance.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118188 on: February 14, 2017, 05:54:51 pm »

He presumably said host to highlight that the woman and the baby are separate. The baby may be intrinsically linked to the...hrm....hostess, but it's not the woman's body.

I also assume the bit on responsibility means something along the lines of "it's your body up until the point where you let yourself become pregnant, then it is a host/hostess situation which you are responsible for forming, and thus completing."

If so, I wonder what his view on rape is. Anyway, assuming that my interpretation of what his garbled utterance meant is correct, I agree.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:57:27 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118189 on: February 14, 2017, 05:58:00 pm »

To admit...

In a pro choice world should men have to pay any child support for a baby?

Why can't men get an abortion? "There I paid the price of an abortion... Now that fetus is 100% not mine. If you want to keep it, it is your choice" (Err wait... Abortions are free in some places)

Ohh right because we aren't ENTIRELY on the extremes of pro-choice I guess... I do think it is a natural result if we get to that extreme.

And while I THINK (I am not sure) we have legal abortion blackmail... We do not allow fully developed abortions except in extreme situations. So we are no where close to that point, and hopefully will never get there.

---

Actually hopefully we watched that abortion blackmail loophole... Given how long ago it was since I've last heard of a case of this... It probably is patched.

Since it is really scummy (Criminally scummy) to do...

Heck it might have never been a loophole... It might just be impossible to prove and just something people say as a way to win legal arguments. Which honestly if I had to guess, this is probably the case. In the same way that a divorced couple might suddenly accuse each other of cheating.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:19:44 pm by Neonivek »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118190 on: February 14, 2017, 06:21:09 pm »

All these people having happy or weird or any Valentines' Day stories, and I have zero.

Really, this is more of a sad than anything else, but I'm here now, not in the Sad Thread.
I'd rather have no memory of an empty valentine's day than always being reminded of a bad one.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118191 on: February 14, 2017, 06:29:09 pm »

No valentines day memories here either.  Not even in school.  Every school I went to had a specifically stated policy along the lines of 'if you want to give a classmate a valentine gift you are required to give a copy of that gift to every other classmate as well.' (don't recall the exact wording)

Naturally valentines day was just another day because of that. Pretty much the only hint we got that anything was happening at all was that the rule was posted big and central on every billboard in the school.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118192 on: February 14, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »

All these people having happy or weird or any Valentines' Day stories, and I have zero.

Really, this is more of a sad than anything else, but I'm here now, not in the Sad Thread.
Not having any Valentine's Day stories is, well, kinda normal for me. I don't think I've really celebrated it since grade school.
Wait, is Valentine's Day supposed to be celebrated? I thought that it was just a silly movie invention :P
Yeah, you're supposed to get three buddies and go gun down a bunch of guys you don't like in a garage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118193 on: February 14, 2017, 06:51:36 pm »

I think Ostriches are mammals because they have red meat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118194 on: February 14, 2017, 07:04:21 pm »

No valentines day memories here either.  Not even in school.  Every school I went to had a specifically stated policy along the lines of 'if you want to give a classmate a valentine gift you are required to give a copy of that gift to every other classmate as well.' (don't recall the exact wording)
To be honest that sounds pretty rad.

I don't actually remember anything from any Valentine's day previous, only that I didn't like them. Still don't! My, how things change.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118195 on: February 14, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »

My new pendulum AI thing is an absolutely atrocious brute-force over the entire decision space as represented by a simplified decision tree, requires resetting after each test, the number of which is (number of left-right tree branch split action combinations*number of split points*number of input attributes)=9*9*2=162 and increases by 162 again after every learning cycle due to increasing number of open nodes, and is thus slooooooooooow as fuck.

Also, it has an extremely easy to remember output, which allows me to easily restore the results achieved in previous AI training sessions, and I can manually understand its operation enough that I can almost see the exact way it will (eventually) start doing what I want it to do.

:'(
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118196 on: February 14, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »

That's a somewhat baffling choice of words. Usually it's in the host's best interest to excise the parasite.

Depends on which form of symbiosis though. Yes, parasitism is a type of symbiosis. Still a strange choice of words.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118197 on: February 14, 2017, 07:50:39 pm »

It always baffles me that some people want to treat pregnant women worse than corpses. Can't use a corpse to support another human being (i.e. take an organ) without permission, even if it'll lead to that persons death!

Pregnant women though, fuck 'em.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118198 on: February 14, 2017, 08:15:48 pm »

I think Ostriches are mammals because they have red meat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I move to consider meat color the sole qualifier for organism class.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118199 on: February 14, 2017, 08:39:03 pm »

It always baffles me that some people want to treat pregnant women worse than corpses. Can't use a corpse to support another human being (i.e. take an organ) without permission, even if it'll lead to that persons death!

Pregnant women though, fuck 'em.
Spoiler: off topic I guess (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7878 7879 [7880] 7881 7882 ... 11037