Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7877 7878 [7879] 7880 7881 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488379 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118170 on: February 14, 2017, 01:13:19 pm »

Maybe it wasn't a joke ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118171 on: February 14, 2017, 01:49:01 pm »

You kids make me happy on Valentines with your tales of mystery romance.

Conversely, if my friends has messed with my crush in that manner, I would crush them, as it were.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118172 on: February 14, 2017, 01:53:07 pm »

This day always makes me appreciate the irony of a country with a protestant majority celebrating it, while a country with a catholic majority does not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118173 on: February 14, 2017, 01:57:40 pm »

All these people having happy or weird or any Valentines' Day stories, and I have zero.

Really, this is more of a sad than anything else, but I'm here now, not in the Sad Thread.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118174 on: February 14, 2017, 02:04:00 pm »

I found a face massage that really helps my congestion. I'm not a person for whom massage usually works, I hate being touched and self-administered ones are minor relief at best. Massaging the sides of my nose (just under the bone) in a circular fashion, then the superorbital notch (a bone notch above each of your eyes, under your eyebrows) then blowing my nose will clear my sinuses and/or relieve the pressure for ten to fifteen minutes. I still wish I had medicine but it helps way, way more than I thought it would.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #118175 on: February 14, 2017, 02:05:54 pm »

Wait, today is Valentine's day?

Still not as bad as the year (several years actually) where I forgot my birthday...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118176 on: February 14, 2017, 02:06:47 pm »

All these people having happy or weird or any Valentines' Day stories, and I have zero.

Really, this is more of a sad than anything else, but I'm here now, not in the Sad Thread.
Not having any Valentine's Day stories is, well, kinda normal for me. I don't think I've really celebrated it since grade school.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118177 on: February 14, 2017, 02:10:07 pm »

Not having any Valentine's Day stories is, well, kinda normal for me. I don't think I've really celebrated it since grade school.
Neither have I really?  But I mean, nothing interesting happened even then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118178 on: February 14, 2017, 02:13:53 pm »

Wait, is Valentine's Day supposed to be celebrated? I thought that it was just a silly movie invention :P
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118179 on: February 14, 2017, 02:16:34 pm »

Wait, is Valentine's Day supposed to be celebrated? I thought that it was just a silly movie invention :P
Some people do.
Sigtext

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118180 on: February 14, 2017, 03:12:37 pm »

[unwarrantedopinion]valentines day is a sin[/unwarrantedopinion]
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118181 on: February 14, 2017, 03:17:01 pm »

[unwarrantedopinion]valentines day is a sin[/unwarrantedopinion]

It's a corruption of the feast day of a martyr, but it's also a very old one.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:19:48 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118182 on: February 14, 2017, 03:18:08 pm »

Saint Sebastian day is clearly the best day, so nobody cares about valentine, so its ok to use it for a cooler purpose.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118183 on: February 14, 2017, 04:04:48 pm »

An Oklahoma Republican rep. says that pregnant women are 'hosts'. Wat.....

If an alien were looking at how placental mammal reproduction works, I suppose they'd call it the 'host', but that's only when looking at it in a 100% scientifically logical way that is free of emotion and it certainly describes the function. But still, I really don't agree with that label.

I know it's a feminist article on The Guardian, but the links to the original articles are in there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118184 on: February 14, 2017, 04:49:54 pm »

An Oklahoma Republican rep. says that pregnant women are 'hosts'. Wat.....

If an alien were looking at how placental mammal reproduction works, I suppose they'd call it the 'host', but that's only when looking at it in a 100% scientifically logical way that is free of emotion and it certainly describes the function. But still, I really don't agree with that label.

I know it's a feminist article on The Guardian, but the links to the original articles are in there.

My favourite was Humphrey's justification, assuming that all unintentional pregnancies result from irresponsibility on the part of the woman:

Quote from: The Intercept article
At first, Humphrey said that the original intention of the bill was to ensure that fathers are involved in supporting a child from conception. “I was wanting fathers to have to pay child support at the beginning,” he said, but that specific language was excised from the bill.

Ultimately, he said, his intent was to let men have a say. “I believe one of the breakdowns in our society is that we have excluded the man out of all of these types of decisions,” he said. “I understand that they feel like that is their body,” he said of women. “I feel like it is a separate — what I call them is, is you’re a ‘host.’ And you know when you enter into a relationship you’re going to be that host and so, you know, if you pre-know that then take all precautions and don’t get pregnant,” he explained. “So that’s where I’m at. I’m like, hey, your body is your body and be responsible with it. But after you’re irresponsible then don’t claim, well, I can just go and do this with another body, when you’re the host and you invited that in.”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7877 7878 [7879] 7880 7881 ... 11037