Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7866 7867 [7868] 7869 7870 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14484073 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118005 on: February 11, 2017, 07:00:08 am »

Excuse me, but why Matt Ward is so hated amongst Warhammer 40K players? I'm not into Tabletop Games myself (I have no RL friends), but it's possible that I'll try out DnD or something like that...

We have Warhammer 40000 discussion/appreciation thread right here. May I refer you to its residents for the answer to your question. I, myself, feel like I fell out of the loop on the entire setting, even though I was fanboy-ing pretty hard a few years back.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118006 on: February 11, 2017, 07:01:28 am »

Excuse me, but why Matt Ward is so hated amongst Warhammer 40K players? I'm not into Tabletop Games myself (I have no RL friends), but it's possible that I'll try out DnD or something like that...
I'm only a semi-fan of Warhammer, so I can't really answer, but from what I hear, he's a rather bad Mary Sue styled writer, responsible for the Ultramarines becoming "lol they win end of story xD", with quite a few weird and undesirable traits on the side. But yeah, you'd be better off asking in the KKK times 13333.3333333 thread
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #118007 on: February 11, 2017, 07:04:22 am »

KKK times 13333.3333333

Now that I haven't heard before! Took me a little to decipher the expression, but it's clever.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118008 on: February 11, 2017, 07:08:41 am »

In the grim darkness of the far future, the only light comes from burning crosses.

My personal WTF for the day is this man. Several hundred albums a year, and great titles like "Mutually Assured Destruction is Really Fucking Stupid", or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:10:26 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118009 on: February 11, 2017, 07:25:03 am »

I just ordered pizzas delivered to a bar in the city.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118010 on: February 11, 2017, 08:09:59 am »

Here's your primer. The specific incident to which I referred was one in which a detachment of Grey Knights (Ward's favorite Sues after the smurfs) butchered a detachment of Sisters of Battle (note: both GKs and SoBs known for their extreme loyalty to Emps) and painted their armor with SoB blood to protect themselves from the Bloodtide. As is rightfully pointed out, GW has a history of publishing SoB snuff, but this is one of the worst and Ward bears responsibility for it. Fucking unquestionably-loyal speshul snowflake SMs literally acting like some mix of Khornflake/Slaaneshi Traitor Marines just so he could jack it to the thought of SoB only being able to contribute by being messily slaughtered by their allies.

Fuck. Matt. Ward. And this is just bitching about his fetishes and his role in gutting the SoB crunch in 2011, plus a little bit about GK Suedom, never mind the 'cron cheese and fluff re-shittening, the smurf Suedom, the Blood Angels heresy, his earlier efforts to write SoB out of the universe, and fucking Daemons of Chaos, among others.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118011 on: February 11, 2017, 08:11:31 am »

you know, warhammer and fetishes are things that i don't think ought to ever go together in any official capacity

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118012 on: February 11, 2017, 08:26:31 am »

Christ, tell me about it. It's pretty much always 110% creepy, and that's without getting into Magical Realm Dark Heresy GM territory.

The tl;dr for Ward is that he's a That Guy who got hired to write for his game. Stuff he likes gets broken crunch and has all subtlety hammered out of the fluff leaving them as one-tone Sues. This doubles down for "his" army. And then the SoB, where he turns the army of kickass Joan of Arc expies into helpless damsels in the fluff and gives all their cool shit to other armies in the crunch.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118013 on: February 11, 2017, 09:31:06 am »

On a different subject, at 1600 yesterday I was car-less, short on cash, and on the edge of panic because the bills on my horribly-inefficient (poor insulation being the main culprit, combined with an old furnace and a positively antiquated water heater) apartment. By 1700, I had located a probable vehicle (the body's rough, but there's no stains underneath it after it sat for three months, if the engine sounds good after the guy charges the battery I'll buy it cheap), and arranged to buy my parents' house (which is in much better shape, although I will need to put a new roof on it within the next couple of years) for nothing more than back taxes, as they don't want to deal with the thing anymore.

Considering I didn't do much besides lounge around obsessively checking the mail for my tax check, it was a productive day.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #118014 on: February 11, 2017, 09:45:22 am »

That's an incredible deal, wow. Even needing to reroof, I should think you're saving a ridiculously immense amount of money.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118015 on: February 11, 2017, 09:54:33 am »

Aye, it is. I'm going to have to pay about three grand on it, and there's some other minor issues, but it is a hell of a lot better than what I've got now. Plus, there may be a way to get the roof cheap if I wait a couple of years, as there's some home-ownership organizations that will perform some critical repairs at cost as long as you commit to staying for a certain number of years. Even if I have to pay full price for the roof, ~13 grand (roof plus the taxes) is a hell of a price to pay for a two-story three-bedroom house, with appliances and a lot of furnishings.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #118016 on: February 11, 2017, 10:06:47 am »

It's less than a fifth of what you'd pay for a similar house where I live, although property prices might differ drastically between here and the US. Depending where you want the house, maybe closer to a tenth.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118017 on: February 11, 2017, 10:23:15 am »

That doesn't sound too far off. The market here is depressed, but not too bad for houses with all their wiring and plumbing.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #118018 on: February 11, 2017, 12:09:38 pm »

If houses typically cost $15,000 where you live Arx, then yes, they "might" be cheaper than in the US :P  Add a zero on the end and that'll be more typical.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #118019 on: February 11, 2017, 12:41:39 pm »

A fifth to a tenth of the cost, I said. 75 000 USD is about 975 000 ZAR at the current exchange rate, which depending on where you're looking isn't an impossible cost for a house that will need major maintenance in the near future. 15 000 USD is by extension about 2 million ZAR, which will almost certainly buy a house on that order in even quite an upmarket area.

I mean, if you're buying in dollars, South African real estate might be reasonably cheap. But most people buying South African real estate aren't using dollars.

Pages: 1 ... 7866 7867 [7868] 7869 7870 ... 11037