Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7863 7864 [7865] 7866 7867 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481665 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117960 on: February 10, 2017, 04:54:48 pm »

As I understand it, if you eat enough Toblerone you'll taste like Toblerone.

Ha, this wouldn't end very well either:

"Thanks babe, that was ama-"
"You son-of-a-bitch, have you been eating my candy again?"
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117961 on: February 10, 2017, 05:05:22 pm »

Dig deeper: "I thought that it was our candy?"  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117962 on: February 10, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »

Dig deeper: "I thought that it was our candy?"  :P

Wait.... We can go deeper: "At least I was thoughtful enough to give it back to you after I was done with it!"

*Edit: I'm bored and in a strange place right now. Also, I've been watching Let's Drown Out all day.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:16:53 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117963 on: February 10, 2017, 05:51:43 pm »

Go get yourself some warheads.

Fuck Warheads. Toxic (Nuclear? one of the two) Waste is where it's at.

Can vouch for this, but only around 15 years ago. Back then, their weakest flavor was stronger than Warhead's lemon.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117964 on: February 10, 2017, 07:37:52 pm »

Everyone knows that a little oral sex will completely erase candy-related disappointment.

UNLESS IT'S ABOUT THE FUCKING TOBLERONE CHEAPASS CHANGE-

Toblerone size change, truly the greatest crisis of our era.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117965 on: February 10, 2017, 08:09:04 pm »

Concieving children will soon be forbidden by the new world order, and all citizens will be forcibly sterilized.
We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the GOP. There will be no love, except the love of the Nimble Navigator. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always -- do not forget this, Eric -- always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- for eve
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117966 on: February 10, 2017, 09:11:28 pm »

except the love of the Nimble Navigator.

Once you'd had centipede there's no going back.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117967 on: February 10, 2017, 09:37:14 pm »

We shall abolish the orgasm.
Easy there, J.H. Kellogg.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117968 on: February 10, 2017, 09:40:56 pm »

I'm told there's a significant uproar in the Warhammer 40k community about the concept of female space marines. There is a group that vocally does not want them. Only men can be space marines, because MACHISMO.

How is a woman wielding a heavy machine gun in one hand and a sword made of chainsaws in the other mowing down hordes of roaring orcs not flat-out awesome? In what way is this not literally the sexiest thing you can imagine as a hetero guy? Where did these men leave their penises? Do they remember how long ago it was that they lost them, and do they need help retracing their steps?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117969 on: February 10, 2017, 09:43:49 pm »

Wait, isn't that what the Sororitas was??? I thought the Sororitas -was- female space marines. I mean, they were hyper-Emprah, and wore power armor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117970 on: February 10, 2017, 09:48:18 pm »

Wait, isn't that what the Sororitas was??? I thought the Sororitas -was- female space marines. I mean, they were hyper-Emprah, and wore power armor.

Space Marines = genetically modified supermen

Sororitas = normal women who kick just as much ass as the supermen
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117971 on: February 10, 2017, 09:50:54 pm »

I'm told there's a significant uproar in the Warhammer 40k community about the concept of female space marines. There is a group that vocally does not want them. Only men can be space marines, because MACHISMO.

How is a woman wielding a heavy machine gun in one hand and a sword made of chainsaws in the other mowing down hordes of roaring orcs not flat-out awesome? In what way is this not literally the sexiest thing you can imagine as a hetero guy? Where did these men leave their penises? Do they remember how long ago it was that they lost them, and do they need help retracing their steps?
There are women in power armor carrying machine guns in one hand and chainswords in the other. They are called the Adeptus Sororitas, aka the Sisters of Battle. However, they are not "true" Space Marines as they lack the genetic and anatomic augmentation that "real" Space Marines get.

It's basically a lore issue: canonically only men can become Space Marines and even most of them would die during the process of becoming one. Folks who take the lore (too?) seriously will state categorically that female Space Marines are impossible and/or heretical. Others won't care as much.

It's worth noting that it is impossible for men to become Sisters of Battle, though for an entirely different lore reason: the SoB serve what is basically the Church, and the law forbids the Church from maintaining "men under arms". They get around that law by having female soldiers instead :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117972 on: February 10, 2017, 09:55:45 pm »

Female Space Marines do probably exist, depending on how you define female.

I doubt many will look under the armor of a Slaaneshi Chaos Marine.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #117973 on: February 10, 2017, 10:05:23 pm »

I don't know who you are, but I agree with everything you just said. We need to grab a drink some time, and then go wreck a zombie apocalypse with our respective women.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117974 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »

Just trying to put myself in the shoes of the anti-female-space-marine crowd...

Space Marines have always been all men. I don't remember if there was ever an in-universe reason for it although I'd bet there is. Suddenly having female marines and pretending that it's always been that way would be kinda dissonant. It'd be like suddenly giving Gordon Freeman full voice-acting; not directly contradicting anything, but against pretty long-established rules. The alternative would be advancing the universe of 40k in order to introduce a reason for female marines to exist, and I understand GW would rather self-destruct than advance the plot of 40k.

Either retcon or new canon, there's a problem: because it's about gender, it will feel contrived at this stage of the game. It'll feel like a choice made so that the game could stay relevant, rather than because whoever writes 40k lore genuinely decided to add it. I wouldn't call it pandering, but it feels artificial and game-y. Like breaking the 4th wall on some weird meta level.

I don't give a damn about the lore of 40k, I just like the memes and videogames. I think female Space Marines would be cool too, all of what Dunamisdeos says applies. At the same time though I can understand why it would rub /tg/ grognards who've been playing tabletop 40k since the 80's the wrong way. I have no idea if what I said above is what they're actually saying, I just tried to put myself in their shoes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7863 7864 [7865] 7866 7867 ... 11037