Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7856 7857 [7858] 7859 7860 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478040 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117855 on: February 08, 2017, 09:11:31 am »

I don't know where to put this, so.... TFW you have social anexity (yeah, i just discovered i had this when i googled what it is)and have to ask someone something ("Is your real name [not telling you this]?"). AAaAaAaaAaAaAAaaAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.ted.com/talks/hector_garcia_we_train_soldiers_for_war_let_s_train_them_to_come_home_too
I think this video had some helpful stories. Basically they treated people who had PTSD from wars and who had agoraphobia / crowd phobias by aclimatizing them gradually to social situations. Similar to the one on rejection therapy:
https://www.ted.com/talks/jia_jiang_what_i_learned_from_100_days_of_rejection

Basically you deal with the same situation every day to desensitize yourself to it. Happens a lot faster than you'd think as well, as many of our fears of consequences aren't based in reality. When those consequences don't happen our expectations and thus our fears get recalibrated. But you never know unless you test yourself. The problem with social anxiety is that you're probably holding off until it's something really important, then trying to deal with that cold. Get practice in idle chat when it doesn't matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #117856 on: February 08, 2017, 09:57:29 am »

I know the discussion has moved on a bit from hair, but... everything I've read so far has convinced me that the people here saying "just cut your own hair" have straight hair. Having wavy hair that grows in every direction except down, I absolutely need a professional to cut it, lest it get even more hard to brush into anything that doesn't look like something from a bad anime.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117857 on: February 08, 2017, 10:01:55 am »

That reminds me. It is getting to be about time for my three-month shearing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117858 on: February 08, 2017, 11:19:37 am »

Since I have cthulhu for hair, I also hardly doubt I'd be able to just cut my own hair and get away with it. My hair would probably try to strangle me, along with my girlfriend, who dreams of the day I'll super long hair.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117859 on: February 08, 2017, 12:17:09 pm »

My hair's super curly which is why nobody in my family wants to cut it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117860 on: February 08, 2017, 01:20:32 pm »

I'm reminded of times I've been told off for not smiling when I was in a gloomy mood.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #117861 on: February 08, 2017, 01:26:41 pm »

My hair is just a chaotic mess which I have left mostly to its own devices short of comb application for te past several years, and which I largely keep contained with elastic bands, but it apparently looks pretty good once released from storage, by some magic.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117862 on: February 08, 2017, 01:34:29 pm »

Since we're talking about hair, I recently had mine cut.

#3 off the top, high skin fade.

WTF, when did i get so damn boring. I once had a nice pompadour. Elvis would have been proud.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117863 on: February 08, 2017, 01:43:41 pm »

I have been blessed with thick, wire-straight hair. I don't have a buzz cut though, so cutting it myself isn't really an option.

Anywho, I got into a shouting match with some drunk guy this morning. He yelled at me out his window (Hey you! In the green hat!) to get my attention, then told me to eat a dick. I told him to sober up by jumping in the river, and he told me I sounded like "a ghey." That went on for a short while before he lost interest and wandered off into his house to do whatever it is drunks do at 10:00 in the morning.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117864 on: February 08, 2017, 01:51:12 pm »

Since my hairdresser told me more than 20 years ago that having a triple crown, even though regarded in popular myth as a sign of being of royal lineage, is a hairdresser's worst nightmare, I decided to just let it grow long, and every once in a while do some trimming if it gets too uneven.
Now if I could only find my kingdom.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117865 on: February 08, 2017, 01:52:50 pm »

Anywho, I got into a shouting match with some drunk guy this morning. He yelled at me out his window (Hey you! In the green hat!) to get my attention, then told me to eat a dick. I told him to sober up by jumping in the river, and he told me I sounded like "a ghey." That went on for a short while before he lost interest and wandered off into his house to do whatever it is drunks do at 10:00 in the morning.
This is why I'm glad that my country, unlike the Decadent West™, has a law strictly prohibiting selling alcohol past 23:00. After its introduction, the amount of drunks roaming at night has been drastically reduced!
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117866 on: February 08, 2017, 01:56:16 pm »

Umm...That wouldn't prevent drunks at 10 AM.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117867 on: February 08, 2017, 01:58:39 pm »

It also prohibits selling alcohol earlier than 8:00. All bases are covered!
._.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117868 on: February 08, 2017, 01:59:19 pm »

It also prohibits selling alcohol earlier than 8:00. All bases are covered!
If you can't buy your alcohol at 8 and be drunk by 10, you're not drinking hard enough.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #117869 on: February 08, 2017, 02:22:15 pm »

My sister-in-law needed help with some of her homework (she had been working all day and her brain was kaput, so she was mining me for ideas). This class was.... organized crime, maybe? I don't think so, something like cultural history or something. Anyway the point was one of the questions asked was:

"In what ways are mainstream rappers similiar to the minstrel shows of the 18th century?"

Me, my brother and her were flabbergasted, what a shitty weird question.
Pages: 1 ... 7856 7857 [7858] 7859 7860 ... 11037