Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7854 7855 [7856] 7857 7858 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475736 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117825 on: February 07, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »

Man if there is one thing that will always annoy me about anime is this VERY common occurrence

"A male character resolving a female character's plotline"

Now believe it or not it isn't annoying because of cries of sexism (though frankly... one could make that argument... REALLY EASILY!)...

But rather it is kind of annoying when you get invested in character plotlines and basically they cannot be the agent of their own resolution... Especially when you see the pattern.

Imagine if you were watching an episode where someone who is wheel chair bound is going through extensive physical therapy with the hopes that they will some day be able to climb up the hill with their own legs and say goodbye to the loved ones who died in the car crash that injured their legs.

So the main character or designated "Male person" picks them up, carried them up the hill... and instead of even allowing the person to say goodbye themselves... The hero does that too.

And don't think Anime is the only ones who do something similar. It is just what I am focusing on right now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:39:51 pm by Neonivek »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #117826 on: February 07, 2017, 12:46:02 pm »

My hair's now long enough to regularly fall into my eyes. Having to whip it aside is giving me whiplash. If I brushed it with my hands every time, I'd never have a free hand to actually accomplish anything. I still like having long hair though, if only because I always thought paying for haircuts was kinda bullshit.

I walked down that road a while back. Spent exactly none on haircuts in seven years. Having long hair was pretty good, I sort of enjoyed it. Right now, you're going through what is probably the worst phase of the endeavour. Try some sort of headband, maybe?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #117827 on: February 07, 2017, 12:54:24 pm »

My hair's now long enough to regularly fall into my eyes. Having to whip it aside is giving me whiplash. If I brushed it with my hands every time, I'd never have a free hand to actually accomplish anything. I still like having long hair though, if only because I always thought paying for haircuts was kinda bullshit.

Once it gets longer it will mostly take care of itself. For me that point was when it got about as long as my beard...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117828 on: February 07, 2017, 02:50:54 pm »

Around here, barbers and hairdressers are trained professionals just like plumbers or electricians. They always ask exactly what you want before they even start cutting, and instead of cliché small talk they talk about the work they're doing and ask how you like it. You can even bring a few photos of a model if you want something very specific done.

I've never seen someone who cuts their own hair who doesn't look like someone who cuts their own hair.  I suppose if you want to look that way good for you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117829 on: February 07, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »

Around here, barbers and hairdressers are trained professionals just like plumbers or electricians. They always ask exactly what you want before they even start cutting, and instead of cliché small talk they talk about the work they're doing and ask how you like it. You can even bring a few photos of a model if you want something very specific done.

I've never seen someone who cuts their own hair who doesn't look like someone who cuts their own hair.  I suppose if you want to look that way good for you.

Well if they looked like someone who didn't cut their own hair you're not going to see them and think "they cut their own hair" are you? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117830 on: February 07, 2017, 03:05:27 pm »

I mean, if you have a buzzcut or if you shave your head, that easy to get right by oneself. Or so I would assume. I haven't cut my hair in like eight years, what would I know.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117831 on: February 07, 2017, 03:07:34 pm »

Myth-weavers had a catastrophic error and lost 200,000+ character sheets.
God damn.
That is a lot of character sheets.
Unfortunately they were also the character sheets of the people playing in my game, so...
Yeah. Damn.
Don't people back-up their shit? :V Just take a screenshot if you can't physically save a copy...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #117832 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:18 pm »

Damn, I spent like 6-8 hours this day on the Memrise (site for learning languages)! I was doing some English language courses, BTW, not the German language. I will try some German courses tomorrow, tho.

Note: I'll still need private English teacher in order to get good at the pronunciation. Nobody in my family is fluent in English, so there's nobody who can criticize me and tell if my pronunciation is wrong (I require critique due to my unsureness).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117833 on: February 07, 2017, 03:41:42 pm »

Ya can try and get an Anglo friend to skype with, eh?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #117834 on: February 07, 2017, 03:48:34 pm »

Ya can try and get an Anglo friend to skype with, eh?

Well, I don't know people who are native speakers of English and also have Russian as their second/third/fourth/so on language. I also don't have a microphone.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117835 on: February 07, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »

My experience with listening to English let's plays tells me that there's no such thing as proper pronunciation, or if there is, then no one fucking uses it.
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #117836 on: February 07, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »

I mean, if you have a buzzcut or if you shave your head, that easy to get right by oneself. Or so I would assume. I haven't cut my hair in like eight years, what would I know.

You'd need two mirrors to get the back of your head right, though.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117837 on: February 07, 2017, 04:16:20 pm »

My experience with listening to English let's plays tells me that there's no such thing as proper pronunciation, or if there is, then no one fucking uses it.

The only way to speak English correctly is the way I do it, as I am the only one that speaks proper uninflected English.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #117838 on: February 07, 2017, 04:36:36 pm »

Hey, we must speak the same way, then!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117839 on: February 07, 2017, 04:59:59 pm »

What's really dead-simple for cutting your own hair is to keep it just barely long enough to tie back. When it grows out a bit, tie it back as tight as you can, then add another tie about an inch farther down. Cut straight across the inside of the second tie. Bam, done, five minutes tops. Left untied, that'll give you the solid-line swept-forward look. Another option if it's a bit longer is to gather it all up into a skag topknot and cut just below the tie, which will do your (kinda ghetto) layering automatically and naturally-hair at the top of your head gets cut shortest, hair around the edges of your hairline is left with the most length.

Or you could just shave it all off.

But honestly though. If you're some high-powered jet-setting executive asshole, sure, shell out for a haircut. But if you're not regularly spending time with people you need to impress who will judge you for stupid shit like that, why bother, unless you personally enjoy it? Also different if you're a man who keeps it short, because barbershops are plenty competent when it comes to Generic Short Male Hair #7 and that doesn't take much at all to get right.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 7854 7855 [7856] 7857 7858 ... 11037