Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7853 7854 [7855] 7856 7857 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476099 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117810 on: February 07, 2017, 07:17:31 am »

My hair's now long enough to regularly fall into my eyes. Having to whip it aside is giving me whiplash. If I brushed it with my hands every time, I'd never have a free hand to actually accomplish anything. I still like having long hair though, if only because I always thought paying for haircuts was kinda bullshit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117811 on: February 07, 2017, 07:48:41 am »

My hair's now long enough to regularly fall into my eyes. Having to whip it aside is giving me whiplash. If I brushed it with my hands every time, I'd never have a free hand to actually accomplish anything. I still like having long hair though, if only because I always thought paying for haircuts was kinda bullshit.

I'm curious, what's the reasoning behind the paying for haircuts being bullshit thing?
Paying money for a service which takes more time and typically delivers a worse result than if you had done the work yourself.

It's like paying a contractor to remodel your bathroom and ending up with leaking pipes, a deactivated electrical socket, a perpetually overflowing toilet, and cracked tiles all over the place.

At least if you're a man. I hear hair salons rarely have people working in them who are competent, capable of understanding what you want, and willing to give you that instead of what they think would look good on you without your consent.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117812 on: February 07, 2017, 07:52:06 am »

That seems like a very much alien experience to me. I cut my own hair sometimes, but it's a bit of a hassle to make sure it looks okay, and the people in even the cheapo hair places that I go to seem to pretty much always be competent enough and they do what I want. I can imagine it helps them that I like my hair to be very simple, but on the other hand if I wanted anything fancy I seriously doubt I could cut it myself.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117813 on: February 07, 2017, 08:20:22 am »

Yeah, whenever I get my hair cut I just get it all chopped off into a very simple, very short men's cut that's apparently impossible to screw up.

I just don't like having to sit still that long and make awkward small talk. Same reason I don't like eating at real restaurants (anything above fast food), overly friendly/helpful wait staff just make me really uncomfortable. No matter what it is really, I just like to receive polite yet efficient service and leave quietly.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #117814 on: February 07, 2017, 08:26:17 am »

Around here, barbers and hairdressers are trained professionals just like plumbers or electricians. They always ask exactly what you want before they even start cutting, and instead of cliché small talk they talk about the work they're doing and ask how you like it. You can even bring a few photos of a model if you want something very specific done.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117815 on: February 07, 2017, 08:37:28 am »

That seems like a very much alien experience to me. I cut my own hair sometimes, but it's a bit of a hassle to make sure it looks okay, and the people in even the cheapo hair places that I go to seem to pretty much always be competent enough and they do what I want. I can imagine it helps them that I like my hair to be very simple, but on the other hand if I wanted anything fancy I seriously doubt I could cut it myself.

Cmon, I'm sure you could pull this one off:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117816 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:46 am »

It'd be hard for me to completely remove my hair and head and all background from existence, leaving behind only a 404 error. To be honest I'd rather leave that to the professionals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117817 on: February 07, 2017, 08:43:08 am »

I could see myself wearing this one:

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117818 on: February 07, 2017, 08:53:11 am »

It'd be hard for me to completely remove my hair and head and all background from existence, leaving behind only a 404 error. To be honest I'd rather leave that to the professionals.

They must've nuked hotlinking ... let me pull that from google's cache:

To be honest, shaping you head into a 404 error would be easier to pull off.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117819 on: February 07, 2017, 09:01:06 am »

I wonder if an artist could shape one's hair in the shape of one's head and face, and then produce a hair/head fractal.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117820 on: February 07, 2017, 10:53:19 am »

Tried to cut my hair myself once and about Van Gogh'd myself, never did that again
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117821 on: February 07, 2017, 11:18:04 am »

Myth-weavers had a catastrophic error and lost 200,000+ character sheets.
God damn.
That is a lot of character sheets.
Unfortunately they were also the character sheets of the people playing in my game, so...
Yeah. Damn.

This was a fun thing to run into on game night for a year-long campaign I've been in. Luckily leveling has been slow since then, so that's only like 3 levels out of 10.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117822 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:15 am »

Give it another week or two, and your hair will be long enough to fall over your eyes, instead of into them.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117823 on: February 07, 2017, 11:51:34 am »

Give it another week or two, and your hair will be long enough to fall over your eyes, instead of into them.
When my hair was shorter, there's that time in self-reflection when you remember that 'oh this is how it felt', and your hair is like fine bristles on your eyes--especially when you move your head and it slaps your face. :P Fun thought, seeing the growth and development tinybit-by-tiny bit.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117824 on: February 07, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »

I just spent an hour trying to figure out exactly which model of Tandy 1000 my grandmother used to have, in an effort to get PCem configured as closely as possible.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7853 7854 [7855] 7856 7857 ... 11037