Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7852 7853 [7854] 7855 7856 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474100 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117795 on: February 06, 2017, 05:44:53 pm »

I called the FDA, because holy fuc
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. A character constantly is saying, "I'M NOT YOUR BOOT-LICK"
KHORNE WANTS YOUR BLOOD THIS DAY
Not an amazing quote-snip.
First readthrough had me thinking "I called the FCC because a character constantly is saying "I'M NOT YOUR BOOT-LICK"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117796 on: February 06, 2017, 05:58:02 pm »

I spent all of yesterday being useless trash.

A mature, responsible adult, that's me all right  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117797 on: February 06, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »

A mature, responsible adult knows that rest time is good and healthy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117798 on: February 06, 2017, 07:27:56 pm »

Probably helps prevent mold, but yeah, dries it out a lot faster.
On the flip side, leaving it out tends to work well regardless of what sort of bread you buy. If it's fresh-baked (or something in the neighborhood of), you'll polish it off in maybe 5-6 days tops, so it doesn't really get a chance to go moldy, and if it does, all that's lost is the stale-as-shit heel. If it's processed square presliced shit, it has a shelf life measured in weeks or months, so there's no worry about mold and no rush to eat it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117799 on: February 06, 2017, 08:06:36 pm »

There's a difference between "rest time" and "lounge in front of the computer browsing fanart all day while getting nothing remotely productive done". Guess which one I did?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117800 on: February 06, 2017, 08:14:20 pm »

On the flip side, leaving it out tends to work well regardless of what sort of bread you buy. If it's fresh-baked (or something in the neighborhood of), you'll polish it off in maybe 5-6 days tops, so it doesn't really get a chance to go moldy, and if it does, all that's lost is the stale-as-shit heel. If it's processed square presliced shit, it has a shelf life measured in weeks or months, so there's no worry about mold and no rush to eat it.
Mmhm, you've said it better.  If I still have bread a week later, something is wrong.  Bread is meant for eating - it's literally an aborted yeast culture.
If you leave it out, for that long, of course it will go bad.  And if you see visible spots, that's technically long *after* a mold has taken root.
(Not that that's prevented me from slicing out the moldy bits and eating the rest)

The human stomach can "stomach" quite a bit of mold.  But uh... not too much.  You might need a little downtime.  I do not recommend it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117801 on: February 06, 2017, 08:28:37 pm »

Mmhm, you've said it better.  If I still have bread a week later, something is wrong.  Bread is meant for eating - it's literally an aborted yeast culture.
If you leave it out, for that long, of course it will go bad.  And if you see visible spots, that's technically long *after* a mold has taken root.
(Not that that's prevented me from slicing out the moldy bits and eating the rest)

The human stomach can "stomach" quite a bit of mold.  But uh... not too much.  You might need a little downtime.  I do not recommend it.
That's why I toast after the first day or two. It's already going stale by then and toastin's good for that, with the added bonus of scorching off mold  if it's that far-gone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117802 on: February 06, 2017, 08:33:28 pm »

Mmhm.  Bacteria (particularly salmonella) start depositing stomach-disturbing chemicals after a point, but it's a LOT worse to introduce them into the stomach directly.
Edit: also fungus, particularly for bread.

Somethings are not meant for human minds stomachs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #117803 on: February 06, 2017, 10:49:18 pm »

Apparently there is no brand capable of competently doing a powdered soup. I know it's a tall order when you think about it, but I'd hoped to get something that doesn't thicken until it feels like you're slurping down mucus.
I dont know if it's available in other countries, but Hansell's instant soups are really nice. They come in both powder and liquid pouches, but i prefer to just get the liquid and microwave it. Various flavours, too.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117804 on: February 07, 2017, 12:19:48 am »

People who don't understand thermodynamics.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117805 on: February 07, 2017, 02:45:16 am »

Apparently there is no brand capable of competently doing a powdered soup. I know it's a tall order when you think about it, but I'd hoped to get something that doesn't thicken until it feels like you're slurping down mucus.
I dont know if it's available in other countries, but Hansell's instant soups are really nice. They come in both powder and liquid pouches, but i prefer to just get the liquid and microwave it. Various flavours, too.

I'll put them on my list, then. Aussie and NZ brands are often available here.

There's a difference between "rest time" and "lounge in front of the computer browsing fanart all day while getting nothing remotely productive done". Guess which one I did?

Wait, there is? But seriously, if you're getting something super productive done it's (probably) not rest time. Don't beat yourself up over it, some time with your brain switched off is good for you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117806 on: February 07, 2017, 06:00:27 am »

Sorry I was spelling it foenetically

It's not pronounced that way either.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117807 on: February 07, 2017, 06:04:27 am »

Sure doesn't take me long to write off MMORPGs.

Trying a few out... and some of them seriously make me never want to play them within the first five minutes...

"Hello, VERY inappropriate music that drones on and on and won't stop... with the game feeling absolutely silent amongst the overly bombastic music that plays all the time"

Goodness how do you make sound design that bad? It is so rare that a game manages to give me a headache...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:15:12 am by Neonivek »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117808 on: February 07, 2017, 06:52:24 am »

Myth-weavers had a catastrophic error and lost 200,000+ character sheets.
God damn.
That is a lot of character sheets.
Unfortunately they were also the character sheets of the people playing in my game, so...
Yeah. Damn.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117809 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:50 am »

Wow. Holy shit. Rip in peaces I guess. That's a pretty big loss.
Pages: 1 ... 7852 7853 [7854] 7855 7856 ... 11037