Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7844 7845 [7846] 7847 7848 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469857 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117675 on: February 03, 2017, 05:59:05 pm »

Helmets being more of a hinderance than anything in fiction, however, now I am on the same page. It is quite odd. And if it is a model that masks your face entirely, then it is certain death to wear it.

There's this dude named Vader, you might have heard of him...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117676 on: February 03, 2017, 06:02:00 pm »

One of my coworkers came in extremely pissed off this morning. Apparently because he rode his bike to work and almost got frostbite on his hands. My opinion is that if you're going to ride your bike in 25°F weather with no hand protection, your really can't complain about what happens to your hands.

And he wasn't the only one coming in to work on a bicycle, though the other guy had an excuse(Uber wanted to charge him nearly double for his ride) and was a lot more chill*cough* about the whole thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117677 on: February 03, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »

Jeez, my knuckles hurt just thinking about that.

Yeah, if you live in a place where it gets that cold and you may need to ride a bike, invest in some decent gloves. Even just something to keep the wind chill off would probably work wonders.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117678 on: February 03, 2017, 06:11:04 pm »

Helmets being more of a hinderance than anything in fiction, however, now I am on the same page. It is quite odd. And if it is a model that masks your face entirely, then it is certain death to wear it.

There's this dude named Vader, you might have heard of him...

But then again, he not only became the mask, as it were, but he also eventually died. There is no happy (at least not happy and live) ending in store for a man who not only wears a fully enclosed helmet and a black cape but also wears a stahlhelm on top.
Speaking of, I have always wondered about the buttons on his front. Is there a coin slot?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117679 on: February 03, 2017, 06:20:20 pm »

More importantly, his helmet is a face, which is an exception to the usual rule.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117680 on: February 03, 2017, 06:30:24 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117681 on: February 03, 2017, 06:36:39 pm »

The Humans weren't a coalition of goodness.
They, uh, actually kinda are, according to the manual of Warcraft 1:
Quote from: Cleric's unit description
These are the holy men of our kingdom. Their spiritual leadership keeps both the people and the troops of Azeroth focused upon our mission of everlasting peace. Their ability to channel the spirit of humanity through their bodies makes them truly wondrous, and stories of their ability to heal the sick and injured, as well as being able to affect the perceptions of others, are miraculous in nature. The transgressions against Humanity by the Orcs have forced them to devise ways to defend themselves, but their true path remains the healing of men's souls.
Quote from: Holy Lance's spell description
The invasion of the Orcish hordes has necessitated our divining a method to protect not only ourselves, but the whole of the people of Azeroth, as well. The use of physical violence is not the calling of our order, but each force must be met with an equal force for the balance of good and evil to be preserved. As the archangels took up swords of light to defend the heavens, so must we take up holy arms to defend our lands. The pure essence of the casters heart, mind, and soul strikes out to defend him from threat, and enters into the soul of the target. This is especially effective against the Orcs because of their dark and evil origins.
Quote from: Healing's spell description
The aiding of our brothers and sisters in times of sorrow, grief, and illness is the primary concern of the disciples from Northshire Abbey. This has required us to devise a way to ease the burdens of those about us, with out causing another an equal burden. This has led us to using the spirit of humanity itself to heal all forms of injury or disease. The effect is that the pain and injury of the one afflicted is divided amongst all humanity, making the burden easier to bear (carrying the cross of another).

And Orcs were not just simply "aggressors", they... well, just read those:
Quote from: Necrolyte's unit description
Practitioners of the Orcish religions, these binders of souls command the black powers that hold control over the earth. Linked into the dominions of the lower plains, Necrolytes have power over all things dark and evil, including the raising of fallen warriors to create armies of the undead. Through ceremonies performed at their Temples, they learn to warp the essence of shadow to use for their advantage.
Quote from: Warlock's unit description
If the energies of this world can be used for destruction, then the energies of the underworld could destroy Azeroth. It is this destructive power that the Orcish Warlocks use in their incantations and rituals. As the most powerful of the Orcish sects, these dark brethren of Hades go where none others dare in search of ultimate power. Their Towers hold the keys to unleashing the very essence of evil upon those they see as a threat to their devious plans. Spells that channel the fire and brimstone of hell through their bodies, or can summon forth great creatures - even daemons - are theirs to use.
Quote from: Shadow Spear's spell description
This is a spear of energy culled from the evils of the Orcish clans. When an Orc dies, his soul descends into Hades for judgment, and his essence is divided into good and evil. The Orcish Necrolytes have learned to siphon the black energies from this plane and use it for their own purposes. This weapon of darkness is the manifestation of those black souls, and causes excruciating pain to those it strikes.
Quote from: Raise Dead's spell description
The Necrolytes have close ties to the dark forces of Hell, and in consequence study the forbidden arts of the dead. They have gained the ability to bind the bodies of the dead to this domain, creating armies of soulless creatures. With no minds to speak of, they will disdain the use of weapons, seeking to rend the flesh of those they are directed to attack with their bare boned hands.
Quote from: Unholy Armor's spell description
This ritual invokes the recipient with a mystic armor of invulnerability. Weapons will have their effects dissipated when striking the wearer. This armor is constructed from the souls of the damned, and they absorb the pain that any blows would normally inflict upon the wearer. The price that is exacted from those who are bestowed with this invulnerability is a high one, however, for they must sacrifice a portion of their soul to act as a magnet to bind these lost souls to themselves. After some time, this binding will weaken, and those who make up the armor will be released back into their eternal torment.
Quote from: Barrack's building description
The training of Orcish armies takes place in this structure. Grunts, Spearmen, and Raiders all practice the skills needed to slay the enemy in the cruelest form imaginable. When your forces have been depleted and more warriors are needed, fresh recruits can be found here. The crews that man the awesome catapults are also trained here, and when one of the mighty devices is required, it will be routed through here as well.

This is about as unambiguously pure evil as it gets.
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117682 on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »

I tried playing Mountain of Faith, sharing screens during a Skype call. Despite the enxiety of being watched, playing in a tiny window as opposed to fullscreen and trying to keep up some kind of commentary, I did much much better than usual. Lower score than my best run, but better progress through the game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117683 on: February 03, 2017, 06:45:56 pm »

Commentary? During a 2hu game? You're a crazy person.
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117684 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:40 pm »

Well, it amounted to saying "Oh fuck" and "Ah shit I got trapped" and "I usually die at this part", but I was saying words during most of the time I was playing. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117685 on: February 03, 2017, 08:45:44 pm »

uhhhhh, how do I unlock my own thread? There seems to be no mechanism for doing so.....

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #117686 on: February 03, 2017, 08:46:22 pm »

I believe there is an unlock button where the lock button formerly was.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117687 on: February 03, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »

I believe there is an unlock button where the lock button formerly was.

I used the 'make new post' method of locking it.....

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #117688 on: February 03, 2017, 08:49:01 pm »

I'm unfamiliar with that method, but there should be an "unlock thread" button near the bottom of the screen when viewing the thread.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117689 on: February 03, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »

*FACEPALM*
Pages: 1 ... 7844 7845 [7846] 7847 7848 ... 11037