Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7825 7826 [7827] 7828 7829 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460380 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117390 on: January 28, 2017, 08:15:37 pm »

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered (it actually occurred on December 26th).
Some people keep the snark on high, which turns into personal attacks because of the generalizing and 'you're DOING THIS' instead of "[I see you're doing this idea I'm currently thinking about] Maybe {more ideas} would help" or something. >_>
 :-\

It was over the whole refugee mass blanket ban controversey (bordering on scandal almost) and one person got snarky or something and another didn't like the tone of that person.
Ohh :< Thanks for context. It may be hard for some folks to be distinct with tone over the net though...and many people are REALLY connected with what's going on with good reason so yeah :/ misunderstandings on sensitive grounds. Hope it goes well though and the people involved may connect with each other too.

Well the WTF thread is now the "Ameripol Spillover Thread". Oh 2016, what have you wrought?
Tension because of what had happened and what's happening and what can even...reasonably be implied because it's already affecting people realistically at present maybe. .-.

Though I'd still love to hear more people's ideas on my dream-post back there! :P I'm really hopping on my curiosity that there's an explanation of it, but I can't find anything online.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117391 on: January 28, 2017, 08:18:45 pm »

Well the WTF thread is now the "Ameripol Spillover Thread". Oh 2016, what have you wrought?

lol.

Anyway, to pour molten salt* into the wound, Trump claims that "“It’s working out very nicely,” he said. “You see it at the airports, you see it all over.”". It's just the absolute height of hypocricy and willful blindness.

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered (it actually occurred on December 26th).
Some people keep the snark on high, which turns into personal attacks because of the generalizing and 'you're DOING THIS' instead of "[I see you're doing this idea I'm currently thinking about] Maybe {more ideas} would help" or something. >_>
 :-\

It was over the whole refugee mass blanket ban controversey (bordering on scandal almost) and one person got snarky or something and another didn't like the tone of that person.
Ohh :< Thanks for context. It may be hard for some folks to be distinct with tone over the net though...and many people are REALLY connected with what's going on with good reason so yeah :/ misunderstandings on sensitive grounds. Hope it goes well though and the people involved may connect with each other too.

Tension because of what had happened and what's happening and what can even...reasonably be implied because it's already affecting people realistically at present maybe. .-.

Pretty much the tension, yeah, looked like pttg snapped at losbo for seeming to joke around when pttg was being serious.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117392 on: January 28, 2017, 08:19:56 pm »

I mean it isn't a Muslim ban because it isn't like he Banned Israel. (At least as far as I know) and it is a Muslim country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117393 on: January 28, 2017, 08:21:22 pm »

I mean it isn't a Muslim ban because it isn't like he Banned Israel. (At least as far as I know) and it is a [b[Muslim[/b] country.

Might want to check your facts, heh.

Anyways, the King of Jordan is supposed to meet with Trump on Monday, so, I wonder if he is outraged at all this, maybe.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117394 on: January 28, 2017, 08:23:29 pm »

I mean it isn't a Muslim ban because it isn't like he Banned Israel. (At least as far as I know) and it is a [b[Muslim[/b] country.

Might want to check your facts, heh.

16% Muslim? Yep Muslim Country. Large enough sect for there to be terrorists... In fact it is also a terrorist country (In that terrorist cells are created inside its borders)

Yes I am using broad generalizations... but less broad then the ban soo...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117395 on: January 28, 2017, 08:28:33 pm »

<snip> moved to containment
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:24:56 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117396 on: January 28, 2017, 08:29:10 pm »

Serves me right for not paying attention to the news, but... am I really now living in an openly dystopian world? WTF?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117397 on: January 28, 2017, 08:30:12 pm »

Meanwhile, the Canadian PM Justin Trudeau has pulled a Merkel, in response to Trump's decree, and announced that all refugees are welcome in Canada.
He Tweeted "Canada warmly welcomes everyone who flees from persecution, terror and war, regardless of religion. Diversity is Canada's strenght. #WelcomeToCanada".
He added a picture of himself welcoming a Syrian child at the airport.

According to government spokesperson Kate Purchase, Trudeau has a message for Trump. "The prime minister looks forward to having a good conversation with mr. Trump about Canada's successful refugee policy, next time they meet."

Toronto's mayor John Tory commented: "We Canadians are all immigrants. No one should be denied access based on ethnicity or nationality."

Go Canada! :)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117398 on: January 28, 2017, 08:37:55 pm »

Serves me right for not paying attention to the news, but... am I really now living in an openly dystopian world? WTF?

And remember at this point Trump's only been in charge for a week, and he took the first weekend off. So he's basically achieved all this in about 5 days worth of actively "Presidenting".

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117399 on: January 28, 2017, 08:40:29 pm »

And remember at this point Trump's only been in charge for a week, and he took the first weekend off. So he's basically achieved all this in about 5 days worth of actively "Presidenting".
we ain't seen nothing yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117400 on: January 28, 2017, 08:41:54 pm »

He didn't really take the weekend off, but yes, the work truly began on Monday.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117401 on: January 28, 2017, 09:07:39 pm »

Yeah, fuck Konami. I do hope their IPs get bought by a lot of different people.

This.  Actually, pretty much every decision Konami has made in the last few years has made me literally go WTF out loud.

Then there's their treatment of Kojima which wasn't just stupid but outright dishonorable.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117402 on: January 28, 2017, 09:12:27 pm »

edit: moved to containment.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:22:53 pm by smjjames »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117403 on: January 28, 2017, 09:14:32 pm »

So...I was given a programming assignment by a contact of the lawyer that I interviewed with. I'm not much of a programmer, as all of the programmers here know, and I was open and honest about that. He still offered me $500 to make a program that seems like it would be simple if you know JavaScript...which I only know a little bit about.

I just...I have no idea what to do. I didn't want to turn the guy down, but this is a little above my head, which is something I told him.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #117404 on: January 28, 2017, 09:19:32 pm »

I mean... if you think it would be simple if you know javascript, puzzle out a little javascript for it? If it's actually not a lurking code nightmare, you might not really need to know much to get it to work. Gods know the stuff I've been doing lately related to ToME isn't involving understanding of the programming syntax. Or anything else, really. Not full blown is!program stuff, but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7825 7826 [7827] 7828 7829 ... 11040