Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7809 7810 [7811] 7812 7813 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453545 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117150 on: January 24, 2017, 07:01:31 pm »

No no no, you got it wrong, its atheist satanist klansmen against trump.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117151 on: January 24, 2017, 07:07:01 pm »

No no no, you got it wrong, its atheist satanist klansmen against trump.
is that something like Your Friendly Neighborhood Hitlerjugend?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117152 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »

Nah, more like your friendly neighborhood D&D group that prob only play chaotic neutral rogues and bards.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117153 on: January 24, 2017, 07:49:18 pm »

Nah, more like your friendly neighborhood D&D group that prob only play chaotic neutral rogues and bards.

They're really just edgy atheists who call themselves Satanists to shock the normies, much like an even more cringy version of LaVeyan Satanists.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117154 on: January 24, 2017, 08:03:49 pm »

I was referring more to the 'Klan' part. So they're not the atheist chapter of the KKK?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117155 on: January 24, 2017, 08:17:17 pm »

This is a good reminder that, even though I was tight on money for a while (not my current unemployment, I mean the jobs before that dream job), I still benefited a lot from urban infrastructure.  I guess there're reasons it costs so much to live in cities.  Honestly, whenever I consider going rural, this sort of thing is what scares me.  (Even dish is unreliable, right?  At least in heavy weather).

They're really just edgy atheists who call themselves Satanists to shock the normies, much like an even more cringy version of LaVeyan Satanists.
There are self-labelled Satanists who worship generic rebellion from any creator who would create this, yeah.  Following the Satan as a classic idea instead of a real entity.

We all secretly love jar jar.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/
tldr; There's actually a surprising amount of evidence, convincing to me, that Jar Jar was secretly a powerful sith.  Redeeming the character.
Even though it might be dead at this point (possibly because of the massive fan reaction against Jar Jar), I think the evidence is intriguing.

Edit: Here's one gify that sums up the argument: https://gfycat.com/EnormousColorfulIbisbill
It was that or the palace skybridge scene...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:22:52 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117156 on: January 24, 2017, 08:55:04 pm »

I've missed this, but
legendary super saiyan is canon
yes please

the best villain in DBZ returns to once again grace us puny mortals with their divine presence

thankfully not, new girl

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117157 on: January 24, 2017, 09:25:20 pm »

teachers assigned way to much all at once with little notice. its actually impossible for me to get everything done. you simply cant do language homework after 12 hours of school, job and other more important homework. if i try i just stair at it for 5 minutes and almost fall asleep. i cant do one worksheet let alone 4 and a writing project in another language. I'm going to have to see if i cant squeeze most of the project out in two hours next morning and fit in my other reading and writing project in an hour in my lunch time before class. thank goodness my other class scaled back the reading because that wasn't going to get done and my end of the month language homework is getting all shifted to the weekends instead of spread out like its supposed to be taking hours out off the rest time that i really need. teachers please just make stuff due on Friday not Wednesday, especially if all the classes are structured to be mostly on Monday and Wednesday and the students cant start or don't know about it until Monday afternoon. and definitely don't give out an hour of homework everyday that is due the next day with compounding work due at the end of the month it doesn't help learning if you collapse form exhaustion. :(

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117158 on: January 24, 2017, 09:28:57 pm »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69321

Le Sigh.

should I count it as a good game?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117159 on: January 25, 2017, 12:11:14 am »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69321

Le Sigh.

should I count it as a good game?

I honestly do not have a clue what you linked to. What kind of game is it? Mafia?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117160 on: January 25, 2017, 12:23:07 am »

yea sorry.

I was a traitor without a nightkill who lost his team by D2.  I then preceded to make it to lylo, without a NK, and almost win.

It was a soulcrushing 13 player, 9 day game.   For reference thats about twice as long as it should usually have taken.

Pedit:

AND OHH DID I MENTION THERE WERE 2 ICs??!!  GAAAHAH
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:31:37 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #117161 on: January 25, 2017, 12:58:39 am »

I'm making a conlang and I can't stop.  I've got all the sounds, made an alphabet, made a word pattern (C)V(N(V))(C), and now I can spend all day tomorrow afternoon making vocab and grammar.

Send help, either to help me make it or to drag me out of this rabbit hole, both are appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:03:55 am by Cthulufaic »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117162 on: January 25, 2017, 04:33:06 am »

I've missed this, but
legendary super saiyan is canon
yes please

the best villain in DBZ returns to once again grace us puny mortals with their divine presence

thankfully not, new girl
The divine essence of His Majesty, Broly, knows no bounds of character, but merely that of their form.

tl;dr - she looks like Broly, and that makes her the best villain 11/10 automatically
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117163 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:23 am »

Why have I never considered working for a bank before? Great hours and decent pay for an entry-level position.

I've never liked banks, I guess that's why... being charged £30 for going overdrawn 27p will probably be a major gripe I have for the rest of my life. Ah well. The joys of having to get a job.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117164 on: January 25, 2017, 04:48:23 am »

PFT still getting harassed for my "Software Inc." review because I gave it a negative review which I still stand by and feel like I satisfactorily defended. (ok harassed is not the right word)

Yet why are people drawing upon things that aren't part of my overall review?

This time they are attacking me on the basis that "You just don't like complex games, you should stay out of management games" or something along those lines. Yet my review wasn't about complexity but rather how it couldn't present its complexity both organically and that it couldn't make me believe in what was occurring in the game.

Which I'll put it like this... Pizza Tycoon made me believe I was running a pizzeria (and I don't even think that game is even all that good... Though in many ways it is AMAZING!) and serving pizza to customers.

I do not believe I am making software in Software Inc.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:50:53 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 7809 7810 [7811] 7812 7813 ... 11040