Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7807 7808 [7809] 7810 7811 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455831 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117120 on: January 24, 2017, 07:19:29 am »

He's talking about the video, I think.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117121 on: January 24, 2017, 08:10:24 am »

I've missed this, but
legendary super saiyan is canon
yes please

the best villain in DBZ returns to once again grace us puny mortals with their divine presence
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117122 on: January 24, 2017, 08:24:23 am »

Also, evidence.
Huh? Are you saying it's okay to let a rape go on longer for the sake of better evidence?
Probably more along the lines of "the crime won't stop until the police arrive regardless so let's let the bastards incriminate themselves to the fullest possible degree". It would be like FB taking down photos of people posing with stolen goods because it encourages criminal behavior.

That, and if you take it down before the cops get there and they notice they might kill the girl or take her hostage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117123 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:10 am »

Facebook could probably add security measure that, once a stream that contains criminal activity is reported and confirmed as having criminal content, cuts acess to the images and sounds and freezes the live post feed for the streamers without actualy cutting the stream on the offender's end, while at the same time contacting the authorities and saving a copy of the stream for the police. Said measure would prob be far from perfect, but it'd prob work better than whats currently in place, which seems to be nothing :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117124 on: January 24, 2017, 11:09:35 am »

*playing Might and Magic II"

Ug, these interleaves (you find messages throughout the game that look like nonsense, but if you take the set of a given color, and arrange one letter from each message (looping) according to a given code, you get important info) seem like a pain in the ass.

*spends forty-five minutes making an excel sheet to do it for me"
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117125 on: January 24, 2017, 01:11:26 pm »

FUDGE!!!

Resident Evil 7... and the ordinary people who are not zombies are more scary then the freeken zombies!

Seriously want a horror game? Just have a section where you have dinner with your "wife"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117126 on: January 24, 2017, 01:25:43 pm »

Speaking of Resident Evil 7 and WTFs, I had a very, very strange coincidence a little while ago.

Earlier today (well, yesterday) I saw on Facebook that a band I know was planning to do a livestream of themselves playing the new Resident Evil game all night. I found this mildly amusing and mentioned it to my friend, describing them as "the most cooked band in the world", which probably isn't too far from the truth.   

Hours later, I am sitting opposite that same friend at the dining table, both of us using our respective laptops.
I'm being subjected to his taste in music, which is sometimes rather good but this time was mostly a variety of rather insipid vaporwave with irritating pitch-shifted vocals along with the occasional decent beat. Eventually though I hear something very strange, and, I realised, rather good. At first I thought it was the same artist as the last track and was rather impressed, especially since the guy was actually singing, but no, it was something entirely different.

I go over there to have a look at the Bandcamp page, which displayed rather amusing cover art and (of course) a tantalising tape release on offer. The music kind of reminded me of a more-chill version of some of the best tracks from the We Love Katamari soundtrack. Anyway, I had him scroll down so I could see what genre it was described as, and to my surprise and amazement I saw "Co-released with Gnar Tapes in 2016" in the description.
Gnar Tapes is the label run by the members of The Most Cooked Band In The WorldTM, White Fang.

...Maybe that coincidence doesn't mean that much to y'all, but given how disparate our musical preferences are for the most part it was rather amusing having worlds collide like that. The album in question was on a label that presumably releases vaporwave for the most part, too. Now I'm most likely gonna grab a copy of it on tape once I get paid.
I'm pretty sure the band's Resident Evil livestream is still going strong, by the way, albeit with only one of them still awake.

This rambly tale was brought to you by music-induced euphoria, sleep deprivation and the time 5:25 AM.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #117127 on: January 24, 2017, 02:08:45 pm »

I was going through some of my older games today and came across some of my all-time favorites (Freelancer and Age of Empires II for example) and got to thinking about when I first played them.

You know what the bizarre part was though? I bought those (two particular) games on a disk and I got them at an office supply store of all places. Do you remember when it was possible to go to a store and buy games, when you actually got the game, not just permission to download the game wrapped in a shiny box?

Internet distribution is great for indie games, but sometimes I miss the time before AAA games had online DRM, when you could just buy the game, go home, and play it. No internet involved...

Oh well, time marches on. (and I'm not that old yet! What will it be like when I am 30? 50?)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117128 on: January 24, 2017, 02:41:40 pm »

I remember GBA cartridges that erased my save file for no reason. Also a lot of used games that I was very excited to play, only to discover weeks later that they had a scratch that made it impossible to complete one section or another. RIP Jet Set Radio Future, Metal Gear Solid, Sega GT 2002.

I also loved games with massive four-disc install processes. And by "loved" I mean "wanted to throw in a fire". I would pay extra to have the entire thing on one CD, please.

Being nagged to register a game online was good times as well.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117129 on: January 24, 2017, 02:43:11 pm »

I think it was Police quest 2 or 3, it came on something like 18 floppy disks. The disk swapping during gameplay was ridiculous
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117130 on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:47 pm »

I think it was Police quest 2 or 3, it came on something like 18 floppy disks. The disk swapping during gameplay was ridiculous

And people wonder why I say the reason why Point and Clicks died was because they were too expensive to make... Rather then them being terrible.

Or more specifically they were still popular about the time they started to go away... But at the time they were a very expensive type of game to make to the extent where they HAD to be a hit in order to break even.

But they were more on the niche end of popular with a few monoliths and others which would see moderate success.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:48:02 pm by Neonivek »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117131 on: January 24, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »

I wanted some new music for the long car ride to work, so i decided to start downloading the crypt of the necro dancer soundtrack
Oh well, i thought, how large could it possibly be ... apparently 8 GB
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #117132 on: January 24, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »

What is it, uncompressed PCM files?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117133 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:30 pm »

Do you remember when it was possible to go to a store and buy games, when you actually got the game, not just permission to download the game wrapped in a shiny box?

Yeah it's called 'Nintendo'
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117134 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »

...I do that anytime I walk into Gamestop.

I admit, I'm not a true PC gamer. But it still exists. Stop being so cynical :v
Pages: 1 ... 7807 7808 [7809] 7810 7811 ... 11040