Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7791 7792 [7793] 7794 7795 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462001 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116880 on: January 19, 2017, 07:36:48 pm »

i liked hpmor :<
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #116881 on: January 19, 2017, 07:47:17 pm »

HPMOR was fine. I said decent, not exceptional. The major issue everyone has with it is the fanbase, which is latched onto Yudkowsky's asshole like some kind of shitleech, just drinking in the ambiance.

I've noticed a lot of hate for Yudkowsky that's more properly pointed at the fanbase of drooling idiots who think HPMOR made them smarter. But that doesn't make HPMOR bad. Outside of Harry being kind of a Yuki Nagato, everybody was quite believable, even Voldemort. And Voldy fooled me several times through the series, which I definitely appreciate; I'm not easy to fool.

But my point was that Dumbledore was portrayed as a classic Romanticist, and wasn't a strawman. That's what made it not shit.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116882 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:28 pm »

Reports of multiple counts of attempted(?) vehicular homicide along with (unverified) reports of gunshots in the Melbourne CBD. Whoa.
Apparently it happened right outside the building where a friend of mine works.

Of course it'll no doubt be hours before there's much real, definite information to be gleaned from the news... apparently there's one fatality so far, twenty people injured and one person arrested- possibly the person at the wheel of the troublesome vehicle which was "driving erratically".   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116884 on: January 20, 2017, 12:43:31 am »

No gun fire, 3 dead and 20 injured. One driver not related to terrorism.

Then I wonder what the heck it's related to, because it certainly looks like similar incidents.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116885 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:39 am »

I almost put this in "How did you last die", but *I* was fine... didn't even lose.

I came across a guard, a man, and a woman.  The guard accused the woman of being a witch, and attacked the man.  The man killed the guard.
Without even looking at my vantage point on a parapet significantly above, the man thanked me for my aid, and insisted that they would have died if not for my help.  Halfway through his dialogue a rat swarm appeared.  Presumably for the dead guard, but the man and woman were closer.  They didn't move, though.

As soon as he was done talking, he (and the woman) started screaming, and were dead in 2 seconds.
I mean, he did tell me the code to some safe first, though.  Win!

Dishonored.
(It's usually a lot better than this)

Edit:  Technically though!  The rat swarm might have only appeared because I'm doing a "If I get caught, I defend myself instead of reloading" run.  Which means a few more dead guards than usual, which means more "chaos".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:17:22 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116886 on: January 20, 2017, 03:27:06 am »

BOOOO BOOOOO SUCH BOOOO!!!

Damn it Dove! Damn it soo much!

They made this quasi-inspirational commercial on youtube about everyday heroes showing scenes of just human kindness in effect. I thought it would be a charity commercial, a social media thing, or something else.

But no! This commercial which got me to care for just a moment was just to sell soap...

BOOO!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116887 on: January 20, 2017, 03:28:07 am »

They made this quasi-inspirational commercial on youtube about everyday heroes showing scenes of just human kindness in effect. I thought it would be a charity commercial, a social media thing, or something else.

But no! This commercial which got me to care for just a moment was just to sell soap...

BOOO!!!

Amazon does it all the time.

I personally quite like the one with the priest and the imam.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116888 on: January 20, 2017, 04:26:00 am »

No gun fire, 3 dead and 20 injured. One driver not related to terrorism.
Huh. Yeah apparently the gunfire was just the police shooting the driver.

It's... I don't think "funny" is the best word, but it's certainly something that all this has happened while the Australian Open's on just down the road, right after/during the whole consternation about the homeless problem in the city giving it a bad image. I wonder if and how this will affect the event in future, or even tourism in general.   

I hope all our Melbourne Bay12ers are okay.

Also, I just had a sleep deprivation-fuelled nap and I feel like crap.
Feels almost like I'm hungover or something, despite not having been drinking. Unless this is some sort of weird, 24-hour-delayed hangover?
I don't know, it could easily just be post-nap "bleugh", too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:27:53 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116889 on: January 20, 2017, 05:54:57 am »

Edit:  Technically though!  The rat swarm might have only appeared because I'm doing a "If I get caught, I defend myself instead of reloading" run.  Which means a few more dead guards than usual, which means more "chaos".

That's probably it, high chaos leads to more rats and weepers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116890 on: January 20, 2017, 06:19:40 am »

BOOO!!!
There's this brand of washing powder over here, that for the past year or two, has only been making a single commercial. It tells you about the dangers of small children ingesting household products, and shows someone grabbing their washing powder and putting it in a safe place just moments before a toddler would have grabbed it. It's brilliant. They only mention their product name at the end of the commercial, but that's pretty redundant. The commercial already bonds all caring moms to their product.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #116891 on: January 20, 2017, 06:35:03 am »

I think I saw a bot post in a couple of threads in GD. Huh.

It's only really weird because I haven't seen something like that around before.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116892 on: January 20, 2017, 06:38:01 am »

I'm ok with that, altough I'd also be ok with brutally honest commercials narrated by Billy Mays:

"SOAP
THIS IS SOAP, IT CLEANS YOUR CAR, YOUR HOUSE, YOUR DOG AND EVEN YOUR WIFE, THAT DIRTY WHORE
BUY THIS SOAP YOU OR I'LL BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH YOUR CHILDREN'S SEVERED LIMBS
SOAP"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116893 on: January 20, 2017, 06:41:05 am »

I think I saw a bot post in a couple of threads in GD. Huh.

It's only really weird because I haven't seen something like that around before.
That's because the great Toad is very efficient at removing them. It happens sometimes. I noticed that this one spammed enough times to be promoted to bay watcher :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #116894 on: January 20, 2017, 06:48:09 am »

It had 12 posts when I spotted and reported it. The funny thing is that it was close enough to on-topic that I had to check.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7791 7792 [7793] 7794 7795 ... 11040