Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7786 7787 [7788] 7789 7790 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461975 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116805 on: January 17, 2017, 07:22:23 pm »

Let the Portuguese make your wine and the Spanish make your sausage and you will have no desires in life for finer things

Nae haggis pal.

Let Italians make yer chips and Turks make yer kebabs, and yer made.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116806 on: January 17, 2017, 07:25:35 pm »

I favor either french champagne or Navarrese garnacha red wine if given the choice, although the latter is so specific because of a chauvinistic affectation about my great-grandfather's hometown. I haben't actually tried port but I assume its sweet and I dont like sweet stuff.

The best champagne I've ever tried... I dont actually recall. It was like four weeks ago, when I went to have lunch with a friend of mine. I dont recall the name of the bottle, I was too drunk, but it was like 60€ or so.

I have fond memories of a bottle of champagne I 'procured' from my boss', although in that regard it was also because a 'procured' bottle tastes sweeter. He couldn't really complain either as he was throwing all those bottles away without even looking what they were
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116807 on: January 17, 2017, 07:37:11 pm »

Nae haggis pal.

Let Italians make yer chips and Turks make yer kebabs, and yer made.
Let the English make your chips and Londonistaners make your kebabs and you'll never have taste for anything ever again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116808 on: January 17, 2017, 07:42:10 pm »

Chorizo is spicy and delicious and that is the only thing that matters so there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116809 on: January 17, 2017, 08:30:54 pm »

So there's been this new law that forbid selling beer in container 2 liters and larger in size, as a part of the ongoing campaign for increased sobriety and high moral wellbeing of Russian citizens. Guess what, the producers have added a little bit of honey to the beer solution and are now legally selling it as "mead", in the same-sized containers.

So much for that!
What a horrible law!
...Now I'm wondering how large a container of beer it's possible to buy here. I know you can buy huge 2L bottles of spirits, but I don't think we have a beer equivalent, sadly. The usual 750mL "longnecks" are still pretty nice, but it's just not good enough. :(
I'm glad the forces of good managed to triumph in this particular case, though. *salute*

I thought taps would turn out to be tapas or something, but no, they literally sell beer at a drive-thru.  You can't actually open or drink it until you're home, but they sell growlers.  At a drive-thru.
Drive-through liquor stores always seem kinda... counter-intuitive to me.
Such a bizarre idea. That place still sounds pretty cool, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116810 on: January 17, 2017, 08:35:42 pm »

Isn't beer below 3.5% ABV not considered alcohol in Russia? I've heard that a few times.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116811 on: January 17, 2017, 09:04:49 pm »

So there's been this new law that forbid selling beer in container 2 liters and larger in size, as a part of the ongoing campaign for increased sobriety and high moral wellbeing of Russian citizens. Guess what, the producers have added a little bit of honey to the beer solution and are now legally selling it as "mead", in the same-sized containers.

So much for that!
What a horrible law!
...Now I'm wondering how large a container of beer it's possible to buy here. I know you can buy huge 2L bottles of spirits, but I don't think we have a beer equivalent, sadly. The usual 750mL "longnecks" are still pretty nice, but it's just not good enough. :(
I'm glad the forces of good managed to triumph in this particular case, though. *salute*
Is there anything stopping consumers, money aside, from just buying multiple smaller bottles?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116812 on: January 17, 2017, 09:24:16 pm »

I just had a thought. Whenever a saying is attributed to "anonymous", isn't it likely that the person using the quote just wrote it themselves, then attributed it to "anonymous" to make it seem like they're sharing some real wisdom instead of just some crap they wrote? For most phrases that are notable enough to become well-known sayings, they usually keep track of who said it as well.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116813 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:38 pm »

I just had a thought. Whenever a saying is attributed to "anonymous", isn't it likely that the person using the quote just wrote it themselves, then attributed it to "anonymous" to make it seem like they're sharing some real wisdom instead of just some crap they wrote? For most phrases that are notable enough to become well-known sayings, they usually keep track of who said it as well.

Why be so unambitious, though?  If you're just going to flat out make up some quote, why not have it by by Voltaire or someone?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116814 on: January 17, 2017, 09:36:24 pm »

"Listen to muldrake. That guy, he's real smart." - Babe Ruth

Really though, they probably think if it's anonymous then it can't be fact checked. Also, you can attribute any sort of quotes to anonymous.

"Itisnotlogical is really smart and strong and handsome and has a huge weiner." - Anonymous
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:38:27 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116815 on: January 17, 2017, 09:48:26 pm »

"Dunamisdeos is actually Santa Claus, and he says you should invest in mud. You can trust Santa." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

For reals though people do that all the time. They put up famous names and everything. So y'kno, good thinking. Good to see other people who think before they trust :3
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116816 on: January 17, 2017, 11:54:04 pm »

Nazi required (grammar)

The word timely: can it be used as an adverb?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116817 on: January 17, 2017, 11:59:04 pm »

So much for that!
What a horrible law!
Is there anything stopping consumers, money aside, from just buying multiple smaller bottles?
No, as long as you do it before 11 PM or after 8 AM. Night-time sales of any sort of alcohol is forbidden, to decrease the number of drunken people ravaging the countryside at night.
._.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116818 on: January 18, 2017, 12:18:43 am »

This well presented case against sugar consumption gives me a WTF with its implications.
I am forced to wonder if this is just the next dietary fad or not, but it seems credible to me. Maybe, finally, a way out of the obesity spiral even.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116819 on: January 18, 2017, 12:22:48 am »

TFW you realize you have 42 tabs in two instances of Chrome running on your laptop
I have 73 tabs on my phone.  I win?

But seriously, Russia, that's... Probably not gonna help you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7786 7787 [7788] 7789 7790 ... 11040