Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7785 7786 [7787] 7788 7789 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463259 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116790 on: January 17, 2017, 10:47:05 am »

Local pizza-brewery apparently bought the cursed drive-thru next door, put a giant luchador on the sign, and now sell "tacos and taps".

I thought taps would turn out to be tapas or something, but no, they literally sell beer at a drive-thru.  You can't actually open or drink it until you're home, but they sell growlers.  At a drive-thru.

It's their unique quality brews, too!  I'm just surprised.  The place also has a *movie theater* and some arcade games.  It's an odd business, but a successful one.  Can it break the curse on this particular drive-thru?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116791 on: January 17, 2017, 05:56:41 pm »

Windows+R, cmd, shutdown -r. Windows has a surprising number of linux-like features, but I don't blame you for not knowing they're there. :P

i'm aware they exist, but they're still different from what i'm used to and it's late so i have to put in more effort to bypass muscle memory

It's possible to make a desktop shortcut to do it.

Local pizza-brewery

Took me a second of thinking about it to realize they did not actually brew pizzas.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116792 on: January 17, 2017, 06:02:59 pm »

TBF, it tasted like a good beer.  They have pesto-cheese sauce, and all sorts of weird meats.
I went there yesterday with some friends who were about to head home.  Good times.

Okay actually this one friend (former DM!!) didn't know what chorizo is!
Or pesto sauce!!
Or fucking parmesan, straight up, didn't know what parmesan is
WTF
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116793 on: January 17, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »

It's pretty weird to see someone talking about things going on in the very same city that I live in. In fact, I had nearly the same thought process about that place.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116794 on: January 17, 2017, 06:09:00 pm »

*raises hand*

I donno what a chorizo is. (EDIT: google tells me it's just another name for sausage.)
Though I do know what pesto and parm is.  Parm is one of the best things to put on everything.  Everything can be improved with a little parm.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:11:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116795 on: January 17, 2017, 06:19:42 pm »

Is a particular type of spiced sausage I believe.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116796 on: January 17, 2017, 06:24:21 pm »

Is a particular type of spiced sausage I believe.

You know... I always assumed Sausages were spices :P

But I am thinking of Hotdogs because they are typically unspiced... and are a different type of sausage.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116797 on: January 17, 2017, 06:25:30 pm »

Yeah I ranked those in a specific order by astonishment.  Chorizo is pretty obscure (if you've never hit a taco truck (which you SHOULD (Former-Urban perspective)))

Recently I was happy to find out that I can right-click on a Youtube ad and "get link to video" and it would give me a link to that ad, complete with comments and an opportunity to vote.

Yeah well, that's not happening now.
And this ad has Don Draper's actor.
And Mad Men started being good in season 3, somehow.  (season 1-2 are shit, honestly I think they could safely be skipped??  There's significant backstory but if you pay attention, you'll get the gist)
(Really.  Season 1 is bull.  shit.  I don't know why I kept watching this)

Oh, right.  Yeah I can't get a link to this ad.
Don Draper is pretty sexy.
...  I shouldn't say more.

Also Egan, nice!  *highfive*

/drunk, obviously

Edit:  At Christmas, my dad and I watched an amazing episode of Black Mirror with Don Draper's actor.
It had one of my very favorite sci-fi concepts, but I probably shouldn't explain what.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3973198/
Season 2 Ep 4
Seems a lot like Twilight Zone, in the best way.  Original.
The special of Marco Polo we saw was pretty amazing too, honestly.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:35:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116798 on: January 17, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »

Chorizo is pretty common here, imported from Spain

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116799 on: January 17, 2017, 06:49:07 pm »

All 3 of my local supermarkets carry chorizo. One of em' makes it on site.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116800 on: January 17, 2017, 06:56:50 pm »

I donno what a chorizo is. (EDIT: google tells me it's just another name for sausage.)
It's a stupid spanish mispelling (which was then stolen wholesale by english, as usual) of chouriço, a portuguese spiced pork sausage.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116801 on: January 17, 2017, 06:57:42 pm »

In Spain chorizo is a particular type of dry sausage
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116802 on: January 17, 2017, 07:04:44 pm »

My understanding is very limited.  It's "spicy pork, sliced finely, with a lot of spice".  With spice on top, also spicy.

Though I do know what pesto and parm is.  Parm is one of the best things to put on everything.  Everything can be improved with a little parm.
Gods above and below, they really are.  I'd rate pesto higher.  But cheese is also good on everything- it's close.
It's a stupid spanish mispelling (which was then stolen wholesale by english, as usual) of chouriço, a portuguese spiced pork sausage.
Really!!
So this Portuguese miracle was passed to Mexico (or maybe spain), and from there become a common dish in... delightfully low... urban meals.

Gods all around~ I need a good chorizo about now.  I'm mostly pisco-vegetarian, but occasionally I love a bit of pig. Eheh, so peckish, someday

edit: gods damn I'll visit this new place all my my self, at least while I can~
It'll probably be gone soon.  Cursed
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:07:09 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116803 on: January 17, 2017, 07:07:01 pm »

Dont listen to him. Portuguese couldn't make a decent chorizo if their life depended on it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116804 on: January 17, 2017, 07:08:32 pm »

Let the Portuguese make your wine and the Spanish make your sausage and you will have no desires in life for finer things
Pages: 1 ... 7785 7786 [7787] 7788 7789 ... 11040