Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7779 7780 [7781] 7782 7783 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466474 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116700 on: January 15, 2017, 07:57:06 am »

@Caroline: I think I know exactly how you feel, dealing with my parents. Especially now, after they had a big religious discussion involving bashing Jehova's Witnesses, either bashing or praising the Catholic Church(I can't tell). Hell, I still can't tell if the denomination of their church is Catholic or not, given how they describe it(it's called "Grace Lutheran", so, no?).

I farted. My cat jumped off my lap and started throwing up. C'mon cat, it surely wasn't that bad of a fart, I didn't even eat beans.

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my ass off at that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116701 on: January 15, 2017, 08:02:58 am »

I think Lutheran makes it by definition not Catholic, since Luther was the reformist that originated the whole Protestant thing. Unless I've gone and mangled my church history again, of course, which is always an option.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116702 on: January 15, 2017, 08:25:47 am »

No, I'm pretty sure you didn't mangle your church history. They might have, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116703 on: January 15, 2017, 10:48:44 am »

I wouldn't recommend trying to become a cult leader.
Hey, it worked for L Ron Hubbard.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116704 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:47 pm »

Admittedly, it did work for Jesus. Up until the crucifying part anyway

And Mohammed. Never stopped working for him either. What killed him again? I hear ascended to heaven sometimes.

Oh and there was also that guy that started the whole Mormon thing. Still very popular around here.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116705 on: January 15, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »

Man Mormons... Everytime I hear about them my eyes just go wide

Because my first exposure to them wasn't to an analysis of their religion or with any of their stereotypes of how they are "Nicey nice, perfect families nicey nice"

But the history of Mormonism... and WOW! is that a, really... well... yeah quite the history.

So hearing their "Nicey nice nice nice" stereotype alongside that history is just so stark I can't get over it.

I'd say it is like comparing Catholics to the Crusades... but Catholics don't have a good reputation right now :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:46:38 pm by Neonivek »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116706 on: January 15, 2017, 03:58:40 pm »

Religion is a magical thing.

Its got so much power.  It is literally the art of giving meaning to a man's life.  And men will kill for that feeling.

I never, and will never, get why people can look down their noses at that power.  Its against things like conformity, but its been stated several times that even in our modern times there are devices which act like a religion in  their function.

Such as radical progressivism.  Or radical right :roll: if you really want me to state the obvious.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #116707 on: January 15, 2017, 04:23:52 pm »

I farted. My cat jumped off my lap and started throwing up. C'mon cat, it surely wasn't that bad of a fart, I didn't even eat beans.
You've found the resonant frequency of your cat's stomach.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #116708 on: January 15, 2017, 04:56:04 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:57:24 pm by alway »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116709 on: January 15, 2017, 05:02:39 pm »

For the record, I think Caroline doesn't like to be quoted, so could you snip the content please?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116710 on: January 15, 2017, 05:02:43 pm »

Ok I've been in Suggestion boards a long time.

Why OHHH WHY are there a lot of people who will suggest things that are either
1) Make my game instead
or
2) Yes this suggestion is clearly unrealistic, but I am going to suggest it anyway.

Not to mention
3) I am ignoring what this game is... I want it to be like other games instead, so just lift that game's idea without any knowledge of how this or that game works.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116711 on: January 15, 2017, 05:31:15 pm »

Toady doesn't have to take all the suggestions on board :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116712 on: January 15, 2017, 05:33:11 pm »

My stepdad was just in a car accident. No idea on condition or anything, I only heard seconds ago.

EDIT: I'm being told that my stepdad was not injured enough to require hospitalization, but he did go anyway. His truck was nearly ripped in half by the impact. One of our dogs jumped into my mom's jeep is refusing to leave though. She wouldn't even listen to me, even when I offered her a treat, and I'm the favorite.

EDIT2: As it turned out, that dog was in the truck when it was hit, so of course she's going to act like that. That would have been good to know beforehand.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:13:34 pm by Akura »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116713 on: January 15, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »

The dog will probably want to be left alone for a while. You could try to comfort her.

Hopefully your stepdad will be okay.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116714 on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »

Unrelated, but I did just discover a tray of carrots and celery I purchased today and intended to portion off as snacks for the week was removed by my idiot step-uncle to be used in a pot roast that is not likely to be cooked tonight or eaten in its entirety. I am incredibly pissed off, not in the least because it's not the first time something like this has happened.
Pages: 1 ... 7779 7780 [7781] 7782 7783 ... 11037