Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7778 7779 [7780] 7781 7782 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467780 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116685 on: January 14, 2017, 11:52:29 pm »

USA thread locked.
Again?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116686 on: January 14, 2017, 11:57:54 pm »

USA thread locked.
Again?

Shit got too real with folk, bad words were said.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116687 on: January 14, 2017, 11:59:24 pm »

*hugs Caroline*

I'm pretty sure it's them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116688 on: January 14, 2017, 11:59:46 pm »

Things did get momentarily heated, but immediately calmed down and moved on after I told someone to chill out.

USA thread locked.
Again?

Shit got too real with folk, bad words were said.

It did immediately calm down and move on though.....

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116689 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:09 am »

I think it got locked because it heated up, though, however briefly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116690 on: January 15, 2017, 01:17:32 am »

So our backdoor neighbor (or... left neighbor I don't remember)

apparently broke our fence and in fixing it moved it back into our yard so that he has more room.

However... we can't actually do anything about it.

The only legal recourse is to hire a surveyor who are sooooooo expensive that hiring one would be mostly out of spite. At least that is what I am being told...

I have a feeling there is a way one could say "Well if you want to move the posts further, YOU have to hire the surveyor" but I don't know legalities.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116691 on: January 15, 2017, 01:19:37 am »

Ummm....aren't there property markers?

Because I'm pretty sure there should be property markers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116692 on: January 15, 2017, 01:52:01 am »

Not necessarily, no. Or at least they aren't always obvious.

You can move the fence back to the proper location and inform him that if he has a problem with the original location then he can take it to court or hire a surveyor.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116693 on: January 15, 2017, 01:53:00 am »

Indeed.
Sigtext

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116694 on: January 15, 2017, 01:58:36 am »

Huh.  We just had our fence replaced.  We actually moved the fence in about a half foot because it was right on the property line and didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of the inspector coming and finding it like an inch over or something.  Wasn't a big enough deal.

While it sounds like a dick move, unless they moved it in a good few feet or something it doesn't sound like a big enough deal to hire a surveyor for.  I just wouldn't do that neighbor any favors in the future.

EDIT: To the moving it back bit, yea you probably could.  But the neighbor should not have used accidentally breaking your fence as an excuse to cut your property like that.  And it's not like moving a fence even a short distance is an easy task.  When it's broken new post holes probably need dug anyway, so it's not any harder than you were already doing.  But digging new post holes just to move the damn thing...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:04:01 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116695 on: January 15, 2017, 04:19:05 am »

Caroline: sounds like cult behaviour. All that's missing is an "authority" that tells the others what's "true" and organizes it into a true cult.

Be brave, be yourself (though don't be afraid to lie about yourself, as long as you keep yourself and the lies separate), try not to get too emotionally invested in the arguments, and don't think for a moment that constant self-contradiction is healthy behaviour.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116696 on: January 15, 2017, 04:49:14 am »

Caroline: sounds like cult behaviour. All that's missing is an "authority" that tells the others what's "true" and organizes it into a true cult.

Be brave, be yourself (though don't be afraid to lie about yourself, as long as you keep yourself and the lies separate), try not to get too emotionally invested in the arguments, and don't think for a moment that constant self-contradiction is healthy behaviour.
Alternatively: like a tribe you don't recognize.

But actually I think the most reasonable explanation is that you've found your way into a Stoned Philosopher, and that they have indeed been able to logically apply the principles of quantum mechanics to the very concept of logic, such that they are able to skip up to three meta-levels of rational processes in order to make connections with the immanthesis of aethyr and teach you how to live
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116697 on: January 15, 2017, 06:06:11 am »

Caroline: he's right. The time to strike is now, while the iron is hot. Put forward your opinions, strongly and firmly, and explain to other people why their opinions are the same as yours. Don't be overly dominant, but try to establish a conversational meta where the test of whether a proposition coheres with the group consensus is whether or not you say so. This will establish you in a position of power within the group while preventing direct challenges to your authority rather than the group as a whole.

Once you are sufficiently confirmedd as the one in charge of the truth, begin to exert your power in other ways, testing people in manners that strengthen their attachments to you. Divide your supporters, but keep them loyal to the person at the top, deepen your control before expanding your power base, and with a bit of luck you'll be in command of your own religion, political gestalt, or social group. You're pretty much free to do what you like after this, but I'd say that financial benefits and influence with local authorities would be top priorities.

So a mantis shrimp has a 50 mph punch, at 1500 N. Slightly faster and harder than the world's best martial artists.

Ofc, a human punching well uses continued force through the impact by pushing against the ground, so it's not just about speed. But still, pretty scary.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:11:57 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116698 on: January 15, 2017, 07:16:08 am »

I wouldn't recommend trying to become a cult leader.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116699 on: January 15, 2017, 07:17:04 am »

I farted. My cat jumped off my lap and started throwing up. C'mon cat, it surely wasn't that bad of a fart, I didn't even eat beans.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7778 7779 [7780] 7781 7782 ... 11037