Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7777 7778 [7779] 7780 7781 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468612 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116670 on: January 13, 2017, 04:44:11 pm »

Does anyone remember like... 20 years ago when the weather report was sometimes wrong?

It is so weird thinking back... today if the report says it will rain, it will probably rain... if it says it won't... it probably won't.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116671 on: January 13, 2017, 04:54:51 pm »

This ones better if you haven't seen it (Creepy Korean webcomic):
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
It's vaguely like jump scares.  But it slows the blow, perfectly, making it exactly what the character describes- a horror you don't start, shout, or *jump* at.  Watching rather than screaming.
Horrified.
The adrenaline pumps, but it's not so cheap as most jump-scares.  You get a warning.

I only got three in.  I didn't need to read farther.

Korean manga is best manga.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116672 on: January 13, 2017, 06:23:32 pm »

Does anyone remember like... 20 years ago when the weather report was sometimes wrong?

It is so weird thinking back... today if the report says it will rain, it will probably rain... if it says it won't... it probably won't.

Where do you live that has such competent meteorologists? Because the ones around here are complete morons.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116673 on: January 13, 2017, 06:29:14 pm »

Oh yeah, Neo buddy, sorry.  That's complete nonsense.
Meteorologists are still inaccurate, but not nearly as much as they used to be.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116674 on: January 13, 2017, 06:29:52 pm »

Yeah I guess it just improved drastically where I live xD

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116675 on: January 13, 2017, 06:34:02 pm »

I think the trick is that they just started using percentages.  10% chance of rain!  Oh it rained for you?  I warned ya.

Can't really say they are wrong when they use odds like that.   I think the only time I saw a 100% chance of rain on a weather report was when hurricane Matthew was 10 miles off the coast.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #116676 on: January 13, 2017, 07:57:56 pm »

I remember when Hurricane Sandy hit and everyone in Boston (mostly metaphorically) boarded up their windows and hid in their basements.  Meanwhile outside it lightly sprinkled.

Course Sandy was a big storm, just... not in Boston.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116677 on: January 13, 2017, 08:33:40 pm »

This ones better if you haven't seen it (Creepy Korean webcomic):
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
It's vaguely like jump scares.  But it slows the blow, perfectly, making it exactly what the character describes- a horror you don't start, shout, or *jump* at.  Watching rather than screaming.
Horrified.
The adrenaline pumps, but it's not so cheap as most jump-scares.  You get a warning.

I only got three in.  I didn't need to read farther.

Korean manga is best manga.

You should read the whole thing, it's worth it. Zoom in a little though, and have the sound on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116678 on: January 13, 2017, 10:17:25 pm »

its bulloney that it takes 3hours to stitch up a filtered audio clip to a video with uncleaned audio

is there a way to do this audio cleaning without having to make and merge a seperate audio file?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116679 on: January 13, 2017, 11:09:56 pm »

I think the trick is that they just started using percentages.  10% chance of rain!  Oh it rained for you?  I warned ya.

Can't really say they are wrong when they use odds like that.   I think the only time I saw a 100% chance of rain on a weather report was when hurricane Matthew was 10 miles off the coast.
We get 100% here all the time. Problem with that is that we're on a peninsula, so that 100% is a 65% at best, while a 10% is closer to 50%.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116680 on: January 13, 2017, 11:14:12 pm »

We get 100% here all the time. Problem with that is that we're on a peninsula, so that 100% is a 65% at best, while a 10% is closer to 50%.
that's what we get for living in the area with the most unpredictable weather on the planet. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116681 on: January 13, 2017, 11:23:47 pm »

that's what we get for living in the area with the most unpredictable weather on the planet. :P
If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. It'll change.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116682 on: January 13, 2017, 11:58:30 pm »

My father is violent. I just had to break up a fight between my father and mother.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116683 on: January 14, 2017, 03:51:17 am »

That isn't something you should be posting on the Internet about, it's something you should be calling for backup about.

That said:It is terrifying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116684 on: January 14, 2017, 11:30:31 pm »

Anyone watching AGDQ right now?

What happened to the killjoy who told people to jump in front of a bus? Did he leave voluntarily or was he asked to go?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7777 7778 [7779] 7780 7781 ... 11037