Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7773 7774 [7775] 7776 7777 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471286 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116610 on: January 12, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »

For some reason part of one of my dreams last night was, like, discussing my heritage with my family, and in it I found out I was part Polish and part some other country with a strong cavalry tradition, and becoming excited to tell Kot about it. I also distinctly remember saying "I'm a Hussar!"
I am proud of you. Godspeed. ;_;7

In reality I'm mostly German with some Welsh, English, and Dutch. Last name is definitely Dutch.
Still proud. Also, Germany also had a strong cavalry tradition, albeit later on. France too, albeit to a lesser degree. Pre-WW2 there was a lot of friendly rivarly between Germans and Poles when it came to horseback riding, to the point that war destroyed quite a few friendships and such. Also, my last name is anything but Polish. I think it also traces somewhere to Netherlands, but changed along it's way to resemble German and now Polish. It's K though, since I have a portion of Polish noble blood in me.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116611 on: January 12, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »

So apparently the largest bank in Russia, Sberbank, is firing sending thousands of employees to a re-education program and/or firing them this year because they automated writing and registration of lawsuits via a robot lawyer.

AI, in Russia? It's more possible than you think.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116612 on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:37 pm »

This reminds me that I found a description and picture of my great great great something grandfather on a hungarian fencing blog thing, because he was a fencing master in the italian army :U

Also, one of his students looked specially badass.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #116613 on: January 12, 2017, 01:54:42 pm »

So apparently the largest bank in Russia, Sberbank, is firing sending thousands of employees to a re-education program and/or firing them this year because they automated writing and registration of lawsuits via a robot lawyer.

I understand that what we have here is just an AI that does boring paperwork and does not actually represent anyone in court, but the words robot lawyer near to [major] bank sound... sinister, to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:56:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116614 on: January 12, 2017, 02:08:02 pm »

I understand that what we have here is just an AI that does boring paperwork and does not actually represent anyone in court, but the words robot lawyer near to [major] bank sound... sinister, to say the least.
"You've violated a paragraph 3 item 2 clause 7 subclause 13 of the agreement you've had with us. You have 20 seconds to comply."
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116615 on: January 12, 2017, 02:35:53 pm »

Man, I wish Kafka would have been alive to see this
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #116616 on: January 12, 2017, 02:39:38 pm »

I got this ad on TVTropes. Why this ad brings to me some weird, creepy, downright terrifying vibes? I don't know, but I find this ad creepy.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116617 on: January 12, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »

All I can think of is 'hey let's document how big the internet is.'

I'm not really too paranoid about being spied on. Not because I have nothing to hide, but mainly because I'm an unimportant person :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116618 on: January 12, 2017, 02:46:25 pm »

All the more reason to be worried :P if you're being spied on as an unimportant person, then shit's gone bad. Real bad :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116619 on: January 12, 2017, 02:49:15 pm »

The "NIC" part is actually soothing to me.  In Uplink, "InterNIC" is a very useful IP database...  with very poor security.  I always route my connections through it, first, because it's so easy to pop in and wipe the records.  It's my "home slightly away from home", heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116620 on: January 12, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »

I mean, to be honest even in 1984, only the important people were spied on. I'm like. Totally unimportant.

The "NIC" part is actually soothing to me.  In Uplink, "InterNIC" is a very useful IP database...  with very poor security.  I always route my connections through it, first, because it's so easy to pop in and wipe the records.  It's my "home slightly away from home", heh.

Wasn't that made by Introversion/Prison Architect guys. I swear I've heard of it before.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116621 on: January 12, 2017, 02:52:48 pm »

I mean, to be honest even in 1984, only the important people were spied on. I'm like. Totally unimportant.

Wasn't that made by Introversion/Prison Architect guys. I swear I've heard of it before.

It was.

There was a mod for it called Onlink that added more, done by the original devs, not sure how that's going though.

Edit: not been updated since 2015, talk of a new thing, no information on it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:55:31 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116622 on: January 12, 2017, 08:00:13 pm »

._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116623 on: January 12, 2017, 08:01:22 pm »

Is that a Chick Tract?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116624 on: January 12, 2017, 08:04:27 pm »

No, it's some flier from 1950s, in USA. It's interesting that the word "zombies" was already in use even back then.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 7773 7774 [7775] 7776 7777 ... 11037