Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7762 7763 [7764] 7765 7766 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479003 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116445 on: January 08, 2017, 10:45:04 am »

Fricken...  The indoor thermostat thermometer is pegged at the bottom, 40F.  It might actually be freezing in here, though probably not because my water jug doesn't have any frost (tastes nice and frosty though).
I know it's a lot colder other places, and this is definitely the life I chose, but...  Oh, I see, it's 12F outside.  An hour before noon.

They did warn that a winter storm was coming through.  I'm not complaining.  Just... Brrrr! :D
Power hasn't gone out, either.  Turns out the mountains know how to prepare for ice...  And actual snow isn't as bad as Raleigh's sleeting rain and such.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116446 on: January 08, 2017, 11:57:51 am »

It actually hit 35 degrees American last night.  And it's supposed to be something like 40 during the day today.  It's clearly the end times. 

The weather has failed to hold up it's side of the bargain in the deal where it trades us nice warm winters for surface of the sun summers and spinning windstorms.

In all seriousness y'all be safe up in snow country.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116447 on: January 08, 2017, 12:01:12 pm »

In meantime in Poland we barely get any snow. Fucking sucks. I want more snow.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116448 on: January 08, 2017, 12:16:59 pm »

Meanwhile, in the southern hemisphere, I am enjoying the wondrous feeling of three months above 40C (and more often than not near the 50C mark). That's a season of temperatures between 104F and 122F for you eaglemen out there.

I'd like to buy this mythic "snow" you speak of.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116449 on: January 08, 2017, 12:34:11 pm »

Well, when you go into your ice box, you can grab a crystallized hydrogen cube.  Then you crush it up in a bowl.  then sprinkle it onto your face.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116450 on: January 08, 2017, 12:54:15 pm »

Meanwhile, in the southern hemisphere, I am enjoying the wondrous feeling of three months above 40C (and more often than not near the 50C mark). That's a season of temperatures between 104F and 122F for you eaglemen out there.

I'd like to buy this mythic "snow" you speak of.

You have mountains*, get your own snow :P

Can't be sacrificing our own supply for all you foreigners**, are our jobs and women and [insert something ridiculous here] not enough!?

*probably, Brazil's a big country :))

Fakeedit:** just realized I'm actually one of those foreigners, don't let people know.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116451 on: January 08, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »

You have mountains*

Except not. No mountains. Got some tall cliffs, but no real mountains. Sure, every now and then you get some reporter or whatnot going on and on about mountains, but it's fecal matter on their part.

Could import it from Argentina, but no one is going to give them the satisfaction.

Though there is snow during midwinter in the higher parts of the southern states. Too bad it is not midwinter.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116452 on: January 08, 2017, 02:50:06 pm »

Fricken...  The indoor thermostat thermometer is pegged at the bottom, 40F.  It might actually be freezing in here, though probably not because my water jug doesn't have any frost (tastes nice and frosty though).
I know it's a lot colder other places, and this is definitely the life I chose, but...  Oh, I see, it's 12F outside.  An hour before noon.

Hopefully your pipes don't freeze and burst and make a real mess. Had that happen to someone I know just recently. In TEXAS, of all places.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #116453 on: January 08, 2017, 02:56:32 pm »

You have mountains*

Except not. No mountains. Got some tall cliffs, but no real mountains. Sure, every now and then you get some reporter or whatnot going on and on about mountains, but it's fecal matter on their part.

Could import it from Argentina, but no one is going to give them the satisfaction.

Though there is snow during midwinter in the higher parts of the southern states. Too bad it is not midwinter.
Import mountains from Argentina?

Or snow?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116454 on: January 08, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »

Or snow?
Like I said, not giving them the satisfaction of having that happen. The bastards. I hope people see that I am joking with the jabs at Argentina.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116455 on: January 08, 2017, 03:37:37 pm »

Anyone ever wanted to delete SOME of their youtube history just so the suggestions are better?

It is like "Ok YouTube, I just watched one of that guy's videos... calm the freeken down!"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116456 on: January 08, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »

My YouTube history doesn't seem to reliably record what I've watched. SOME things I watch show up there. Most don't. I don't really know why.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116457 on: January 08, 2017, 04:12:28 pm »

there actually is a button for that

it's so small and well-hidden tho, if you accidentally click the title trying to hit not interested, it just fucks you over worse than if you ignored it entirely

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116458 on: January 08, 2017, 04:18:10 pm »

Power hasn't gone out, either.  Turns out the mountains know how to prepare for ice...  And actual snow isn't as bad as Raleigh's sleeting rain and such.
Some people are having fun with the layer of ice that covered the entire city, at least.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116459 on: January 08, 2017, 04:57:22 pm »

Or snow?
Like I said, not giving them the satisfaction of having that happen. The bastards. I hope people see that I am joking with the jabs at Argentina.
Maybe you could steal without them noticing?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 7762 7763 [7764] 7765 7766 ... 11037