Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7750 7751 [7752] 7753 7754 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14484062 times)

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116265 on: January 03, 2017, 04:34:48 pm »

it okay. Their forum is fake. We can just ignore them.
lmao good one

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116266 on: January 03, 2017, 04:36:53 pm »

i just discovered that theres a group of conspiracy theorists that thinks everthing is fake:
That rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep. I found someone claiming that momentum doesn't exist. Poe or real, I have no idea.
real
the creator(simonshack) of that website(webshite) even made an hilarious "documentary"(nothe the air quotes) called september clues
google it

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116267 on: January 03, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »

i just discovered that theres a group of conspiracy theorists that thinks everthing is fake:
That rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep. I found someone claiming that momentum doesn't exist. Poe or real, I have no idea.
I think I'll just leave this here.
holy shit you win
*trowns money*

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116268 on: January 03, 2017, 04:39:53 pm »

I just run uBlock and I can still go on *.wikia.com sites just fine.

It makes me sad that the Elder Scrolls wikia is the top result for most TES searches, while UESP is a few results down.

UESP hurts to read.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116269 on: January 03, 2017, 04:40:00 pm »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116270 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:17 pm »

I just run uBlock and I can still go on *.wikia.com sites just fine.

It makes me sad that the Elder Scrolls wikia is the top result for most TES searches, while UESP is a few results down.

UESP hurts to read.
you wot m8
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #116271 on: January 03, 2017, 05:57:31 pm »

Age Of Empires II, one of the classics of the RTS genre, even though Empire Earth is better.
How so? With or without the expansion?

With the expansion. The last age with spaceships is pretty pointless, but the addition of civ-powers adds so much.

It might be better in multiplayer, but in regards to singleplayer campaign and matches against the AI, I would say that AoEII wins by a very large margin.
I almost never play the campaign in RTS games unless it has a really good story (basically, the only RTS campaigns I've bothered with are the *craft games), so the only thing I really care about is how good multiplayer (which I very rarely play against randoms, just LAN games against friends or if I decide to set up a specific group online) and the AI random map is. Empire Earth I (and to a lesser extent Empire Earth II, which is quite nice in and of itself unlike the abomination that was III) is just flat-out better at that. Since the first Empire Earth game is essentially nothing more than Age of Empires II but massively expanded, I don't see how this is surprising.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116272 on: January 03, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »

you wot m8

it's not a serious black mark or anything but sometimes uesp randomly loads pages in the mobile view for some reason

still better than wikia

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116273 on: January 03, 2017, 06:24:29 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #116274 on: January 03, 2017, 06:52:11 pm »

... today, I have watched the making of cornbread that involved no corn. No cornmeal. Somethin' else of a similar nature, though I've already forgotten what and am too lazy to get up and go check exactly what it was, but not cornmeal.

Like. I've been around the stuff all my life, but never really liked the taste and didn't get acclimated to it when I was younger 'cause I really didn't like corn, so I never bothered to actually learn how it's made or what can go into it. And now I learn it's basically just fried somewhat coarse(r) flour with a bit of salt. Most of the time checking what goes into your food is a mistake (if you like it, eat it and stop wondering what's in it. Things will turn out better that way), but this time it's just mild confusion and curiosity as to what exactly it is about fried bread of that particular sort that throws off the taste for me.

Not really enough to start cooking the stuff and playing around with the recipe, 'cause I mostly avoid fried foods in general these days, but... still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116275 on: January 03, 2017, 06:56:36 pm »

I personally find cornbread offputting unless paired with something else, because it's far too dry and bland to be enjoyable. Same problem with grilled chicken.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116276 on: January 03, 2017, 07:12:19 pm »

Most of the time checking what goes into your food is a mistake (if you like it, eat it and stop wondering what's in it. Things will turn out better that way)

I really, strongly, disagree with this, but then, of course I would, I mean, I want to keep breathing, after all.  ::)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #116277 on: January 03, 2017, 07:48:51 pm »

snip

There's a lot of variation in cornbread. The more north you go, the more likely you are to see finer corn flour and sugar in the recipe. It can also be flavored with buttermilk, or taste predominantly buttery.

I've never seen fried cornbread though. I'm pretty sure that's unusual (outside of state fairs and whatnot). It's often baked in a cast iron skillet - maybe that's what you're thinking of?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:50:29 pm by penguinofhonor »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116278 on: January 03, 2017, 07:56:16 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116279 on: January 03, 2017, 08:07:33 pm »

O_O

uhhhhhh...
Pages: 1 ... 7750 7751 [7752] 7753 7754 ... 11037