Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7749 7750 [7751] 7752 7753 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14484157 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116250 on: January 03, 2017, 02:40:51 pm »

Meh. I dunno. I think the crossover of people who try to play every game like CoD and people who just play CoD on the side is more exagerrated than anything. I think many stories are just exagerrated because of the hate boner on CoD, so therefore any story where the person who plays CoD is on the evil side gets the most likes/upvotes/retweets/reblogs/updoges and all that.

but yeah. i do like the storylines if you just take them as action movies from like. the nineties.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116251 on: January 03, 2017, 02:54:11 pm »

i just discovered that theres a group of conspiracy theorists that thinks everthing is fake:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewforum.php?f=23
wut
0_o

Oh my god this is the best forum next to bay12.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116252 on: January 03, 2017, 02:56:50 pm »

it okay. Their forum is fake. We can just ignore them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #116253 on: January 03, 2017, 02:59:47 pm »

Well, I actually kinda liked CoD when I was a kid. I got turned off from the franchise completely, thanks to MW3. And no, it's not because I'm butthurt Russian nationalist which screams "Russophobic!" when you need to kill Russians in the games. It's because MW3 simply sucked and the story itself was pretty bad even for cheesy 80s-90s action movies. It was very mediocre for me. Even as a boy.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116254 on: January 03, 2017, 03:01:18 pm »

Well, I actually kinda liked CoD when I was a kid. I got turned off from the franchise completely, thanks to MW3. And no, it's not because I'm butthurt Russian nationalist which screams "Russophobic!" when you need to kill Russians in the games. It's because MW3 simply sucked and the story itself was pretty bad even for cheesy 80s-90s action movies. It was very mediocre for me. Even as a boy.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't a masterpiece 90 hour story with branching storylines, but it was fun to play through.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116255 on: January 03, 2017, 03:10:51 pm »

I haven't seen anything in CS:GO to say 'hey cod gamers! look at us! we're cod! come play us!'
Aug and Krieg 552 SG553. Doesn't matter that they existed in previous games, Aug and SG are CoD guns that are shitty and nobody uses them because real CS players only use AK.

...fucking Russian "pro player" mentality.

CoD2 was great. One of best FPSes ever made, still play it from time to time. I rerun the campaign like at least once per year. MW was quite good too.
I haven't played any CoD past MW though, and I don't think I lost anything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116256 on: January 03, 2017, 03:14:10 pm »

* Iceblaster may be wrong about this, buuut...

I think IW looks like it could be fun. I haven't played it, but I've seen gameplay. Yeah, it's 'oh but its halo but cod ermagerhprdpaisdpogphasdf', but honestly, I don't care! Halo's gone down the gutter and sci-fi shooters have never let me down before.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #116257 on: January 03, 2017, 03:18:34 pm »

I have very fond memories about Halo 2 PC. Sure, the community was really small and the game itself was locked to 30 FPS, but multiplayer was really fun. Sadly, servers were shut down in June 2015.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:22:29 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116258 on: January 03, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »

Tea-Coffee. Or more like Tchaikovsky. I just bought something called 'dirty chai'. It's basically Indian chai with espresso.

EDIT: aww. It has vanilla in it as well. Now if it were only a hint of vanilla, but no, the vanilla dominates at least the scent. Haven't gotten to tasting it yet, too hot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:36:23 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116259 on: January 03, 2017, 03:34:29 pm »

Tea-Coffee. Or more like Tchaikovsky. I just bought something called 'dirty chai'. It's basically Indian chai with espresso.

Now we know we have truly reached the end times.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116260 on: January 03, 2017, 03:43:03 pm »

they recently (i think) implemented a pop-up that basically completely disables the site until you turn off your adblocker

and while i know it's possible and not that hard to get around those kinds of popups using your adblocker, i'm hoping this move is the final nail in the coffin for many more people who choose to jump ship and start supporting independent wikis

people use adblocker because your ads are intrusive, annoying, and potentially malicious, fix the problem and people might consider actually turning off adblockers

it's not fucking rocket science

you fucking imbeciles

They added anti-adblock? I didn't even notice, since I've been running anti-adblock killer with tampermonkey and ublock origin for a few months now.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116261 on: January 03, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »

I just run uBlock and I can still go on *.wikia.com sites just fine.

It makes me sad that the Elder Scrolls wikia is the top result for most TES searches, while UESP is a few results down.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116262 on: January 03, 2017, 03:49:05 pm »

i just discovered that theres a group of conspiracy theorists that thinks everthing is fake:
That rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep. I found someone claiming that momentum doesn't exist. Poe or real, I have no idea.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #116263 on: January 03, 2017, 04:00:26 pm »

That rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep. I found someone claiming that momentum doesn't exist. Poe or real, I have no idea.
I think I'll just leave this here.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116264 on: January 03, 2017, 04:01:29 pm »

It ain't that bad, the vanilla doesn't dominate the taste as much as the scent. I should have definitly got some milk with it though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7749 7750 [7751] 7752 7753 ... 11037