Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7748 7749 [7750] 7751 7752 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485175 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116235 on: January 03, 2017, 11:58:57 am »

...Maybe they have a workaround themselves???  Steam, that is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116236 on: January 03, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »

they do have an exploit

it's called looking up the app id and creating your own appmanifest files

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116237 on: January 03, 2017, 12:09:41 pm »

I don't see any issue with stowing your gun to move faster...  Seems realistic and, more importantly, adds depth to the gameplay.

I do get that when a game has too much depth, it can be impenetrable to new players.  That's why I don't play competitive RTS except very casually with friends...  Still fun to watch, though!  I'd watch competitive FPS too but I did that enough in college :P
To be honest, anyone playing CS:GO and looking for realist/milsim action deserves nothing but heartfelt laughter from my inner /k/ommando.

Hell, Project Reality and other such things are out there. Its not like CS was ever about the realism, really, it was just about having a fast paced group FPS match with goals and actual guns in it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116238 on: January 03, 2017, 12:11:07 pm »

I know it is silly... but... I think movies shouldn't be allowed to advertise themselves with deleted scenes.

I still remember the Suit where most of the advertisements were deleted scenes (luckily the movie wasn't bad)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116239 on: January 03, 2017, 12:27:12 pm »

GO wasn't an HD update though, it was a remake that completely castrated the game, designed from the ground up to appeal to CoD kiddies. Both 1.6 and Source are infinitely superior to that trash. They even managed to fuck up GunGame. If they'd included zescape as an official mode it would probably have been closer to a knockoff of L4D competitive multiplayer.
Wait, what? Why? Sure, gun game is different but it's not worse IMO. They removed quickswitch, of course, but they also removed shit like riot shields from 1.6 and so on. The only real changes I can think of that can't be justified are some of map changeS FUCKING NEWKE GODDAMNIT PIECE OF SHIT. Newferno is nice, though.

Didn't CSGo remove the silly "Knives make you faster" aspect?
No.
The only thing that CS:GO removed pretty much completly was ability to score consistent BHops which is an exploit in itself (though, absolutely glorious one when did properly) and resulted in a lot of cheats to enable sucky people do it, and is actually possible to reenable it in CS:GO on custom servers.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116240 on: January 03, 2017, 01:23:50 pm »

Why is it that every game that gets changed to be less hardcore always have the point of 'it being dumbed down for cod kiddies' like. Fuck. That's levelled against a bunch of games and honestly, I haven't seen anything in CS:GO to say 'hey cod gamers! look at us! we're cod! come play us!'

I mean. Seriously. Using more casual shooter players as a scapegoat is a bit of a dick move.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #116241 on: January 03, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »

people use adblocker because your ads are intrusive, annoying, and potentially malicious, fix the problem and people might consider actually turning off adblockers

it's not fucking rocket science

you fucking imbeciles
This so much. I went for an insanely long time without using adblockers, but I recently had to start using them on both my PC and my phone because of sites like you mentioned which have a shitload of ads that make the computer lag, and also because I had suddenly been getting those "OMG UR ANDROID PHONE HAS [60,000] VIRUSES PRESS ON BUTT TO DELETE" pop-ups on previously clean sites. Now I don't get ads anymore, and it's like a whole new world.

NINJAEDIT:

People are weird. Call of Duty is a game which a lot of people hate (which is, honestly, understandable) so naturally if a game people like has been changed to be a little bit more like Call of Duty, usually by becoming simpler or "dumbed down", then they freak out. I remember back when Metal Gear Solid 5 was in development, I saw a ton of people complaining that it was succuming to the CoD Dumb Down Disease(tm) because they changed the health system to the ubiquitous blood-on-screen method, much like that of Call of Duty, rather than the health bar that the Metal Gear games usually use. So yeah, sometimes people make valid complaints, but sometimes they just like to nitpick.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116242 on: January 03, 2017, 01:44:29 pm »

'hey cod gamers! look at us! we're cod! come play us!'

I had no idea fish could be gamers. Sure is a magical world we live in.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116243 on: January 03, 2017, 01:59:59 pm »

People are weird. Call of Duty is a game which a lot of people hate (which is, honestly, understandable) so naturally if a game people like has been changed to be a little bit more like Call of Duty, usually by becoming simpler or "dumbed down", then they freak out. I remember back when Metal Gear Solid 5 was in development, I saw a ton of people complaining that it was succuming to the CoD Dumb Down Disease(tm) because they changed the health system to the ubiquitous blood-on-screen method, much like that of Call of Duty, rather than the health bar that the Metal Gear games usually use. So yeah, sometimes people make valid complaints, but sometimes they just like to nitpick.

Which honestly makes me wonder if most of the most vocal nitpickers like TB or Angry Joe are causing more harm to gaming's perception of change than anything else. I mean, I understand being vocal about change, but those two are the most nitpick-y people in the gaming review scene that I can think of without spending too much time on it. It's just... Yeah. I have never really seen the hate for CoD. I mean, it's just a game. A game that is popular and continues to sell games despite the supposed universal hatred for it. I wouldn't say no to playing CoD if someone brought it up. Maybe I'm just a horrible judge of quality :P

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116244 on: January 03, 2017, 02:15:19 pm »

i just discovered that theres a group of conspiracy theorists that thinks everthing is fake:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewforum.php?f=23
wut
0_o

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #116245 on: January 03, 2017, 02:17:22 pm »

@ Iceblaster

Well, latest Call of Duty got probably the most disliked trailer for a video game ever. Plus I haven't seen CoD: IW in top sellers during its release, but it can be just a bad memory.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116246 on: January 03, 2017, 02:18:13 pm »

Meh. Activision-Blizard(?) is trying something new with the franchise. They may very well go back to their standard fare for the next game.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116247 on: January 03, 2017, 02:22:29 pm »

Which honestly makes me wonder if most of the most vocal nitpickers like TB or Angry Joe are causing more harm to gaming's perception of change than anything else. I mean, I understand being vocal about change, but those two are the most nitpick-y people in the gaming review scene that I can think of without spending too much time on it. It's just... Yeah. I have never really seen the hate for CoD. I mean, it's just a game. A game that is popular and continues to sell games despite the supposed universal hatred for it. I wouldn't say no to playing CoD if someone brought it up. Maybe I'm just a horrible judge of quality :P

The vocal hate for CoD is caused because people live in their own little bubbles where because they personally dislike a game, it means that that game is utter trash and everybody who likes it has shit taste. So we have "complete irredeemable garbage" inexplicably becoming a multi-gorillion dollar franchise with millions of players, while the vocal one-person fanbase of a shitty obscure DOS strategy-adventure-RPG-platformer-FPS hybrid from 1987 (no specific game in mind pls no h8) whines about how true gaymen is ded because most companies won't bankrupt themselves making a game outside their target demographic that nobody will buy.

They voice their complaints while completely ignoring the extremely successful indie scene, that exists solely to serve niche markets like theirs. After all, troo gahmeeng can't be dead if there are games out there that they actually like.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:25:47 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116248 on: January 03, 2017, 02:22:58 pm »

wow okay so apparently, in kantai collection, there are 3 sorta variants of the de facto standard main gun, the 20.3cm twin gun

there's the stock, type 2, and type 3, and they all appear to be linear upgrades from each other, with the exception of the type 2 having +1 accuracy over the type 3

then there's this mechanic where if ships have properly fitted guns, they get bonuses to accuracy (mostly only relevant with battleships, who get penalties for equipping too large guns)

except, the 20.3cm type 2 is currently bugged and does NOT provide the fit bonus, while the other two do

that's honestly the dumbest, lamest bug i have seen all year

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116249 on: January 03, 2017, 02:36:29 pm »

CoD isn't that bad, I kinda like the pulpy action plots.  And some of the scenes were kinda impressive.
I just occasionally got exasperated with people trying to play Killing Floor, Borderlands, or L4D2 like they were CoD.  Bunch of kids with just enough skill to be impervious to important advice.  Blaming their deaths (and our resulting deaths) on the ways those games weren't like CoD.

Basically it's the same reason people hate Homestuck or Undertale, probably, there's a tiny yet incredibly vocal subset of those communities which drag their favorite thing everywhere.

... I think I used to do that for Homestuck, aheh.  I hope I wasn't a jerk about it, just an ass.

Edit:  OH but yeah maybe those vocal CoD fans scare AAA games from trying new things.  Idunno, I'm not a market researcher.  I feel like there's been a lot more innovation lately, so maybe that problem worked itself out (or was merely a matter of perspective).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:38:05 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7748 7749 [7750] 7751 7752 ... 11037