Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7738 7739 [7740] 7741 7742 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488477 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116085 on: January 01, 2017, 06:08:25 pm »

Wouldn't Superman just use his super speed to take the shield away from Cap? Or Supes could use heat vision on any part of Cap's body not protected by the shield.

This is a pretty dumb example since there is absolutely no way, short of a convenient source of kyrptonite nearby, that Captain American can beat Superman. The dude's just way too powerful.

This is death battle so we have to play by death battle's rules and they state that no... Superman couldn't use his super speed to hit Captain America past his shield.

Watch Cloud Vs. Link for that.

What? That makes no sense. Also, Supes has freezing breath. Shield can't protect against that.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116086 on: January 01, 2017, 06:09:09 pm »

Wouldn't Superman just use his super speed to take the shield away from Cap? Or Supes could use heat vision on any part of Cap's body not protected by the shield.

This is a pretty dumb example since there is absolutely no way, short of a convenient source of kyrptonite nearby, that Captain American can beat Superman. The dude's just way too powerful.

This is death battle so we have to play by death battle's rules and they state that no... Superman couldn't use his super speed to hit Captain America past his shield.

How is that a rule?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116087 on: January 01, 2017, 06:10:21 pm »

How is that a rule?

Cap's shield is a "perfect defense" so you must treat it like a perfect defense in everyway.

Also you are aggravated... Ever wonder why I stopped watching death battle? :P they are full of this crud.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116088 on: January 01, 2017, 06:12:04 pm »

I'm more incredulous than aggravated, tbh.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116089 on: January 01, 2017, 06:12:15 pm »

The real question is who has more plot armor.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116090 on: January 01, 2017, 06:14:17 pm »

It's... Not even remotely a perfect defense. Saying "I think this is unbeatable therefore you cannot do anything that could beat it, because that would be cheating" is a sure sign of a scrub.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116091 on: January 01, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »

How is that a rule?
Like I'm trying to warn you, there are entire boards dedicated to this nonsense!
It's fun but it's STUPID
I'm more incredulous than aggravated, tbh.
Same.  I actually find them pretty fun, on occasion, but some people take them seriously - which is just awful.

Edit: vv what Neo says vv
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:17:53 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116092 on: January 01, 2017, 06:15:50 pm »

It's... Not even remotely a perfect defense. Saying "I think this is unbeatable therefore you cannot do anything that could beat it, because that would be cheating" is a sure sign of a scrub.

WELCOME TO DEATHBATTLE!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116093 on: January 01, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »

I mean, it's perfect in the sense that it's invincible...
It just, y'know, doesn't cover the entire body and the body it does shield is far from invincible.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116094 on: January 01, 2017, 06:19:47 pm »

Eh. I stopped watching death battle after Superman v Goku. Kinda realized the fights had more favoritism than I initially thought. I mean, yay they still get to do what they like. It just doesn't interest me anymore :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116095 on: January 01, 2017, 06:23:25 pm »

Eh. I stopped watching death battle after Superman v Goku. Kinda realized the fights had more favoritism than I initially thought. I mean, yay they still get to do what they like. It just doesn't interest me anymore :P

What is odd is that... well... That was one of their better episodes yet it gets the most hate. It is the only episode I think people should lay off... and it did it while also boosting Goku's abilities to ridiculous levels unintended by the source material (Goku has super punches, not super bench pressing ability. As well speeds stay firmly within light speed in the source material)... As well as admitting that Superman is as inconsistent as heck (though with Dragon Ball Super... Goku joins the inconsistency club now that he has been depowered) and that the results only represent a sort of generous "At his strongest" depiction.

Not the Rogue versus Wonderwoman episode where they upgraded Rogue's powers to ridiculous levels and/or downplayed Wonderwoman's to near uselessness.

Or the Spider-Man versus Batman episode where they also upgraded Spiderman's Spidersense to ridiculous levels (not that "Spider-Man would likely win" is the wrong answer... So much that... I am here for a careful analysis of their abilities... Not giving Spider-Man such an upgrade I wonder how he ever lost).

Or the Link versus Cloud battle where "Link has a shield, thus he wins"

Or the Zelda Versus Peach battle...

Or the numerous episodes that are just obvious beat downs...

Yeah they kind of suck :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:36:35 pm by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116096 on: January 01, 2017, 06:34:50 pm »

Um...maybe it was just a dub issue but I pretty clearly remember Dragon Ball Z characters moving faster than light speed on any number of occasions. Hell, Raditz was capable of it. This isn't even touching on Instant Transmission.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116097 on: January 01, 2017, 06:37:44 pm »

Um...maybe it was just a dub issue but I pretty clearly remember Dragon Ball Z characters moving faster than light speed on any number of occasions. Hell, Raditz was capable of it. This isn't even touching on Instant Transmission.

It was hyperbole stated by a character, not a literal declaration of them moving light speed. Also yeah it is a translation thing.

It is why deathbattle doesn't use that as evidence. Rather they calculate the speed required to do Snakeway within the time limit.

Though what is hilarious is how much Toriyama doesn't know math to an extent. There used to be an official "how much can Goku lift" stat... and it is something small like 60kg or something.

---

As an aside... Back when I used to actually argue this stuff... GOODNESS do people take a lot of things characters say as not only literal but as factual.

I bet if Yamcha said he was stronger then Goku, I'd see that in a argument somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:50:31 pm by Neonivek »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #116098 on: January 01, 2017, 07:34:28 pm »

That reminds me of a generic sci-fi Vs. that I was involved in over on another forum. It was going swimmingly except for one guy who was going out of his way to assign Star Trek weaponry a ludicrous level of firepower, because a special weapon in one scene of one show had a visual effect of x diameter, and a nuclear blast of that diameter would have yield of nearly a teraton. Never mind that there was no reason to assign the effect that particular size (no dimensions were given in dialog, and he got that size by perspective analysis that even Curtis Saxton wouldn't touch), or that that form of comparison is like comparing a water balloon to an anaconda.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116099 on: January 01, 2017, 07:39:12 pm »

On that subject I STILL find it COMPLETELY and utterly ridiculous that the Starship can set its forward phasers to stun.

Heck I find it more ridiculous then the time they loaded microbes into the forward phasers to deliver a pathogen.
Pages: 1 ... 7738 7739 [7740] 7741 7742 ... 11037