Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7735 7736 [7737] 7738 7739 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489275 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116040 on: December 31, 2016, 12:01:53 pm »

The puppy actually doesn't bark at anyone coming in the back door... Why, dog, why?
Clearly the puppy has decided that the front door is it's responsibility.  It's your responsibility to bark at things coming in the back door.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #116041 on: December 31, 2016, 12:07:49 pm »

Really, he's disappointed at how incompetent you appear to be at your task. It's an internal shake of the head every time you fail to carry out your duty and let him down.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116042 on: December 31, 2016, 01:38:56 pm »

Could be that the only folks that come in the backdoor are trusted pack things.

Front door is evil stuff.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116043 on: December 31, 2016, 03:42:15 pm »

Could be that the only folks that come in the backdoor are trusted pack things.

Front door is evil stuff.

This was my guess.

She always barks at me if I walk in the front door, then runs and hides like I'm going to kill her, all while barking some more. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116044 on: December 31, 2016, 04:17:17 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116045 on: December 31, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »

@Airship Amazon

I forsee that going wrong in a million different ways. Drones crashing and Amazon not refunding, drones arriving but with the thing broken, drones not leaving at all, airship crashing because of a bird :P

@Future of electronics

Yeah. I saw RvB on netflix too. If it wasn't a shared netflix account, i'd have watched it. Haven't really seen it in forever and would love to watch it on the television. Though honestly, I have no idea about the 'what's a vhs' thing. They never have grandparents who have like fifty vhs' and some you don't even think were legit and just had some weird cartoon thing? Mine did :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116046 on: December 31, 2016, 06:04:55 pm »

If they don't know what VHS is... try asking them about Beta.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116047 on: December 31, 2016, 08:26:05 pm »

watching Inception for the first time.

wtfing all around.  not because of the usual hippie progressive ideology that the star is involved in, but because hollywood is fucking up science and star trekking scifi stuff
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116048 on: December 31, 2016, 08:31:34 pm »

hollywood is fucking up science

Business as usual!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116049 on: December 31, 2016, 08:51:13 pm »

theyre alaso really bad at twists

obvious os obvious.  i like my clues more subtle pls
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116050 on: December 31, 2016, 08:51:33 pm »

hollywood is fucking up science

Business as usual!
Yeah...

I sorta fail to see what's so WTF about this.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116051 on: December 31, 2016, 10:08:48 pm »

the wtf is that, with how people  memed it, i expected more.

it was pleasant enough, but its the story of how a progressive coward who believes a false reality is better than the unknown truth and keeps hiding in dream after dream to extend his own youth and life ad infinitum.

. maybe his wife is alive (though the movie suggests she isnt or hes repressing the dickens out of it), maybe the 'reality' was real, or maybe he had her incepted while they were trapped and she dream-murdered herself into her own seperate Inception movie and doomed them both to eternal 'limbo' as the movie said.  but the movie says that the truth doesnt matter, because he is so far removed from it that he can continuously avoid it.

it was trying to be all abstract like fight club or insightful like every other movie that actor stars in.

i obviously find the latter poignant, even resonanting

but whether he is trying to steal time-money from rich old young people or hiding like a baby from reality i dislike the messages he brings

p:
for completeness' sake its also possible that he is a dream of hers and keeps running down the tube
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:18:11 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116052 on: December 31, 2016, 10:59:01 pm »

Meh. I never really liked Inception. i tried watching it, but got a bit bored. Though admittedly I was like. A few years younger than I am now. With a shorter attention span. So I might give it another go if I get the hankering to see what the internet theory machine drew connections to :P

And on the internet theory machine, I honestly have no idea why some games go for the 'let's put a bare bones story and let the internet make connections.' Like shit. 'Hello Neighbor' is a game where I would only have seen it once and been like 'oh neat' then never see it again. But because of how there's just the loosest semblance of a plot, you got the internet theory machine making theories. You even got freakin' game theory to make a 'theory' about how the neighbor is satan. Like really? I understand having fun, but god. Pick a more interesting game that doesn't look like youtuber fodder that you'd see in some popular youtuber's feed a few times before it's been milked dry of contents.

/endrantiguessidunno

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116053 on: December 31, 2016, 11:21:41 pm »

I honestly have no idea why some games go for the 'let's put a bare bones story and let the internet make connections.' Like shit. 'Hello Neighbor' is a game where I would only have seen it once and been like 'oh neat' then never see it again. But because of how there's just the loosest semblance of a plot, you got the internet theory machine making theories.

Why wouldn't they? If the internet is buzzing with people arguing about theories about your game, that's free publicity. "Let's wrap the story up neatly so there's no annoying internet chatter about the meaning of our story" sounds like what the losers in the business of making games would do.

Something being annoying can actually be a huge winner. Remember Flappy Bird's popularity came from one well-connected guy tweeting "Fuck Flappy Bird".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:24:01 pm by Reelya »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116054 on: December 31, 2016, 11:29:29 pm »

There's a fine balance between setting up a barebones drip-fed plot that causes players to speculate and get more interested because of it and just dropping random shit on a framework then hoping the players will do the work for you by connecting dots which have barely any relation to each other, and its something you usualy can only do with games that have other elements for players to get interested into first, and THEN start theorycrafting around the plot.

Its why games like yume nikki got a cult following, since yume nikki had its interesting art style, theme and exploration elements for the player to get hooked, while shit like Dear Esther got ignored since there's literally nothing to actualy grab the player's attention other than walking very slowly around a bland landscape collecting random tidbits of plot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:31:10 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7735 7736 [7737] 7738 7739 ... 11037