Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7734 7735 [7736] 7737 7738 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490722 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116025 on: December 31, 2016, 03:16:59 am »

Guns. And other, better armed drones.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116026 on: December 31, 2016, 03:44:43 am »

Another patent was revealed for active drone defense system for their orbital product bombardment system. I think this is more on the lines of a Protoss Carrier.
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/12/27/2356231/amazon-patents-system-to-defend-drones-against-hackers-jammers-and-arrows
The "compromise system" that Amazon's engineers propose relies on an array of sensors to orient the drone based on the sun's position in the sky, if need be. That's in case the drone gets confused by, say, lightning or a muzzle flash. The system also provides for a mesh network, in which drones would check with each other and other data sources -- including satellite signals -- to verify the readings they're following. If there's a discrepancy in the data, the drone would tally up the verdicts from all of the sources available, then go with the majority opinion. The onboard compromise system would be designed to keep the drone on track even if someone tried jamming its communication system
 This is what Amazon suggests would happen: "The compromise module detects the presence of the arrow and generates the UAV compromise data indicating that a threat exists that may compromise the UAV. The fail-safe module terminates the navigation to the first computing device, and the fail-safe module directs the UAV towards the ground. In some implementations, the fail-safe module may be configured to direct the UAV to take evasive maneuvers, navigate to a safe landing or parking zone for inspect, and so forth."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:46:30 am by Reelya »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116027 on: December 31, 2016, 09:37:09 am »

I noticed Red vs. Blue was on Netflix and had a freaky moment where I realized that the past isn't just the past, it's gone. Netflix didn't even exist when I first saw RvB, and if it did there's no way RvB would have been on it.

Also I checked on Arby n' the Chief. I remembered there being maybe 30 episodes. There's almost 200 now, it became a real show with seasons and a series finale and everything.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116028 on: December 31, 2016, 10:25:26 am »

I noticed Red vs. Blue was on Netflix and had a freaky moment where I realized that the past isn't just the past, it's gone. Netflix didn't even exist when I first saw RvB, and if it did there's no way RvB would have been on it.

Also I checked on Arby n' the Chief. I remembered there being maybe 30 episodes. There's almost 200 now, it became a real show with seasons and a series finale and everything.
One of the best things I've ever seen in my life was a conversation on 4chan's /v/. One Anon made a joke about a VHS. Another Anon then replied; 'what's a VHS?'
The Anons in that thread were quite shocked and began posting smug laughing anime girls, which offended this one Anon who felt they were being mocked for not understanding an in-joke. They then posted rather angrily insulting the other Anons for being autists just because he didn't understand this "VHS meymey"

Everyone from 4chan had come to this one board, to see one thread, to see one comment.
The one that signaled the future. Mankind's relationship with nature, irreversibly changed.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116029 on: December 31, 2016, 10:28:08 am »

Thank Gods we have Lewd Whispers here to read 4chan for us, to save us the horror.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116030 on: December 31, 2016, 10:34:04 am »

Inb4 Lewd Whispers binaural ASMR hit me up with that collab

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116031 on: December 31, 2016, 10:50:03 am »

Oh, I also read 4chan.
The normal boards really. /tg/, /k/... /d/...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116032 on: December 31, 2016, 10:53:47 am »

Very normal yes, that /d/.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116033 on: December 31, 2016, 10:59:27 am »

...Does the "d" in /d/ stand for "derp"?
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116034 on: December 31, 2016, 11:23:52 am »

/d/iscussions. Very mature discussions. Yes. Indeed.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #116035 on: December 31, 2016, 11:36:15 am »

More like /d/ouchebags.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116036 on: December 31, 2016, 11:51:56 am »

/d/istended anal prolapse threads, moreso.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116037 on: December 31, 2016, 11:59:07 am »

The puppy actually doesn't bark at anyone coming in the back door... Why, dog, why?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116038 on: December 31, 2016, 11:59:42 am »

Another patent was revealed for active drone defense system for their orbital product bombardment system. I think this is more on the lines of a Protoss Carrier.
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/12/27/2356231/amazon-patents-system-to-defend-drones-against-hackers-jammers-and-arrows
The "compromise system" that Amazon's engineers propose relies on an array of sensors to orient the drone based on the sun's position in the sky, if need be. That's in case the drone gets confused by, say, lightning or a muzzle flash. The system also provides for a mesh network, in which drones would check with each other and other data sources -- including satellite signals -- to verify the readings they're following. If there's a discrepancy in the data, the drone would tally up the verdicts from all of the sources available, then go with the majority opinion. The onboard compromise system would be designed to keep the drone on track even if someone tried jamming its communication system
 This is what Amazon suggests would happen: "The compromise module detects the presence of the arrow and generates the UAV compromise data indicating that a threat exists that may compromise the UAV. The fail-safe module terminates the navigation to the first computing device, and the fail-safe module directs the UAV towards the ground. In some implementations, the fail-safe module may be configured to direct the UAV to take evasive maneuvers, navigate to a safe landing or parking zone for inspect, and so forth."

What if it's overcast (which the presence of lightning implies) or night? Or they're delivering in the far north during the winter?

Also, I followed a link on that article to GeekWire and found this: http://www.geekwire.com/2016/amazon-patent-collective-uav-borg-drones/ which made me lol.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116039 on: December 31, 2016, 12:00:13 pm »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:01:44 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 7734 7735 [7736] 7737 7738 ... 11037