Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7730 7731 [7732] 7733 7734 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491986 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115965 on: December 29, 2016, 12:42:38 am »

Over notice how in real life having a personal connection to a case is all the reason to be immediately taken off the case and MAYBE left on in a consulting position (or that is a myth).

But in fiction having a personal connection to a case is all the reason to immediately be put on the case? Like... that for some reason you are the only one able to muster motivation?
Funny you post that today--yesterday, December 28th, was the exact date of the last day of the final case in the first Phoenix Wright game.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115966 on: December 29, 2016, 01:01:46 am »

(Just bring mosquito repellent either way >_> The tropics have mosquitos. And they're not nice) :P
Less than Australia actually, just with more nasties riding along.

If it's so stressful, why go?
It has the option of being not stressful, but I'm equal parts irresponsible and cursed which puts a damper on things. By the time I realised I'd never be able to pay for all the extras it was too late to cancel anything.

Overall I'm having fun, but I'm finding I'm more of a "quiet fun" guy than a "loud fun" guy.
Hit the pool or beach? Absolutely, from 11pm onwards.

Suitable levels of excitement @yoink on the riverboat rave
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115967 on: December 29, 2016, 02:09:19 am »

Suitable levels of excitement @yoink on the riverboat rave
^-^ I should probably clarify, the bailing I was doing wasn't out of the boat, this was just a huge storm at our house which, thanks to our backyard's poor drainage and the amount of damage to the gutters, threatened to flood our awesome garage/hangout spot.

We had one huge plastic tub under the downspout outside, an even bigger metal trashcan below that, and then another plastic tub at ground level for people to carry to the drain at the back of the house to empty, since our lawn is eroded enough without dumping huge amounts of water onto it.

'Twas hard work and we were close to despair at some points, but we managed to Save the Shed.
Many towels and salvaged buckets made a noble sacrifice in the process, though. Also a lot of my friend's plants are probably gonna drown, but ehh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115968 on: December 29, 2016, 10:12:01 am »

ugh, how is telemarketing still a thing.  I need to get important calls from people not on my contacts, but 95% of it is spam.  Which sucks with an atypical sleep schedule.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115969 on: December 29, 2016, 10:21:50 am »

'Cause it still makes money, heh. That said, you on the national do-not-call thing? It might help a little if you're not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115970 on: December 29, 2016, 10:33:06 am »

'Cause it still makes money, heh. That said, you on the national do-not-call thing? It might help a little if you're not.

Not really. Charities are exempt, and criminals are bastards.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115971 on: December 29, 2016, 10:34:42 am »

I disabled the "anyone can anonymously call or text you" feature for my at&t number and all my call and text spam just stopped.

E: Also sleep mode on my phone unceremoniously blocks calls.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115972 on: December 29, 2016, 11:14:38 am »

Not really. Charities are exempt, and criminals are bastards.
Yeesss... but help a little does not mean infallible panacea against all undesired unsolicited phone calls. It does, in fact, cut down a bit on telemarketing calls.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115973 on: December 29, 2016, 11:21:56 am »

This song I've been listening to for the past several days now is driving me insane.
On the one hand it's simply a great song which is very fun to listen/dance to, on the other side my goddamn sappy brain is forming these potentially disastrous hopes of the lyrical content becoming relevant to my own life. It causes this weird feeling that's sort of a mix of excitement, daydream-reverie happiness, embarrassment, nervousness and plain ol' sadness when the less optimistic part of my brain rears its... head, pointing out how unlikely these foolish hopes are.

Goddamn, this is a good argument in favour of listening to songs with unintelligible lyrics, like I usually do. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115974 on: December 29, 2016, 11:51:43 am »

Thanks, and I think I am.  Almost all of them are from charities, probably because I donated a bit in the past.  Thankfully those mostly call in the evening instead of midmorning.  These morning calls from companies who don't seem to have a legal presence are pretty rare actually.  It was just particularly inconvenient this morning since last night was game night.

The guy pulled the "Is this Carl?  No?  Well maybe you can help me, I represent X company..." crap.
I'm still not sure what the most polite response is, but I didn't feel at all bad about hanging up without comment.

'course I'm not actually mad at the people who work the phones, they're making the best of a shit situation and someone else would step in.  It's telemarketing in general, bleh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115975 on: December 29, 2016, 12:10:13 pm »

You know I am watching the Videogame Orwell

And I know I am supposed to be seeing some sort of dystopian society where you are deprived of all privacy

But I can't help but notice how much worse their system is then the one we have in real life... Like... You can barely get any records on anyone... Even public records.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:18:37 pm by Neonivek »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #115976 on: December 29, 2016, 12:19:51 pm »

Yeah, especially since most records about people are public information and they are the ones who submitted that information willingly. One of the most frustrating thing about the mass surveillance leaks and the apathy with which it was met was how no one cared (well duh) because they already gave everything about their lives away to private companies. And oh boy, the UK has the world beat on surveillance hint, hint, hint. It never ceases to amaze me how often Americans look to the British isles as a model to emulate

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115977 on: December 29, 2016, 12:30:08 pm »

This song I've been listening to for the past several days now is driving me insane.
On the one hand it's simply a great song which is very fun to listen/dance to, on the other side my goddamn sappy brain is forming these potentially disastrous hopes of the lyrical content becoming relevant to my own life. It causes this weird feeling that's sort of a mix of excitement, daydream-reverie happiness, embarrassment, nervousness and plain ol' sadness when the less optimistic part of my brain rears its... head, pointing out how unlikely these foolish hopes are.

Goddamn, this is a good argument in favour of listening to songs with unintelligible lyrics, like I usually do. :P

If you use spotify, you may or may not like the music, but these are almost all non-english: https://open.spotify.com/user/trafalgard13/playlist/7CzY2R1sGsfzjGetcGA51k
And I do mean almost all, there are a couple songs in english and some non-english songs with some english words in them.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115978 on: December 29, 2016, 06:41:54 pm »

There are men
Unnerground
Whoavenevesen thesun
Budereallynoauto paaaaarty

Theresewunpintendeyoinkandeysinandansanfoightilthe MORNING!
One wheel short of a wagon

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115979 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:21 am »

My hair has somehow partially rolled itself together into a vortex-like shape, stupid-unrealistic-anime-hair style. What.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 7730 7731 [7732] 7733 7734 ... 11037