Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7726 7727 [7728] 7729 7730 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492132 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115905 on: December 27, 2016, 07:49:28 pm »

Bay12 loves you Tru no matter how fethed the world up is

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115906 on: December 27, 2016, 07:51:18 pm »

I think you want the sad (or mildly sad) thread Truean?

Though if you want to bring up your ideas for solutions for discussion somewhere, feel free to do so. :)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115907 on: December 27, 2016, 08:09:07 pm »

Some of those ideas did actually become real products. *cough cough* vibrating bra *cough cough* I won't link it here, but the designs look pretty similar to the old black and white photo one.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:16:24 pm by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115908 on: December 27, 2016, 08:39:12 pm »

With a bunch of friends in the tropics.
They don't seem to understand that my idea of a holiday is a hot place, a cold drink and a good book.
Or I guess vice versa, sans book.

They keep wanting me to do extravagant and expensive things I can't afford and then complain when I spend bunches of time on my phone instead of de-stressing, when I'm playing phone games to release the stress I've built up from all these obligations.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115909 on: December 27, 2016, 09:14:22 pm »

Bay12 loves you Tru no matter how fethed the world up is
This o_o Even if you may be in any mood whatsoever, we all ♥ you to bits.

They don't seem to understand that my idea of a holiday is a hot place, a cold drink and a good book.

They keep wanting me to do extravagant and expensive things I can't afford and then complain when I spend bunches of time on my phone instead of de-stressing, when I'm playing phone games to release the stress I've built up from all these obligations.
Even the simple things equate awesomeness in value :3 That's awesome for yooouuuu there Tack! (Just bring mosquito repellent either way >_> The tropics have mosquitos. And they're not nice) :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115910 on: December 27, 2016, 09:30:36 pm »

I do not love you.

I just like you a bit :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115911 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:08 pm »

I'm going on a boat cruise tomorrow. Like, whaaaat? ???       

Where ya goin'? Went on a cruise round the Med for my honeymoon. Shit on the ship was fookin' expensive, byraway.
Well, this one was less of a "cruise" and more of a "rave on a boat". A river boat.
Not something I'd usually expect myself to be doing (well, maybe less weird than being on an actual, full-on cruise ship), but a friend bought my ticket and it was actually really, really fun once I overcame the intense nervousness I felt at first. Started at around 7 PM and went 'til shortly before midnight- the views of the river, industrial areas, ports and cargo ships were pretty distracting before the sun set, haha. :)

Oh, and the drinks were surprisingly cheap, although I didn't have/need many.
A lot of the DJs were very entertaining, even if it's not the sort of thing I'd normally listen to. Crazy times. Whoa.
Now today, I think the main orders of business are to have a shower and rest intensely.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115912 on: December 27, 2016, 10:19:20 pm »

Ah well, glad you enjoyed it anyway. Trying new things is good too, probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115913 on: December 27, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »

Ever noticed that some MMO are so focused on guild work that they are essentially entirely about building up your Guild Leader and his personal friends up to god kings?

Like... there is some sort of ultimate item or ship that would take 100 people just to get one of... so the Guild Leader gets it?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115914 on: December 28, 2016, 01:56:53 am »

Well they're playing on human emotions. If it's just gear for yourself, then you might get fed up one day with the grinding and just quit cold turkey from the game. But if others are depending on you then you're more likely to feel guilt from just quitting.

But yeah, grinding in a guild to get some sort of personal kit seems wrong. Any special guild stuff should be things that are usable by or for the group in some way, even if it's the guild leaders who are operating it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115915 on: December 28, 2016, 01:58:32 am »

Forget game mechanics, some of the EVE Online corps go beyond "using people as underlings to win" and all the way to "actual cultist behavior".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #115916 on: December 28, 2016, 02:49:24 am »

If it's so stressful, why go?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115917 on: December 28, 2016, 02:51:53 am »

Forget game mechanics, some of the EVE Online corps go beyond "using people as underlings to win" and all the way to "actual cultist behavior".
That seems ungood.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115918 on: December 28, 2016, 03:39:47 am »

eve online is a very fascinating game and provides a ton of insight into the human psyche in a way no other mmo can

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #115919 on: December 28, 2016, 03:46:39 am »

eve online is a very fascinating game and provides a ton of insight into the human psyche in a way no other mmo can

Mhm could you just click this here thing real quick
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 7726 7727 [7728] 7729 7730 ... 11037