Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7724 7725 [7726] 7727 7728 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493740 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115875 on: December 27, 2016, 03:34:04 pm »

While browsing Quora (what can I say, I'm bored) I saw a answer to a question about "your best christmas gift".

Normally it wouldn't be something I would look twice at, but I saw "milo" and something wrapped in a blanket. Figuring someone had a christmas baby and gave him the best name ever ( :P ) I expanded the answer for a better look with the objective of congratulating them on their naming ability...

It was a baby rat.

On one hand I share a name with a rat, on the other he is indisputably cuter than me.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115876 on: December 27, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »

Someone famous will die in the next five days. 2016 is not letting us go so easy.

At least nobody we dont care about died right

Richard Adams, the guy who wrote Watership Down, died today. Dunno if you care about him or not, but I do remember reading it as a kid.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:39:04 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115877 on: December 27, 2016, 04:08:53 pm »

Someone famous will die in the next five days. 2016 is not letting us go so easy.

Richard Adams, the guy who wrote Watership Down, died today. Dunno if you care about him or not, but I do remember reading it as a kid.

Fuckin' hell!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115878 on: December 27, 2016, 04:17:39 pm »

It is 48C. Someone send help. I'm at the end of my heat tolerance here. Also the sun is setting at fucking 20:00.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115879 on: December 27, 2016, 04:19:48 pm »

It's -10. It's pretty warm. The sun is dawning at 08:00 and setting at 16:00 or so.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115880 on: December 27, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »

Fuckin' hell!
Died Christmas eve
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115881 on: December 27, 2016, 04:24:06 pm »

It's -10. It's pretty warm. The sun is dawning at 08:00 and setting at 16:00 or so.

Bad Polish joke incoming: You're Poilsh though, cause you live at the Poleland.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #115883 on: December 27, 2016, 04:25:43 pm »

It is 48C. Someone send help. I'm at the end of my heat tolerance here. Also the sun is setting at fucking 20:00.

Jeez man. Hang in there.

+2 over here. All the snow has melted into slush. It's alright. Sort of ruins the winter festivity image though. BUT I get to wear THE most comfortable outfit for me in this weather - jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket. So I got that going for me.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115884 on: December 27, 2016, 04:26:01 pm »

Whoever invented the voice-operated menu sytem should have been shot, and attempting to use one should be a capital offense.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115885 on: December 27, 2016, 04:30:23 pm »

Whoever invented the voice-operated menu sytem should have been shot, and attempting to use one should be a capital offense.

Which one, or they all very bad?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115886 on: December 27, 2016, 04:34:06 pm »

I can only think of over-the-phone menu systems, which are both awful and totally unnecessary unless you're programming a new phone or something.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115887 on: December 27, 2016, 04:37:32 pm »

Specifically the Post Office (there's no option for "My mail constantly fails to show up, even when the tracking number shows as delivered, I think the mailman is throwing it all in the trash so he doesn't have to work:), but they're all bad. The sort that are operated entirely by keypad are almost as bad, but at least with those you don't have to deal with "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you" as fury at the run-around raises the volume of your voice and your blood pressure to record highs.

Honestly, it should be flat-out illegal to have a customer service line that does NOT have a live operator that can be accessed within thirty seconds (minus hold time) of dialing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115888 on: December 27, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »

Heh, OOTS lampooned that once in a very early comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0007.html

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115889 on: December 27, 2016, 04:58:11 pm »

Hot damn. Last summer, temperatures (in the sun) over here in the Netherlands hit 40C for the first time in my life. That was bad enough. I can't even imagine another 8 more. Make sure to keep hydrating, and check on the old people in your neighborhood if you can.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7724 7725 [7726] 7727 7728 ... 11037