Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7718 7719 [7720] 7721 7722 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492025 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115785 on: December 25, 2016, 02:54:57 am »

Ok here are the two most ridiculous uses of Religion I've seen and they are both from comic books (I'll... save the "Catholic Anti-Christ" Plotline for someone else)

First we have Black Panther... I shall Title this: The Popemobile is a Pegasus

Now in this series they are basically pitting Black Panther against the iconic enemies of African Countries. So we have profiteers, savage African countries, and even America itself. There are no slavers but that is more due to that being completely out of date...

So then we get to, obviously, Catholic Missionaries... And HOW are they represented? Well apperantly the Vatican has a top secret scientific bunker where it trains Knights equipped with robot flying horses in order to do the Vatican's more... evil deeds.

Why the world is the Vatican more relevant and well equipped then the real life Vatican by leagues?

Then we have the New 52 reboot of Raven, which I shall title: Satanists are secretly awesome

So in the DC universe Satanists are... well... evil (Then again, given the context... that makes sense. Same way that Catholics are probably evil in SMT :P) HOWEVER not only are they an order going back centuries but they apparently have the manpower and resources to build a huge structure in the freeken desert.

This is soooo weird because Satanists are no big deal in real life and are more similar to Wiccans in that you could separate them into "Whinny Teens wanting to be edgy" and "The actual ones"... This upgrade is immense!

---

Goodness Comic books. Being part of a Religion is so much more awesome in your universe then it is in real life...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115786 on: December 25, 2016, 04:24:38 am »

Holy shit, just looked at some old photos of myself and my moustache is actually visible.
I always had idea that it was depressingly unnoticeable. Maybe I can grow it longer this time!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115787 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:04 pm »

my cousin proposed to his girlfriend! he's younger than me! I'm twenty! good lord. ::)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115788 on: December 25, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »

my cousin proposed to his girlfriend! he's younger than me! I'm twenty! good lord. ::)
Happens surprisingly often in colleges actually. I have no idea how long it will last though, the statistics aren't in his favour.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115789 on: December 25, 2016, 08:08:15 pm »

Being around my cousins today reminded me of when I finally got CoD: MW 2 (I have no idea if they remember it, but I do)

It had taken some time to "acquire", and when I finally got it home I was raring to play. Unfortunately some of our relatives were visiting, and the powers that be (my parents) decided the boys needed to sleep in my (10' x 9') room. Most of the room was (and still is) taken up with computers and my bed, but there was just enough floor for two sleeping bags.

Anyway, I played regardless (no stupid little cousins were going to stop me from playing my, much anticipated, "new" game).

So that is how I played "No Russian" while my young cousins looked over my shoulder... Not only were they fairly young, but they were holdeman mennonites (no TV, no internet for non-business purposes, certainly no violent computer games).

In retrospect it was probably a bad idea...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115790 on: December 25, 2016, 10:04:48 pm »

There are quite a few games in my Steam library (not installed, but mine) that I don't remember buying. Judging by the given purchase dates and the publishers, I think I see what they were bundled with, but if I had realized I owned Victoria II for over a year I'd have been playing it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115791 on: December 25, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »

Heh. I actually dropped in to mention a surprisingly painless live chat with amazon's customer service. Have apparently owned XCOM's Enemy Within thing since last december, but forgot I had it and dropped some giftcard dosh on it, so I hit 'em up to see if there was a way to revert the purchase. Against returns policy and all that, but the folks were willing to do a one-time cancel of the order without any fuss at all. Only took maybe five, six minutes despite being transferred to another person, everyone involved was polite, responsive, and mostly comprehensible even with it being fairly obvious english was second language for at least one of 'em, and I should have the dosh back in a day or two should things go well.

I was expecting disappointment, frustration, and/or a great deal of waiting (i.e. normal customer service when dealing with returns :P), and got succor, helpfulness, and a prompt conclusion. It's a good wtf.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115792 on: December 25, 2016, 11:05:52 pm »

A good WTF? Bizarre... Awesome for you, but bizarre.

Consider it a Christmas gift from fate, I'm sure you deserve it :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115793 on: December 26, 2016, 12:55:24 am »

I had that happen too once!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115794 on: December 26, 2016, 03:18:45 am »

I know that in Australia if someone says no-refunds (and they aren't some little family owned joint) it's a rort. Steam got done in for that and are facing a hefty fine, though I may have read that on this thread, too many Christmas spirits to remember right now. :P
Great to hear that though, Frumple!
Getting a good customer service experience is like winning a scratchy (full respect to call centre workers though).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115795 on: December 26, 2016, 11:15:07 am »

I'm going on a boat cruise tomorrow. Like, whaaaat? ???       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115796 on: December 26, 2016, 11:49:21 am »

I'm going on a boat cruise tomorrow. Like, whaaaat? ???       

Where ya goin'? Went on a cruise round the Med for my honeymoon. Shit on the ship was fookin' expensive, byraway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #115797 on: December 26, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »

So, I was watching YouTube video and there was video ad which lasted like 6 seconds. This ad had no sound whatsoever and it displayed white blonde woman which was doing nothing but smiling.

Lolwut?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115798 on: December 26, 2016, 12:39:24 pm »

Yea sorry about that. That message was supposed to only show up in pokemon videos.  It's a hidden sign from the Church of the Helix for us to overthrow the democratic governments of the world and usher in a reign of Anarchy.  I suggest you all stay away from elevators. 

We would also appreciate it if you put mattresses and safety nets at the bases of any large cliffsides that are on the way to any of your government centers, and if you and 2 friends would surround anybody you see stumbling randomly through the streets so that they can only move towards the government buildings that would also be appreciated.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115799 on: December 26, 2016, 12:55:39 pm »

So, I was watching YouTube video and there was video ad which lasted like 6 seconds. This ad had no sound whatsoever and it displayed white blonde woman which was doing nothing but smiling.

Lolwut?
Probably some viral marketing attempt. Ignore it.
Pages: 1 ... 7718 7719 [7720] 7721 7722 ... 11037