Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7715 7716 [7717] 7718 7719 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492814 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115740 on: December 23, 2016, 12:24:20 pm »

Were the forums down for the past 10ish hours for anyone else?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #115741 on: December 23, 2016, 12:30:14 pm »

Yeah, been dead for most of the day. I was worried it was linked to the complete Steam outage that has been going on for the last few hours.

Edit: looks like it was down for about 6 hours judging by post times from just before it stopped working.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:33:25 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115742 on: December 23, 2016, 12:31:34 pm »

Mhm.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115743 on: December 23, 2016, 12:34:57 pm »

Mhm.
Same here.  The started working again a couple of hours ago.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #115744 on: December 23, 2016, 12:56:39 pm »

Yeah, died right after I went to bed.  Woke up, rebooted server...  and they seem fine.  No table corruption like we usually get when they crash.  Dunno what it was.  Hopefully it'll be stable.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115745 on: December 23, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »

Thought there was something off about the length of "unread posts".
One wheel short of a wagon

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115746 on: December 23, 2016, 01:03:35 pm »

I choose to blame SMF 2.0.12 for this as I blame it for all things unholy and unjust, and therefore by proxy blame TBF.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115747 on: December 23, 2016, 01:19:02 pm »

Thought there was something off about the length of "unread posts".
I choose to blame SMF 2.0.12 for this as I blame it for all things unholy and unjust, and therefore by proxy blame TBF.
...that... would make sense. TBF "unread posts" list is proably longer than the list of all people in the world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115748 on: December 23, 2016, 01:28:04 pm »

Indoctrination theory also makes no sense, and also just shoots the series in the back of the head in the best of interpretations.

What really makes sense is the original dark energy plot, which was referenced as far back as ME1 and also makes the title of the series relevant.

You can't just mention a theory I've never heard of and then not explain it like that!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, I've heard about the indoctrination theory. It is the dark energy plot I haven't heard about.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115749 on: December 23, 2016, 01:44:31 pm »

Toady, I think you are secretly the person behind Valve and Steam. Too much of a coincide the forums are down at the same time Steam goes to hell.

GIVE US HALF LIFE 3 TOADY!!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115750 on: December 23, 2016, 01:59:41 pm »

Indoctrination theory also makes no sense, and also just shoots the series in the back of the head in the best of interpretations.

What really makes sense is the original dark energy plot, which was referenced as far back as ME1 and also makes the title of the series relevant.

You can't just mention a theory I've never heard of and then not explain it like that!

No, I've heard about the indoctrination theory. It is the dark energy plot I haven't heard about.
Same here with that last sentence :O
...Still confused on why ME is seen as bad though. x_x There's space for guessing and it doesn't seem like ME3 was made to be the climax ending of it all?

Spoiler: Also about that theory (click to show/hide)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115751 on: December 23, 2016, 02:07:34 pm »

So I've had this cyst growing on my elbow for the past week...

Gross inside, you've been warned.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115752 on: December 23, 2016, 02:08:41 pm »

EDIT:I might be a bit spoily or not, well it didn't happen so anyway.

I think the "original" ending was something that was supposed to done by the writer who was then kicked off the team when they were making ME3.

I just heard about this, and I was reading this years ago.

So basically, ME1 and ME2 all referenced it, the Reapers were supposed to "attempt" to preserve universe because it was obvious it is falling apart or something (?) so they would harvest millions of evolved species seeing if at least one found a way to stop the ultimate end of the universe, which they of course being some age-less species, would rather not see.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115753 on: December 23, 2016, 02:31:28 pm »

This is still a rather derp plot. "Uhuh, yes, I guess, we are an ageless, super-advanced species, should we devote all our resources to solving this end of the universe thing? Naaaah, we'll waste them on harvesting a bunch of primitives to see if they have something".
It's like if human climate scientists tried to solve their problems by catching a bunch of rhesus macaques and torturing them for information. You know, just in case those monkey bastards are hiding an easy solution to global warming from us.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:35:11 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115754 on: December 23, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »

I think it was more about that they save universe by killing off advanced civilizations. It goes something like that only living beings can manipulate Dark Energy but it is very dangerous since it can bring the end to the universe, so Reapers come from time to time to kill off the advanced civilizations that come dangerously close to fucking with it, so they save universe that way.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7715 7716 [7717] 7718 7719 ... 11037