Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7714 7715 [7716] 7717 7718 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493813 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115725 on: December 22, 2016, 09:01:16 pm »

Spoiler: Why, Valve? Why? (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115726 on: December 22, 2016, 09:56:08 pm »

I don't get it.
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115727 on: December 22, 2016, 10:15:24 pm »

15 days to sell something on the market, 'cause they don't have the Steam Authenticator.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115728 on: December 22, 2016, 10:59:05 pm »

I've been weirdly excitable lately.
Man, this is some serious chemically imbalanced-level shizz, it's awesome.
I've been excited all day... there was a brief lull where I drank some cider and relaxed for a while, but now my energy levels have picked up again.
Only annoying thing is how impatient I'm feeling. Can't wait for this evening. Gonna be off chop, as they say. I don't actually know who says that, apart from friends. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115729 on: December 22, 2016, 11:34:47 pm »

There's a program called Bluestacks. It's basically an Android emulator for your desktop, and has a Steam app. You can sync your mobile guard to that and authenticate from your desktop. Used that when I sold a bunch of game items and skins a while back.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115730 on: December 23, 2016, 01:13:56 am »

I've had some weird interactions with people I've been playing with online. First, a lot of them have been surprised when I've talked out loud (which I do fairly regularly; not like all the time, but often enough that you'd think people would recognize my voice). Secondly, a number of them (in particular a new friend of mine) are apparently unsure what gender I am from my voice. My friend has been asking me if I was a boy or girl repeatedly for two days. I actually hadn't realized that that was directed at me (I assumed it was some sort of joke, or some sort of meme, or directed at someone else, etc). It weird because I thought I was clear about it when they asked me the first time, but apparently they've even discussed it with other people they know and they give the odds at 60/40 boy/girl. I haven't given a new answer because I thought it was funny, but even the fact that an apparently significant number of people can't tell is very WTF to me. Now I'm wondering whether my voice sounds feminine over microphones. I know I talk very softly, but it's not a feminine voice at all.
There's a program called Bluestacks. It's basically an Android emulator for your desktop, and has a Steam app. You can sync your mobile guard to that and authenticate from your desktop. Used that when I sold a bunch of game items and skins a while back.
The owners of scrap.tf have a great PC version of the mobile authenticator that I've been using without a hitch for a while. Super convenient. Look up Steam Desktop Authenticator.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115731 on: December 23, 2016, 02:46:19 am »

This is just what happens when you keep making more popular games in the same chronology, eventually it gets stupid.
The possible exception being games that had an arc planned out over multiple games beforehand, like Mass Effect.

Yeah, Mass effect waiting until the second game to become stupid.

Why do people keep forgetting how dumb the second game is?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115732 on: December 23, 2016, 02:57:26 am »

This is just what happens when you keep making more popular games in the same chronology, eventually it gets stupid.
The possible exception being games that had an arc planned out over multiple games beforehand, like Mass Effect.

The first ME game I've played was essentially the second :P And I could get that there are some mechanics that could've been refined really well (also I miss the Mako in hindsight after being able to finish I and II), but I can't see why there's an extreme that it'd be labeled as 'stupid' though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115733 on: December 23, 2016, 03:08:31 am »

Indoctrination theory also makes no sense, and also just shoots the series in the back of the head in the best of interpretations.

What really makes sense is the original dark energy plot, which was referenced as far back as ME1 and also makes the title of the series relevant.

You can't just mention a theory I've never heard of and then not explain it like that!
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115734 on: December 23, 2016, 03:20:36 am »

The first ME game I've played was essentially the second :P And I could get that there are some mechanics that could've been refined really well (also I miss the Mako in hindsight after being able to finish I and II), but I can't see why there's an extreme that it'd be labeled as 'stupid' though.

Because the entire premise of the game is based on a huge plothole that makes no sense but only exists because the writers couldn't think of anyway to keep shepherd.

I mean I know Shepherd is supposed to be Jesus (it is in his freeken name)... but come on.

Then there are the lost VERY IMPORTANT hanging threads from the first game...

Not to mention it is sort of the start of the villain decay of the Reapers... reaching its max in the last game.

In the first game a SINGLE Reaper was enough to basically throw the galaxy in disarray and they had such little idea of how to stop them.

The game really feels like it was rewritten ENTIRELY... In fact I fully believe exactly that happened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115735 on: December 23, 2016, 04:27:43 am »

Indoctrination theory also makes no sense, and also just shoots the series in the back of the head in the best of interpretations.

What really makes sense is the original dark energy plot, which was referenced as far back as ME1 and also makes the title of the series relevant.

You can't just mention a theory I've never heard of and then not explain it like that!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115736 on: December 23, 2016, 04:37:39 am »

I have to laugh at season passes now as they have become hopelessly rip offish.

Assuming they give 4 DLC

No longer are they "You will get four pieces of DLC that will hopefully all be worth it"

and now they are "You will get 3 DLC you would never buy that took us two seconds to make... and 1 DLC that is sort of kind of something but not really"

In fact Season passes are even worse because their existence prevents worthwhile expansions from being made because there is an implied time limit.

---

Also what I find funny about Indoctrination Theory is...

It is based entirely around the fact that the third game doesn't make sense on many levels and the ending is very railroaded.

Basically it makes more sense because otherwise you have to accept that Shepherd was being written completely out of character, and was a complete moron, and that the forced symbolism was forced symbolism.

Mass Effect suffers from Resident Evil Movie Syndrome... In that each sequel is twice as dumb as the last.

So if it keeps up that trend... the fourth game will be twice as stupid as the third... So going by that... In the fourth game you guys will be able to replicate the gates and make peace with the Reapers perhaps. OR it turns out the Reapers were actually all a test and they were created to keep civilization to a low level because there are actually a BIGGER bad out there. OR!!! The Reapers were trying to find their king/Jesus and decided Jesu... Errr I mean Shepherd is the perfect one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:45:22 am by Neonivek »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115737 on: December 23, 2016, 05:19:44 am »

You complain about valve? Man I have Civilization IV rubned at my face for only 3,7 bucks but can't buy it for stupid geographical restrictions. Which are truly stupid since I own and can buy civ III and V in example.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115738 on: December 23, 2016, 05:22:10 am »

You complain about valve? Man I have Civilization IV rubned at my face for only 3,7 bucks but can't buy it for stupid geographical restrictions. Which are truly stupid since I own and can buy civ III and V in example.

I am glad when I reference something vaguely and instead people pull other companies and games into it.

It tells me how widespread the issue is.

Anyhow, no I wasn't referring to Valve.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115739 on: December 23, 2016, 12:10:29 pm »

Because the third game got even WORSE and distracts people from the second. That, and the second actually had a few decent bits of lore in it despite all the... stuff-ups that got in it whereas the third game just threw it all out the window. Mind you this is mostly things relating to the plot and such, the gameplay in 3 was smooth compared to 2 (One was a different beast in gameplay, though still fun.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 7714 7715 [7716] 7717 7718 ... 11037