Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7713 7714 [7715] 7716 7717 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493764 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115710 on: December 22, 2016, 02:16:28 pm »

Also WHAT THE FREEKEN HECK is with these "Pseudo Nolan North" DC movies and wanting their heroes to kill?

I mean HOLY GOODNESS does Batman have an impressive bodycount.

Seriously DC Cinematic Universe STOP IT! You do NOT need to have a hero kill to show why they shouldn't kill... it is stupid...

I mean... it isn't like the fact that Batman was gunned down isn't reason ENOUGH that Batman wouldn't machine gun down crooks but apparently not.
Thinks about the good old A-team with some nostalgia, the series where no one ever got killed. Crashing helicopters, exploding cars, everyone always crawled out with all their limbs still attached.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115711 on: December 22, 2016, 02:43:11 pm »

DC in general sucks in movies. The only ones that I held in high regard are the Nolan trilogy. They wasted to hell the chance of jump starting the big screen franchise using their almost good tv series (arrow and flash, the rest are utter crap). No, they decided to separate them completely. For pete's sake they are trying to copy marvel and even fail in copying them right.

There's a lot of issues with what you say, it's not only the trigger happy, fat batman. It's the fact they in a few seconds demolished what three movies and years of work took to build up.

I will add to this that there are good DC movies... Animated DC movies.

Heck the Suicide Squad Animated Movie is basically what Suicide Squad SHOULD have been...

Want good Superman movies? Superman versus the Elite, All-Star Superman.

Now... the "New 52" Movies are... mixed to bad... (but in all fairness... New 52 SUCKS in general... so what could they do?)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115712 on: December 22, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »

I kinda liked man of steel though.

Mostly because it has superman wrecking the shit out of an entire city in it.

Batman is in terrible shape though, the joker has ceased to exist and wonderwoman is kind of bluh.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:51:43 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115713 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:15 pm »

I've been weirdly excitable lately. I mean, I guess that's better than feeling depressed and apathetic most all the time with just an occasional spike of pleasurable anticipation, but it's not like my circumstances have changed drastically enough to really warrant all this excitement and I'm sure as heck not used to it.

Maybe I'm just on an upwards moodswing, I don't know. Seems like it's lasting a bit long for it to be that, though. It's weird, I've even caught myself getting excited over stuff like daydreams and such. When I actually have a reason to be excited, though, I'm like a friggin' dog at walkies time, wagging my arse all over the place as though all my Christmases just came at once.
Well, maybe not quite that. But I do get pretty damn excited.

Today is one of those times, because it's the day of the freakin' Bennies' Christmas gig.
Wowee. I even convinced a friend to come along. And then afterwards we're going to the closing-down party at the local tiki bar.
Should be one hell of an evening. At least I have a reason to be so excited.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115714 on: December 22, 2016, 05:55:36 pm »

Five Nights at Freddy's is having almost exactly the same arc as the Resident Evil series. The first game redefined horror games, the second game was even better, the third game broke with the formula, the fourth game broke with the formula even more and is the new fan favorite, FNAF World was all the weird spinoffs, and Sister Location AKA FNAF5 is just stupid. Fazbear Entertainment is basically Umbrella Corp at this point, they even have a comically villainous CEO, and the latest game combined with the novel gives us the series-wide conspiracy to accomplish nothing in the stupidest manner possible.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115715 on: December 22, 2016, 06:01:18 pm »

This is just what happens when you keep making more popular games in the same chronology, eventually it gets stupid.
The possible exception being games that had an arc planned out over multiple games beforehand, like Mass Effect.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115716 on: December 22, 2016, 06:18:16 pm »

There are birds singing outside. It's 2 hours after midnight and winter. What the fuuuuuuuuu
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115717 on: December 22, 2016, 06:20:30 pm »

Mass Effect still kinda got stupid in the third game. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but the plot in me3 makes no sense unless indoctrination theory is true. The ending - from where harbinger shows up, say - in particular.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115718 on: December 22, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »

Indoctrination theory also makes no sense, and also just shoots the series in the back of the head in the best of interpretations.

What really makes sense is the original dark energy plot, which was referenced as far back as ME1 and also makes the title of the series relevant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115719 on: December 22, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

* Sirus ducks out of the thread at this point as he still has not beaten ME3
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115720 on: December 22, 2016, 07:09:11 pm »

Everyone dies at the end.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115721 on: December 22, 2016, 07:14:52 pm »

Tali was actually a Reaper and Kyle Katarn kills Garrus.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115722 on: December 22, 2016, 07:58:01 pm »

I never played any of those games.

They sound good, sometimes, but I never actually bothered to acquire them
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115723 on: December 22, 2016, 08:14:22 pm »

Mass Effect still kinda got stupid in the third game. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but the plot in me3 makes no sense unless indoctrination theory is true. The ending - from where harbinger shows up, say - in particular.

Weakest game of the series, by far.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #115724 on: December 22, 2016, 08:25:26 pm »

I never played any of those games.

They sound good, sometimes, but I never actually bothered to acquire them

I picked up ME 1 and 2 for cheap at a used games shop and barely even played 1. Overrated series, especially with the way 3 ended.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 7713 7714 [7715] 7716 7717 ... 11037