Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7698 7699 [7700] 7701 7702 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490770 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115485 on: December 16, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »

Woke up today and my computer was just sitting under its cover, hot as all get out. What the heck, I closed you man, you shouldn't be doing high temperature stuff.
I've noticed that when there's a windows 10 update pending, but my laptop is closed, in sleeping mode, windows will get it out of sleeping mode around update time, and then do nothing, I guess because it requires a login by password after sleep mode.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #115486 on: December 16, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »

Ahh. That... Makes very little sense? But also explains it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115487 on: December 16, 2016, 01:00:22 pm »

WYSIWYG
I have no idea what relevance this has outside of tabletop games.
What is your phone doing?
You know how there's a button that shows the BBCode?  Normally, it starts editing with the BBCode showing.  Recently, it hasn't been.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115488 on: December 16, 2016, 01:03:39 pm »

So... today I decided to take a nap in middle of the day.

My little brothers then decided to mess around in my bedroom and I they eventually woke me up.
It was a slow process because I kept falling asleep and they kept waking me up. Until I eventually yelled them down and woke up completely.

I felt very grumpy, and I had this strange feeling of anger. I was so needy to solve this anger that I eventually decided that my classmate is a bad person and I should fight him. I then remembered when somebody made a joke in the class and I decided to hate him for the rest of my life.
Then all of the things I did for the past few weeks started to creep upon me and my social insecurities started to appear out of nowhere.

I was so needy to resolve this somehow, I imagined literally starting an argument with one person who insulted me (he didnīt) because he jokingly mocked me and I even hoped that we would get into a fight.

Then I took a glass of water, started watching my favorite TV series and all those feelings dissipated.

I then remembered reading this study about how our brain judgement is split into two things.
Rational judgement and emotional judgement, and those two functions never communicate together, you just assume reason on a rational basis instead of really knowing what causes you to feel certain way, so you always need a reason for something.

Then I realized I went trough the most irrational waking up I ever had and looking back on those thoughts of having a fight now look funny to me.
Thank god I am back in my good mood.

Dear brain,
WTF??? y u so grumpy ovah a ruinīd sleep??? it was day after all...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115489 on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:31 pm »

Some days I just want to start facepunching people.

This is most certainly one of those days.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115490 on: December 16, 2016, 02:45:47 pm »

Donkey Punches.

They all deserve it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115491 on: December 16, 2016, 03:01:29 pm »

A 101 year old man has set a record in the UK for becoming the oldest convict ever.
Back in the 1970s - '80s, the truck driver abused two sisters sexually for years, when they were between ages 4 and 13.
He also confessed to have inappropriatly touched a brother of the two sisters.

The rape took place in the man's barn in Birmingham, and in his truck.
The jury found him guilty for all 21 charges against him, after he already confessed earlier in 7 charges concerning the abuse of the boy.

The case was brought to the police only in august last year, when the abused sisters, now in their 40s, recognised their tormentor on a facebook page celebrating his 100th birthday.
Now that he's found guilty, it's up to the judge, coming monday, to sentence him. It is expected that despite his high age and fragile health, he will still be sent to prison, considering the seriousness of his crimes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:05:11 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115492 on: December 16, 2016, 03:05:48 pm »

Did you know that if you press shift immediately after the windows 10 login screen begins accepting input (AKA, as soon as the cursor appears in the password box) it will allow you to enter an arbitrary number of "shift characters"?

Now I know why I so often need to enter my password twice...

It's too bad there is no "show password" option, I want to know how they would render shift :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #115493 on: December 16, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

It's too bad there is no "show password" option, I want to know how they would render shift :P
There is. Click and hold the eye icon on the right of the box.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115494 on: December 16, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »

Now I know why I so often need to enter my password twice...

And I thought I was just really bad at remembering my password.
I even figured out that I type my password using my muscle memory and I remembered the old password.
So when I needed my friend to fix something on my computer over a phone, he couldnīt get on it even though I gave him my password.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115495 on: December 16, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »

There is. Click and hold the eye icon on the right of the box.

Good to know! Before last week I only rebooted once every two-three months (it's an offline desktop machine, so no updates forcing reboots), so I am not exactly close friends with the login screen :)

Last week I had some problems with resource demanding games locking the whole system up, which forced quite a few restarts until I blasted out all the dust bunnies (fixing the problem). Interestingly the crashes were not due to CPU overheats (I had that happen last summer), maybe it was the GPU or something else... I never did figure out what the actual problem was.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115496 on: December 16, 2016, 05:18:47 pm »

Had a nosebleed today, nothing special, dripped a bit, plugged it with a wad of toilet paper, p standard.

And after a while, it got a little soaked, so I got another wad and pulled the old one out to replace it.

And for some strange reason, what looked like a foot-long strand of bloody mucus came out with it, running along the inside of my throat and feeling incredibly creepy.

What the hell was that about, body?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115497 on: December 16, 2016, 05:21:35 pm »

Are you turning into some sort of mucus zombie?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #115498 on: December 16, 2016, 05:26:48 pm »

Had a nosebleed today, nothing special, dripped a bit, plugged it with a wad of toilet paper, p standard.

And after a while, it got a little soaked, so I got another wad and pulled the old one out to replace it.

And for some strange reason, what looked like a foot-long strand of bloody mucus came out with it, running along the inside of my throat and feeling incredibly creepy.

What the hell was that about, body?

Yep. Happens to me all the time. I have no idea, but it has something to do with your clotting. It's not exactly your standard mucus either, because it absorbs blood like nothing else. Most of the time, I've found that as soon as I managed to get out the mucus (I called them blood slugs when I was younger) most of the actual bleeding would stop fairly rapidly-implying that what I was taking as active bleeding was actually just seep coming from the mucus.

They're weird, and occasionally disconcerting, but harmless AFAIK.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115499 on: December 16, 2016, 05:29:30 pm »

You know what, Ive always had a creepy perverse impulse to pick at scabs and viscous fluids on or in my body.  And in the case of my nose, that includes blowing out odd snots.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 7698 7699 [7700] 7701 7702 ... 11037