Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7665 7666 [7667] 7668 7669 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465670 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114990 on: December 06, 2016, 12:13:21 pm »

You could ask Toady One to delete you so that you can make a new, clean account. I think he can remove all trace of you completely without having to individually go through posts.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114991 on: December 06, 2016, 12:19:09 pm »

Apparently one of my cousin's dogs died after finding a whole bunch of chocolate on his bed and devouring it all while nobody was looking. He ate all of it, got really bad and died on the vet. I guess this wasn't specifically the thing that killed it, since said dog was pretty old, but I'd guess it didn't help any either.

Whats worse is that most of said chocolate was dark chocolate, which has a higher cocoa content and is thus supposedly even more hazardous to dogs.

I guess its like they say, once you go dark, you never go bark.
I'm so sorry
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114992 on: December 06, 2016, 12:20:48 pm »

Unrelated: An Islands match that isn't dull grush wars!?

Galley rushes are ridiculously high-skill at that level. I find that aspect overrules the repetitiveness, for me.
It's true to an extent, but even at that level of play the micro still looks very much the same every time unless someone fucks up. Land's just inherently more interesting to watch at any level of play because of structures, terrain variation, elevation, having a decent mix of units, &c. It's no coincidence that the most interesting water fights tend to be the ones that involve shoreline castles/towers/rams (or just demo ship spam, heh), or FFA no diplo ones where a bunch of different players are brawling.

Matter of taste, I guess. What happens on a land map is almost entirely decided by immediate map generation and civilisation matchup (until the late game, which is fine because the late game on a water map is diverse) as well, and the variation in terrain is comparable to variation in fish location and coastline shape.

There's a reason a lot of people prefer to watch casual or team matches rather than high-level 1v1s - the latter have an extremely well-defined meta in most situations, which is why things like Clash of the Hippo are a thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114993 on: December 06, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »

... I have had a song, or at least part of it,* stuck in my head for like the past... week. Fucking incessantly. It doesn't go away. It's actually been causing headaches. The wall has been driven up and we are now in ceiling donut land. Is the worst case of this I've ever had, and I wish I knew what was causing it besides a freakishly effective earworm.

*Background music from the first real town in voidspire tactics. Can hear it kinda low here, starting around 14:48 if the link doesn't take properly. Probably a better example somewhere on youtube but effort.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114994 on: December 06, 2016, 01:31:27 pm »

Have you tried replacing it with something REALLY catchy? Like, say, Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue

Also that title
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114995 on: December 06, 2016, 01:32:10 pm »

Apparently one of my cousin's dogs died after finding a whole bunch of chocolate on his bed and devouring it all while nobody was looking. He ate all of it, got really bad and died on the vet. I guess this wasn't specifically the thing that killed it, since said dog was pretty old, but I'd guess it didn't help any either.

Whats worse is that most of said chocolate was dark chocolate, which has a higher cocoa content and is thus supposedly even more hazardous to dogs.

I'm so sorry

If you were setting up that punchline, you're awful :p

If for srs, depends how big the chocolate bar was, and how big the dog was. Not sure of the logistics, but a vet I know asks those things when they receive a call when they're on-call.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #114996 on: December 06, 2016, 01:41:28 pm »

... I have had a song, or at least part of it,* stuck in my head for like the past... week. Fucking incessantly. It doesn't go away. It's actually been causing headaches. The wall has been driven up and we are now in ceiling donut land. Is the worst case of this I've ever had, and I wish I knew what was causing it besides a freakishly effective earworm.

*Background music from the first real town in voidspire tactics. Can hear it kinda low here, starting around 14:48 if the link doesn't take properly. Probably a better example somewhere on youtube but effort.
Maybe check out unhearit.com. Of course, that gets catchy songs out of your head by replacing them with other catchy songs, but it does usually work if you spend a bit of time on it. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114997 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:23 pm »

I'm so sorry

If for srs, depends how big the chocolate bar was, and how big the dog was. Not sure of the logistics, but a vet I know asks those things when they receive a call when they're on-call.

:U don't give me that look, the mind did, not me.

Anyway, apparently it was a ~200 gram dark chocolate bar, and the dog ate most of it. But said dog was a small dachshund breed and was apparently nearly 15 years old, so I doubt that was the only thing that killed it, though it was likely the straw the broke the camel's back. Or rather, the dachshund's back.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114998 on: December 06, 2016, 01:52:24 pm »

I'm so sorry

:U don't give me that look, the mind did, not me.

Anyway, apparently it was a ~200 gram dark chocolate bar, and the dog ate most of it. But said dog was a small dachshund breed and was apparently nearly 15 years old, so I doubt that was the only thing that killed it, though it was likely the straw the broke the camel's back. Or rather, the dachshund's back.

Certainly wouldn't have helped then :o dachsund's tend to have lots of back problems, too :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114999 on: December 06, 2016, 02:45:03 pm »

Anyone know where Forum Bug Reports would go?

I encountered a weird Post-Eating Bug while doing formatting for this suggestion game. Think I've diagnosed the trigger, though I have no idea what the cause is. It has to do with the Table tag, and some interaction with Quotes. Normally, Quotes within a Table are fine (They compress down into cute mini-quotes), but if you post another Table after it, and the first word in that table has Any BBCode Formatting At all, it eats the entire post. Even just a Bold or an Italic tag.

EDIT: This seems to even eat posts if they're in a CODE tag (and thus completely unformatted... ._.;).

Code: (These Tables are Fine:) [Select]
NOTE: Any Table containing a Quote, followed by a Table containing Unformatted Text, won't trigger the bug:

[table][tr][td][quote author=hector13]you're awful[/quote][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]See, plain text is fine![/td][/tr][/table]

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:47:41 pm by Solifuge »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115000 on: December 06, 2016, 02:49:09 pm »

Might as well post it in the SMF error thread we have stickied right now. Wouldn't be surprised if it was related to Toady losing his UI buttons.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115001 on: December 06, 2016, 03:00:19 pm »

Anyone know where Forum Bug Reports would go?

I encountered a weird Post-Eating Bug while doing formatting for this suggestion game. Think I've diagnosed the trigger, though I have no idea what the cause is. It has to do with the Table tag, and some interaction with Quotes. Normally, Quotes within a Table are fine (They compress down into cute mini-quotes), but if you post another Table after it, and the first word in that table has Any BBCode Formatting At all, it eats the entire post. Even just a Bold or an Italic tag.

EDIT: This seems to even eat posts if they're in a CODE tag (and thus completely unformatted... ._.;).

Code: (These Tables are Fine:) [Select]
NOTE: Any Table containing a Quote, followed by a Table containing Unformatted Text, won't trigger the bug:

[table][tr][td][quote author=hector13]you're awful[/quote][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]See, plain text is fine![/td][/tr][/table]

Might as well post it in the SMF error thread we have stickied right now. Wouldn't be surprised if it was related to Toady losing his UI buttons.

Danke MSH. Done and done.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115002 on: December 06, 2016, 03:45:12 pm »

This day has been going...just so unceasingly wrong. Not a single assignment has gone without screwups of one kind or another, usually several of them in a row.

It's so bad that I'm still nearly two hours away from being able to go home and I've already put in an eleven hour day.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115003 on: December 06, 2016, 03:49:21 pm »

so cute
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115004 on: December 06, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »

satan

Anyway, apparently "To Kill a Mockingbird", an american classic about the story of a lawyer trying to defend a black man falsely accused of rape, has been removed from some Virginia schools because it has racist language.

A story about how racism is bad is being banned from curriculums because it discusses racism in a realistic way.

Kay.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:13:28 pm by TempAcc »
Pages: 1 ... 7665 7666 [7667] 7668 7669 ... 11037