Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7651 7652 [7653] 7654 7655 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469411 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114780 on: December 03, 2016, 03:28:11 am »

It's not filled in completely, and I can't find the text document that tells me what all the entries. It's from a prototype I was building when FEF was becoming popular and I looked at their rock-paper-scissors combat system and thought 'you know what would make this better? Seven elements instead of three!'. So the table has seven elements, each one of those elements has sections for perks, faults, and traits, and then there's a divider to separate major and minor from the above categories.

It had some fun characters, I actually remember Alice. She had a major Sin fault that caused her to get a Sin based minor debuff every time she took damage, a Major Chaos trait that made it so that the type of debuff was no longer correlated to the source, a Major Madness perk that made her get increased madness power and defense for each debuff she had, a minor Fire fault that made her take scratch damage even when she dodged or blocked, and a minor Madness perk that let her have a chance to copy one debuff at random from herself to an enemy when she hit.

It made for fun builds and interactions, but you kind of had to have an exhaustive knowledge of the perks/traits/faults to make it worthwhile, and I gave it up when I realized no one would ever play it, and no one could ever DM it.

It's a strange conundrum that making game system rules is fun and satisfying, but that after investing too long without input we end up with weird janky unplayable systems, a creation whose purpose cannot be fulfilled.
Or I do anyway. :P

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114781 on: December 03, 2016, 05:53:35 am »

Ugh, so the enemy ship has variables for modules condition and script which determines random roll value and based on that removes 1 from unlucky module value, however when enemy ship collides with special test object triggering the script, its modules values all stay constant. WTF??  ???

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114782 on: December 03, 2016, 11:01:49 am »

It's not filled in completely, and I can't find the text document that tells me what all the entries. It's from a prototype I was building when FEF was becoming popular and I looked at their rock-paper-scissors combat system and thought 'you know what would make this better? Seven elements instead of three!'. So the table has seven elements, each one of those elements has sections for perks, faults, and traits, and then there's a divider to separate major and minor from the above categories.

It had some fun characters, I actually remember Alice. She had a major Sin fault that caused her to get a Sin based minor debuff every time she took damage, a Major Chaos trait that made it so that the type of debuff was no longer correlated to the source, a Major Madness perk that made her get increased madness power and defense for each debuff she had, a minor Fire fault that made her take scratch damage even when she dodged or blocked, and a minor Madness perk that let her have a chance to copy one debuff at random from herself to an enemy when she hit.

It made for fun builds and interactions, but you kind of had to have an exhaustive knowledge of the perks/traits/faults to make it worthwhile, and I gave it up when I realized no one would ever play it, and no one could ever DM it.
That sounds pretty awesome, actually. Any chance you could one day complete it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #114783 on: December 03, 2016, 11:25:52 am »

Harambe-themed fanart just got featured on the Yandere Simulator dev blog. Holy shit there is no end to this.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114784 on: December 03, 2016, 11:41:54 am »

Harambe-themed fanart just got featured on the Yandere Simulator dev blog. Holy shit there is no end to this.
I listened to a harambe tribute song earlier

I closed the browser about a minute in

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114785 on: December 03, 2016, 12:00:00 pm »

Hey guys I found a full-length Harambe fan movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc3MnoSS5Hw
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #114786 on: December 03, 2016, 12:01:09 pm »

Yesterday in the evening, when I went to brush my teeth, I found my reflection in the mirror to be "adorable". I'm usually pretty neutral about myself, so that seemed a bit weird.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114787 on: December 03, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »

You are allowed to love yourself.

Embrace those deep pools inside your eyes.
Adore the masterwork that is your head
Love the way your hands muscles and tendons connect with each other, and how the form shifts underneath.
Choose to hold your own form as the ideal others must meet.
See the people who look at you, not as bystanders, not as people in disgust, but as admirers.  Can you see them?  They envy you
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114788 on: December 03, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »

But it's covered in all this tiny stubble
And yet my appearance did get complimented occasionally, or it used to when I went out a lot.
It's wrong though...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114789 on: December 03, 2016, 12:11:16 pm »

@Rolan: What's wrong, though?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114790 on: December 03, 2016, 12:15:24 pm »

*I* don't like how my face looks.
Though sometimes I like how I dress (:
Talkin about my purple corduroy shirt.  It is warm and very academic-chic, as far as I know.  I don't know fashion, I do know it makes me feel attractive.

I also like my hair a lot.  I feel bad when I don't take proper care of it.  When I feel bad I don't take care of it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114791 on: December 03, 2016, 12:17:15 pm »

Yesterday in the evening, when I went to brush my teeth, I found my reflection in the mirror to be "adorable". I'm usually pretty neutral about myself, so that seemed a bit weird.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114792 on: December 03, 2016, 12:57:47 pm »

So piss is having issues getting wine to run.  I dont understand, can I use it to install games (like civ iv) or can I only run programs or ???
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114793 on: December 03, 2016, 01:20:13 pm »

So piss is having issues getting wine to run.  I dont understand, can I use it to install games (like civ iv) or can I only run programs or ???
You can use wine to install and run games, especially those that are listed here, but wine can be very finicky. So if your computer is beefy enough and/or your games are not too resource-intensive, you might have more luck with running them from a virtual machine instead.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7651 7652 [7653] 7654 7655 ... 11037