Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7636 7637 [7638] 7639 7640 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478281 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114555 on: November 30, 2016, 12:12:58 am »

This wtf fits in to the current offrail:
I've got a friend for a few years now. He always seemed to objectively despise religion for reasons best known to himself. So we always avoided religious discussions, ok.

Today he reveals to me that he has been confirmed. wat.

Confirmed for what? HIV positive? Scholarship? Inherited millions from a long lost relative?
Presumably into a Christian faith.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114556 on: November 30, 2016, 12:14:01 am »

I've got a friend for a few years now. He always seemed to objectively despise religion for reasons best known to himself. So we always avoided religious discussions, ok.

Confirmed for what? HIV positive? Scholarship? Inherited millions from a long lost relative?

Oh.

Was needling at the ambiguity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114557 on: November 30, 2016, 12:16:21 am »

Oh.

I figured.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114558 on: November 30, 2016, 12:17:55 am »

Oh.

Sorry, yeah, 'confirmation' is supposedly a coming of age thing. It's supposed to have high standards for entry, though nvm its a long story
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114559 on: November 30, 2016, 12:18:39 am »

Oh.

Sorry, yeah, 'confirmation' is supposedly a coming of age thing. It's supposed to have high standards for entry, though nvm its a long story
No it doesn't.

Speaking as someone who's been there and done that.

It was just this class where I basically sat there, nodded along, and ate food.  And at the end there was a ceremony.
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114560 on: November 30, 2016, 12:20:02 am »

Edit: Ooh wait. Just remembered a piece of gold that came up in youth group that proves we need to educate people about religions that aren't their own:
Budda, yeah. That's the one the Jews worship, right? The one where an apple dropped on his head.
God I about died when the kid said this.

lol

The apple dropping on his head part comes from a myth where an apple fell on Issac Newtons head and that inspired/insighted him to his laws of physics. So, how that one ended up getting mixed up with Bhudda and the Jews, I have absolutely no idea.

There was one thing or another where Bhudda sat under a tree, but I don't think any sort of fruit ever fell on his head.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114561 on: November 30, 2016, 12:20:23 am »

Someone on my Steam friend list sent me a message along the lines of, "hey u want to play".
I figured I might as well, and clicked on the game I'm friends with this from... and then Steam just completely fucking died. Didn't even just go unresponsive for ages like it usually does when it crashes, it just froze for a second, a Windows dialogue to the effect of "yep, it's fucked" popped up and Steam zooped out of there.

Fun times. I guess I'll watch another SS13 video instead. I wasn't really in the mood to play Brawlhalla anyway. :P   

Also, isn't there a religion thread still floating around the forum? Why the fuck is this discussion taking place in here?
If it ain't politics it's religion, or any number of other controversial topics. Goddamnit you guys keep it in its thread.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114562 on: November 30, 2016, 12:23:32 am »

Also, isn't there a religion thread still floating around the forum? Why the fuck is this discussion taking place in here?
If it ain't politics it's religion, or any number of other controversial topics. Goddamnit you guys keep it in its thread.

Because that's the way Bay12 derails roll. lol.

In all seriousness though, we weren't talking about anything controversial or anything particular about religion.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114563 on: November 30, 2016, 12:24:29 am »

Oh.

No it doesn't.

It was just this class where I basically sat there, nodded along, and ate food.  And at the end there was a ceremony.

Waitwaitwait. It doesn't? We were told that if we didn't go to x amount of classes, do x amount of hours of charity work in four different places (family, comunity, church, and something else), memorize 10+ bible verses, we wouldn't be able to be confirmed. We didn't even get food, you lucky bastard.

Edit: Ooh wait. Just remembered a piece of gold that came up in youth group that proves we need to educate people about religions that aren't their own:
Budda, yeah. That's the one the Jews worship, right? The one where an apple dropped on his head.

lol

The apple dropping on his head part comes from a myth where an apple fell on Issac Newtons head and that inspired/insighted him to his laws of physics. So, how that one ended up getting mixed up with Bhudda and the Jews, I have absolutely no idea.

There was one thing or another where Bhudda sat under a tree, but I don't think any sort of fruit ever fell on his head.

No, where he sat under a tree he was tempted by a sort of devil or somesuch with a number of virgins. Who if I'm remembering properly were the devil's daughters.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:27:22 am by overseer05-15 »

My game giveaway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114564 on: November 30, 2016, 12:26:14 am »

Waitwaitwait. It doesn't? We were told that if we didn't go to x amount of classes, do x amount of hours of charity work in four different places (family, comunity, church, and something else), memorize 10+ bible verses, we wouldn't be able to be confirmed. We didn't even get food, you lucky bastard.
Different church, I suppose.  Yours sounds harsh.

Then again, mine's quite possibly pretty close to outright heretical sometimes.

Which flavor of church are we talking anyway?
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114565 on: November 30, 2016, 12:28:11 am »

No it doesn't.

I suppose it varies from church to church and denomination to denomination.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114566 on: November 30, 2016, 12:31:04 am »

Also, it's spelled Buddha.
Sigtext

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114567 on: November 30, 2016, 12:32:03 am »

Catholic Christian.

And you know how I said 'long story' earlier? All that stuff I talked about was lies. We were told we had to do it, but the total number of people who were confirmed at the ceremony was more than double the whole class had ever been and nobody seemed to see an issue with that.

Also the heresy sounds interesting. Expound?

My game giveaway

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114568 on: November 30, 2016, 12:32:57 am »

lol

No, where he sat under a tree he was tempted by a sort of devil or somesuch with a number of virgins. Who if I'm remembering properly were the devil's daughters.

Sounds a heck of a lot like the Garden of Eden situation. Still though, point still stands, pretty sure Buddha never had any fruit fall on his head.

How the thing with Issac Newton got in there, I have absolutely no idea.

Also, it's spelled Buddha.

editwhiletyping: I thought it was spelled Bhudda, my mistake.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114569 on: November 30, 2016, 12:36:24 am »

Catholic Christian.

And you know how I said 'long story' earlier? All that stuff I talked about was lies. We were told we had to do it, but the total number of people who were confirmed at the ceremony was more than double the whole class had ever been and nobody seemed to see an issue with that.

Also the heresy sounds interesting. Expound?
The priest, naming no names, has said that they support gay marriage.  Much liberalism.

Also it may have been diocesan, I know mine was - had an entire cathedralfull of attendees.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7636 7637 [7638] 7639 7640 ... 11037