Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7629 7630 [7631] 7632 7633 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481110 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114450 on: November 28, 2016, 05:43:58 pm »

I can't tell if this guy is actually serious or if he's just shouting nonsense to make it on the news like his team leader did.
Oh god can we please just kill these people
I don't care if you're joking or just fed up. Murder is almost never to solution to anything, not even stupid people saying stupid things.
I'm moving this to Ameripol.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114451 on: November 28, 2016, 05:55:42 pm »

Our police has 23 mm shotgun KS  and 23 mm Tulyak pistol MADE FROM AIRCRAFT CANNONS.

Also there is civilian version of this 23 mm shotgun.

And for some reason it is banned to import in U.S during Clinton presidency, did never expect, that some weapon legal here would be illegal in U.S.

Also 23 mm rubber slug for them is named Privet!(Hello!  :) )
There's also the RSh-12, which is a revolver chambered in 12.7x55.
It looks like one of the Labor weapons from Patlabor, more suited to a mech than a human.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114452 on: November 28, 2016, 05:58:39 pm »

I can't tell if this guy is actually serious or if he's just shouting nonsense to make it on the news like his team leader did.
I don't care if you're joking or just fed up. Murder is almost never to solution to anything, not even stupid people saying stupid things.
I don't post in the Ameripol thread. Any thread that produces so many bans and locks is a dangerous place to hang around.

It's not a politics issue anyway, it's one of simple decency.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114453 on: November 28, 2016, 05:59:37 pm »

Our police has 23 mm shotgun KS  and 23 mm Tulyak pistol MADE FROM AIRCRAFT CANNONS.

Also there is civilian version of this 23 mm shotgun.

And for some reason it is banned to import in U.S during Clinton presidency, did never expect, that some weapon legal here would be illegal in U.S.

Also 23 mm rubber slug for them is named Privet!(Hello!  :) )

Shotguns hold an uncomfortable place in US firearms law. Under the National Firearms Act of 1934, guns with a barrel larger in diameter than 12.7mm are prohibited from civilian ownership. Smoothbore weapons are supposed to be exempt (in an deliberate attempt to exempt shotguns from the ban), but rifled versions are technically in violation. The ATF deals with this issue by defining the status of the weapon at the time of manufacture and ruling that changing the barrel after you buy it does not change the classification.

The KS-23 is illegal under US law because it has a rifled barrel, violating the NFA. The smoothbore TOZ-123 variant would be legal, except that the Clinton administration put firearm imports from Russia under a whitelist in an attempt to force through stricter gun control through executive order, and the TOZ-123 is not on it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114454 on: November 28, 2016, 06:22:35 pm »

I don't post in the Ameripol thread. Any thread that produces so many bans and locks is a dangerous place to hang around.

It's not a politics issue anyway, it's one of simple decency.
Decency left when Trump 'won'.

There is no decency in letting corporations run roughshod over consumers, even more than they are already.

There is no decency in committing a child to be tortured and abused because of who they want to love.

There is no decency in raping and pillaging Earth in search of more dollars in a bank account.

There is no decency in shifting our collective burden onto the backs of those the least able to bear it.

There is no decency in rampant bigotry and racism.

There is no decency in sexual abuse.

There is no decency in oppression, no matter whose side it is that's doing it.

There is no decency in so many things anymore it's a wonder we still have the term.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114455 on: November 28, 2016, 06:33:58 pm »

TheBiggerFish...

Trump won...

That means there is no racism. It was completely made up by Liberals and we know this is true because Trump won the election.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114456 on: November 28, 2016, 06:35:43 pm »

And killing people is not the way to bring decency back, assuming for just a single second that it's actually gone.

I didn't understand the "kill 'em all" mindset when Obama was in the Big Chair and I sure as hell don't understand it now. I can't fathom how killing one or two or even ten people is going to magically fix any of the underlying issues.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114457 on: November 28, 2016, 06:39:47 pm »

And killing people is not the way to bring decency back, assuming for just a single second that it's actually gone.

Didn't you watch Battle Royale? The whole competition TOTALLY fixed their delinquency problem.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114458 on: November 28, 2016, 06:42:41 pm »

Everyone dying and all of existence coming to an end would be a pretty big issue.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114459 on: November 28, 2016, 06:43:15 pm »

I'm terrified of a Trump presidency and amazed he got so many votes, but it's really just a small portion of his supporters that are actual racists, or racism-deniers, or whatever...  Most people just believed finely-crafted lies.

Anyway, if Trump dies (I still think he'll get impeached - largely by Republicans) we'll get Mike Pence, so yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114460 on: November 28, 2016, 06:48:00 pm »

There is no decency in so many things anymore it's a wonder we still have the term.
Oh, please.

Things may indeed get worse, and that is bad, but it's hardly the end of human decency. Complaining about how there's no decency anymore then turning around and saying a whole bunch of people should die... it's almost impressive how self-unaware that it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114461 on: November 28, 2016, 07:17:09 pm »

I live in Canada... Where our internet sucks due to a monopoly with our government basically handing it to them... Who once ALMOST passed a law that made unlimited internet illegal.

Yeah I am joking...

But... Welcome to Canada-style internet USA.
You guys are supposed to have *better* internet, not worse! We need something other than 'comcast is literally the least liked company in the country' to point at and get them to do more than pretend they care. We already tried the competition route, they just continue to bitch and moan about how "unfair" google fiber competition or municipal broadband is to state legislatures whenever it shows up instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114462 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »

I didn't understand the "kill 'em all" mindset when Obama was in the Big Chair and I sure as hell don't understand it now. I can't fathom how killing one or two or even ten people is going to magically fix any of the underlying issues.
You're right.  The thing is, I can't think of anything that could.
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114463 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »

I live in Canada... Where our internet sucks due to a monopoly with our government basically handing it to them... Who once ALMOST passed a law that made unlimited internet illegal.

Yeah I am joking...

But... Welcome to Canada-style internet USA.
You guys are supposed to have *better* internet, not worse! We need something other than 'comcast is literally the least liked company in the country' to point at and get them to do more than pretend they care. We already tried the competition route, they just continue to bitch and moan about how "unfair" google fiber competition or municipal broadband is to state legislatures whenever it shows up instead.

Outside Google which... is exemplary...

Nope Canada has "Third-World level Internet"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114464 on: November 28, 2016, 07:34:07 pm »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37997640

Apparently, the wrecks of several WWII warships have simply vanished from the ocean floor. Salvaging them would have required a major operation due to the depth that they were sitting at, and it seems all but impossible to have such a thing happen without being noticed.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7629 7630 [7631] 7632 7633 ... 11037