Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7621 7622 [7623] 7624 7625 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485485 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114330 on: November 26, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »

That seems perfectly sensible to me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114331 on: November 26, 2016, 03:26:16 pm »

Thats fair.  You ever put headphones on and not listen to music, just to stop people from trying to talk with you?

Being social is a chore.  Being outgoing and happy for others is hard.  Even being a pessimist or a jerk all the time is effort.
    Im usually happiest on my own.  Except when I want to go do things.  :b
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #114332 on: November 26, 2016, 04:25:54 pm »

you should be willing to share experiences.  They are who you are. 
That's just the thing. I'm not so sure that letting just anybody know who I am is what I'm comfortable with. Not because there's something wrong with being me, it's just that sometimes I just want to hang back and evaluate things a little to see if I feel like making that connection, you know? Not in a judgmental prove-your-worth-to-me-mortal sort of way - it's just that opening up is a decision I consciously make depending on moon phase, bat reproduction rates, atmospheric humidity, that sort of thing.

Consider writing stuff down in a diary personal journal. Sure helps me in terms of reflecting upon whether to disclose said stuff to certain people or not. It just isn't as good in your head as it is in a form of consistent text. If nothing else, it is sort of like bloodletting for a hypertonic in terms of helping with this sort of anxiety - does not solve the problem, but relieves the symptoms temporarily.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114333 on: November 26, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »

Goodness... Ever have someone who has blind adulation for a TV show or series?

My Sister loves Gilmore Girls...

But to the point where she cannot stand any criticism... Which is one thing. But she cannot stand any observation that doesn't fit EXACTLY with what she pictures the show to be and takes everything as if it is a criticism.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:30:19 pm by Neonivek »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114334 on: November 26, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »

I'm waaaay too paranoid to keep a journal.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114335 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »

I'm waaaay too paranoid to keep a journal.  :P

Yeah, it seems a bit silly to keep a written record of the evidence.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114336 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:49 pm »

of what?

You know what really neat?
  Keep a journal of a time.  Record at least a page every time you sit down.  Talk about mundane things or emotions.

Then read it 6 months later and wtf over what you wrote.  'When did I think this'?  'why would I feel that way'?  'Wow, do I really believe that'?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114337 on: November 26, 2016, 04:40:32 pm »

Today in the WTF thread: exhibitionist revelations, spontaneous forumite combustion and the gilmore girls.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114338 on: November 26, 2016, 05:01:40 pm »

My only contribution to this topic is that some of my political views are very right and some are very left.
This makes it very hard to find any politicians I agree with. Or people in general, for that matter. ::)

Fakeedit: Oh wait we aren't talking about that any more, okay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114339 on: November 26, 2016, 05:04:20 pm »

Well... which views are which? I ask out of curiosity, but if you feel your answer may cause a typical Bay12 explosion, it may be best to PM me :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114340 on: November 26, 2016, 05:23:40 pm »

Stepdad decided to move more stuff into my room. This time more boxes and a fuckhuge cabinet that they managed to damage on the way in, covering my floor with wood flakes. Now I have zero floor space. They claim they didn't touch any of my stuff, which is bullshit, and they may have damaged my PC fans. They're also claiming it's "temporary", and that I've no right to be angry about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114341 on: November 26, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »

I believe that some criminals have no business still having their heads attached. And why on earth would one bother with that lethal injection jiggerypokery, if it is so complicated and liable to malfunction when a guillotine would do?
I also believe that it is a ridiculous idea to mistreat and discriminate homosexuals, or indeed any other trait that does no harm whatsoever.
Further, the stability of the environment and the long-term survival of mankind is far more important than the interests of business and commerce. If it cannot be done any other way, then there is no option but to apply substainable development by force. A state, or indeed a species, cannot wait and hope for a few traces of benevolence and mercy to emerge by themselves from the corporate sector who has not shown any such signs before.
However, borders must be maintained and carefully guarded, and migrants examined and sorted, their needs and their contributions weighed and measured. The Good Thing to Do might appear to throw open the doors and aid each and every one, but that is not any help that will last at length. Disrupting and endangering your own house to aid a stranger will only harm both. If one's boat is upset because you tried to get someone else on-board, both will be wet, cold and not very likely to be grateful.

...And so on, and so on. It is quite fascinating, talking politics with someone who is firmly set down in one particular wing or party. Confusion tends to mount, and in some cases, it's a long game of "Find the Deal-Breaker".
I believe that, if anything, I am a mean old statist. If this connection to the big, mean gubbamint makes me a liberal by default or not, I cannot tell.

As for gay marriage, I'd say that it is fair for a clergyman to refuse, but it falls to the authorities concerned to find someone who will, so that the wedding still takes place. Rather like how midwives should not be forced to take part in abortion procedures, but the authorities are forced to find a replacement.
(Come to think of it, I wouldn't really have any trouble at all wedding a gay couple. If nothing else works out, I can always go to America, take to the cloth and become a travelling back-up priest.)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114342 on: November 26, 2016, 06:44:38 pm »

the only time a clergyman should be forced to perform a marriage they do not believe in is if their own church authority decides to force them, like some churches are doing. episcopals in the us. anglicans in canada. etc.

saying the left wants to make the church perform same-sex marriage has always been a falsehood, that's never been any mainstream position. only about extending the same (civil) rights to same sex couples as 'traditional' couples. most of the reason people are against civil unions is a) "separate but equal" doesn't work, and b) they are not the same thing; some rights are extended only to "marriages" and not civil unions
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:46:22 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114343 on: November 26, 2016, 06:53:32 pm »

I don't know about on a broad political level, as I've never really paid much heed to that particular discussion, but in terms of general person-to-person discussion the concept of the "right of marriage" was expressed an awful lot.

Perhaps I was only working with a small, non representational group.

If so, then I don't really care about the issue. It means nothing to me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114344 on: November 26, 2016, 07:52:51 pm »

Having the right to marry doesn't mean you have the right to marry at a specific venue.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7621 7622 [7623] 7624 7625 ... 11037