Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7609 7610 [7611] 7612 7613 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489242 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114150 on: November 24, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »

Reddit is shit, I'm shocked.

Heh, I hope they just lash back and shut down r/The_Donald outright (eeyyyyyy), not because I think we should punch fascists or some dumb shit like that, but just to watch the ragestorm. I remember when r/FatPeopleHate was burst like a pustule all over the site.

Come on, Reddit admins. Cut the nose to spite the face. 2016 isn't dead yet!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114151 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:04 pm »

So. Uh.

In the course of some drama I don't really give a shit about, the Reddit CEO admitted to shadow-editing user posts because "it's been a long week" (on Wednesday).
--Nah--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114152 on: November 24, 2016, 07:15:51 pm »

Breaking news: Reddit is cancer
Breaking news: cancer is cancer
Tbh surprised it actually had credibility left to kill

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114153 on: November 24, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

Reddit is shit, I'm shocked.

Heh, I hope they just lash back and shut down r/The_Donald outright (eeyyyyyy), not because I think we should punch fascists or some dumb shit like that, but just to watch the ragestorm. I remember when r/FatPeopleHate was burst like a pustule all over the site.

Come on, Reddit admins. Cut the nose to spite the face. 2016 isn't dead yet!
That's the best part. They don't understand the concept of containment boards, so they smear the cancer all over everything. /pol/ exists for a reason, and it's not because people want them to feel comfy and in good company.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114154 on: November 24, 2016, 09:05:24 pm »

Oh, I agree. It's a big part of why I'm pissed at the SJW crowd: we had the far right damn near drawn and quartered in a lot of the world, then they came in and simultaneously split the left and gave the right genuinely objectionable authoritarian targets to build a platform around.

To each their own -- I take the opposite stance. I'm far more concerned by creepy thought-policing authoritarian fuckwits trying to subvert the left and sell it to the neoliberal corporate bloc than I am with the fascist remnants precisely because the latter are nigh-universally reviled and thoroughly discredited. Literally the only thing keeping the alt-right cohesive is the fact that they have a visible and genuinely reprehensible enemy, and that that same enemy is busy purging genuine progressives and driving out large chunks of the leftist alliance. It's the exact same shit we were laughing about a few years back when this happened to the right, the base being fractured by a bunch of selfish tools out to get theirs.

That's why I focus on peeling away the SJW bullshit: as soon as people stop taking them seriously we can take the alt-right out at the knees and continue making headway. Every new generation of children should be another generation that doesn't care (as) much about the divisions of the past, but instead we have historically and politically ignorant ideologues teaching children to treat each other differently because of race and sex. >.>

Pretty typical, actually. The left was carefully edging the pie of social and economic liberation off of the windowsill when the alt-left ran up, shouted "MINE!", and smashed the pie into their face. In this metaphor the alt-right are the swarm of wasps that followed.

Uh. Maybe Thanksgiving has something to do with the pie.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114155 on: November 24, 2016, 09:09:58 pm »

I mean, I spent part of this Thanksgiving literally biting my tongue while my paranoid grandmother ranted about how the government is letting men in dresses rape women by passing laws letting them go into bathrooms, so maybe?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114156 on: November 24, 2016, 09:14:58 pm »

I mean, I spent part of this Thanksgiving literally biting my tongue while my paranoid grandmother ranted about how the government is letting men in dresses rape women by passing laws letting them go into bathrooms, so maybe?

What a specific fear. Why would the "men in dresses" be specializing in bathroom rape?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114157 on: November 24, 2016, 09:18:59 pm »

Is she worried about women in pants?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114158 on: November 24, 2016, 10:14:08 pm »

Apparently, I'm gonna have a niece?
I still don't know how to do this thing?
The fuuuuuuck? :> :? :U

That makes me an Aunt, I guess.
Or, being one of them Deviants, whatever the hell the general term for the sibling of the parent of a child would be?
Why is there no well-established, non-gendered generic word for this relationship, the way we have "Cousin" or "Child" or "Parent"?
Honestly, English. I'm disappointed.
Get on it, people!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114159 on: November 24, 2016, 10:18:16 pm »

Apparently someone out there is trying to shanghai "ommer", if google is anything to go by.

Though so long as you're not the one doing the maintenance work, you mostly just make funny noises and faces at it for a few years, maybe dangle shiny things in front of 'em. Not much to it.

E: And by that point you'll probably have been able to spend enough time around the spawners to figure out both a general outline of behavior as well as pointed examples of what not to do, and go from there.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:22:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114160 on: November 24, 2016, 10:19:31 pm »

@Caroline:

TERFs, at least, are very real.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Trans-exclusionary_radical_feminism

And I don't know about being able to "take the hits" here. Gays, lesbians, and especially trans people, especially especially trans people who don't pass, are still discriminated against, beaten, and murdered in the USA. Discrimination and racism against POC is still a thing as well (and trans women of color are far more likely to be killed than white transwomen). There are places that are friendlier than others, though, and maybe that's not the case where you live.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #114161 on: November 24, 2016, 10:21:15 pm »

Or, being one of them Deviants, whatever the hell the general term for the sibling of the parent of a child would be?
Why is there no well-established, non-gendered generic word for this relationship, the way we have "Cousin" or "Child" or "Parent"?
Get on it, people!
Captain. The word is Captain. Captain Solifuge.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114162 on: November 24, 2016, 10:30:13 pm »

Get on it, people!
Alternatively, if someone from the military decides to get pedantic: Citizen Solifuge.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114163 on: November 24, 2016, 10:37:29 pm »

Oh my fucking god, YES PLEASE. *acquires Nautical Hat for niece-watching and funny-face-making duties*

Alternatively, if someone from the military decides to get pedantic: Citizen Solifuge.

No way! They'll have to lead a Mutiny before I give up title. My new and also unquestionably best familial title ever.

Apparently someone out there is trying to shanghai "ommer", if google is anything to go by.

Though so long as you're not the one doing the maintenance work, you mostly just make funny noises and faces at it for a few years, maybe dangle shiny things in front of 'em. Not much to it.

I'm already my brother and sister-in-law's go to pet-sitter, and the expecting parents themselves said I'm getting stuck babysitting sooner or later.

How does one Sit a Baby, and still be a fun cool Captain Nommer or whatever for my wee niece? Do I get them hooked on good books and classy indie games, and give them chocolate and let them stay up late and watch scary movies and stuff?

This new responsibility is exciting and terrifying!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114164 on: November 24, 2016, 10:51:39 pm »

Oh my fucking god, YES PLEASE. *acquires Nautical Hat for niece-watching and funny-face-making duties*

No way! They'll have to lead a Mutiny before I give up title. My new and also unquestionably best familial title ever.

I'm already my brother and sister-in-law's go to pet-sitter, and the expecting parents themselves said I'm getting stuck babysitting sooner or later.

How does one Sit a Baby, and still be a fun cool Captain Nommer or whatever for my wee niece? Do I get them hooked on good books and classy indie games, and give them chocolate and let them stay up late and watch scary movies and stuff?

This new responsibility is exciting and terrifying!

Your primary directive is to teach swear words. Everything else is secondary.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7609 7610 [7611] 7612 7613 ... 11037