Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7592 7593 [7594] 7595 7596 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488484 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113895 on: November 19, 2016, 11:11:50 pm »

...my go-to site for cheap Chinese knock-off clothing...shipping is free to Australia...
Whoa. Apparently this site doesn't just offer free shipping on clothing, they'll even send you shit like backpacks and folding shovels for free as well. ???
WTF indeed. And this stuff is all really cheap, too, assuming it isn't incredibly low quality. How??

Edit: Also stuff like hammocks, multitools, camping kettles, tomahawks, boots, tactical whips (WTF?) tents, bamboo truncheons and generally enough cliché military gear to dress yourself up like a PMC videogame baddie for your MGS cosplay or whatever. All of this seems to somehow have free shipping.
Although I'm fairly certain the customs authorities of most countries would object to China sending you tomahawks and tactical knives.   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:18:02 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113896 on: November 19, 2016, 11:51:30 pm »

...my go-to site for cheap Chinese knock-off clothing...shipping is free to Australia...
Whoa. Apparently this site doesn't just offer free shipping on clothing, they'll even send you shit like backpacks and folding shovels for free as well. ???
WTF indeed. And this stuff is all really cheap, too, assuming it isn't incredibly low quality. How??

Edit: Also stuff like hammocks, multitools, camping kettles, tomahawks, boots, tactical whips (WTF?) tents, bamboo truncheons and generally enough cliché military gear to dress yourself up like a PMC videogame baddie for your MGS cosplay or whatever. All of this seems to somehow have free shipping.
Although I'm fairly certain the customs authorities of most countries would object to China sending you tomahawks and tactical knives.   

Sting operation?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113897 on: November 20, 2016, 12:33:28 am »

Maybe. I'm kind of tempted to buy a pair of goggles from them... maybe a jacket, too... I'm pretty sure those are legal.

Also, was Bay12 down for a bit for anyone else just before?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113898 on: November 20, 2016, 12:38:19 am »

yup

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113899 on: November 20, 2016, 12:42:10 am »

I've got ~273 tabs on Firefox. Holy shit I need to do some spring cleaning.

Yeah.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113900 on: November 20, 2016, 01:19:55 am »

Yep.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113901 on: November 20, 2016, 01:50:50 am »

Huh. Yeah, I guess there's a lot of bad behavior being encouraged, on both sides. If people are self-educating on How To Relationship based on VNs and stuff... probs a good idea to not do that.
Think it was well noted more than once by a few folks around here that by and large media (games, movies, books, whatever, all of it) romance in general basically translates in real life to borderline or outright psychopathy, or things of similar states of extremis. End up in jail level stuff, often enough. If you're patterning your relationship off of anything made for entertainment (or gods forbid some kind of high literature thing; the vast majority of the great works that involve the subject are worse on that front than the average bodice ripper, and those are not good on that front.) things are probably going to go wrong somewhere. Moreso than is inevitable, anyway.

Really, it partially explains why so many relationships are dysfunctional to one extent or another. There are vanishingly few good examples in human culture, and even many of the better ones are pretty sketchy. Happy and/or realistically functional relationships just don't seem to make good stories, or at least content creators don't think they do or can't manage the making.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #113902 on: November 20, 2016, 02:53:02 am »

Due to unforseen circumstances, I am doing shots of dr pepper with a stuffed Eevee in the bathroom of the hotel im staying at

I am trying to guess at those circumstances, but coming up blank.

Keep on rocking, you interesting person.

Sorry for not posting, wifi issues and such.  Anyhoo, the circumstances are that I was playing cards against humanity on a band trip in Chicago th march in the 'Magnificent Mile' and we saw the Blue Man Group perform. All well and good.  In Crads against humanity there is a white cdar 'Getting hilariously gang banged by the Blue Man Group" and WE GOT A BLUE MAN TO FINGERPRINT IT AND IT WAS GREAT ANDGGDUFXUGXHXFXHFWHSFCIGCJ

also it was cherry dr pepper
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113903 on: November 20, 2016, 03:18:30 am »

Huh. Yeah, I guess there's a lot of bad behavior being encouraged, on both sides. If people are self-educating on How To Relationship based on VNs and stuff... probs a good idea to not do that.
Think it was well noted more than once by a few folks around here that by and large media (games, movies, books, whatever, all of it) romance in general basically translates in real life to borderline or outright psychopathy, or things of similar states of extremis. End up in jail level stuff, often enough. If you're patterning your relationship off of anything made for entertainment (or gods forbid some kind of high literature thing; the vast majority of the great works that involve the subject are worse on that front than the average bodice ripper, and those are not good on that front.) things are probably going to go wrong somewhere. Moreso than is inevitable, anyway.

Really, it partially explains why so many relationships are dysfunctional to one extent or another. There are vanishingly few good examples in human culture, and even many of the better ones are pretty sketchy. Happy and/or realistically functional relationships just don't seem to make good stories, or at least content creators don't think they do or can't manage the making.

I think Meredith Gran's webcomic, Octopus Pie, handles it's relationships pretty well, and portrays the problems some people have relationship-wise in a realistic and sympathetic way. The theme of the whole series is basically "How To Adult", so it makes sense.

But yeah. We really need more media that portrays healthy human behavior. Or at least portrays the screw ups and mistakes people make as what they are. Like it or not, media affects the way people see the world, and affects their judgement pretty much the same way that second-hand experiences do, on a psychological level.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113904 on: November 20, 2016, 03:26:58 am »

Quote from: ATI article
...as many as 200 million AK-47s exist around the world — around one gun per 35 people.
Link to the article. That seems like a lot, mang.
Obviously they're spread out and concentrated in certain areas, but, man, that numerical comparison really drives home the sheer number of them.
That's like... several times the number of current-gen consoles that have sold worldwide. Whoa.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113905 on: November 20, 2016, 05:50:46 am »

Considering that the things are literally being made in caves out of boxes of scrap, that isn't all that surprising.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113906 on: November 20, 2016, 09:51:38 am »

Quote from: ATI article
...as many as 200 million AK-47s exist around the world — around one gun per 35 people.
Link to the article.
That article is wrong. There is no such thing as AK-47. It's AK. And then you have AKM. And AK-74 (which, is a thing) The AK-101, AK-103, AK-107, AK-12 and so on. The specialized versions like RPKs, RPKMs, PSLs and Bizons. Vityaz. Saigas. Groza. The AKMSU and AKS-74U. Tiss. The majority of Project Abakan guns, as they were still based on the good old AK but with modern shit slapped on it. Tens of local versions, the 5 Polish  versions of KBK, Czech Vzs, the Zastavas, various Asian Types, Vepr, Galil, Vektor, Valmets and Sako, the Finnish ones.
That's only the official ones. If we were to count ALL the AKs made then there would be millions of unlicensed guns that were literally made in caves out of boxes of scraps, the Russian (or Chinese) "missing" production that got "lost" during the Cold War. I've heard an anecdote that before the AK the weapon that had the highest number of confirmed (so, the artillery doesn't count, and even then not all artillery guns were the same) kills belonged to Roman Gladius.
AK, is truly, The Gun.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113908 on: November 20, 2016, 09:59:00 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7592 7593 [7594] 7595 7596 ... 11037