Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7591 7592 [7593] 7594 7595 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487779 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113880 on: November 19, 2016, 09:10:37 pm »

I've got an M65 vest
I googled that, and it seems like an M65 jacket is almost the dream jacket I've been searching for, but I want one with elastic cuffs. :-\
Now you've prompted me to begin my quest anew. One day I will find a nice, light, army green military-style jacket, with a relaxed broad collar and elastic cuffs. One day. And I might even be able to afford it, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113881 on: November 19, 2016, 09:13:12 pm »

Also why is it that if your in a horror setting... suddenly everyone loses the ability to talk and/or act like a human freeken being?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113882 on: November 19, 2016, 09:23:25 pm »

I know it is a stringed instrument and I know it is... and I hate to put it this way... Sounds REALLY Asian... It also sounds pitch corrected even when played normally :P
Pretty sure I know the one you mean. There was this eldery man who would busk with it in the city I lived in before.
Sounded quite hauntingly beautiful and all that. Might have been called a klon or something? I know I used to know the name, let me consult Google.

Edit: Oh, it looks like it might have been the erhu after all. I don't know shit.
Are you sure it wasn't one of those that you heard?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:25:07 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113883 on: November 19, 2016, 09:24:43 pm »

I googled that, and it seems like an M65 jacket is almost the dream jacket I've been searching for, but I want one with elastic cuffs. :-\
Now you've prompted me to begin my quest anew. One day I will find a nice, light, army green military-style jacket, with a relaxed broad collar and elastic cuffs. One day. And I might even be able to afford it, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.
I don't know about the broadness of the collar, but most of the modern M65 jackets have cuffs that you can tighten by yourself. Not elastic cuffs, but it works in colder weather AND in warmer too! Most of them also have removeable warmer insterts, a hoodie hidden in the collar and so on. They're pretty expensive though, but holy shit that is THE JACKET. Pockets everywhere, pockets on outside, pockets on inside, perfect for both warmer and colder weather and it looks fucking cool. Fuck gloves, fuck pants, fuck shoes, I want one.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113884 on: November 19, 2016, 09:30:08 pm »

Man I really like this one Asian instrument but for the life of me I don't know what it is...

The only ones I know are like a Sitar and a Erhu...

I know it is a stringed instrument and I know it is... and I hate to put it this way... Sounds REALLY Asian... It also sounds pitch corrected even when played normally :P
It could be a koto? That's what I think about when I hear "really Asian string instrument".

---
And holy hell, Alpha Industries makes the sexiest M65 knockoff I have ever seen. Too bad it runs up to 12000R + 5000R for the liner, for a total of, like, $262? I guess? I can't pay that much for a coat right now (damn shame, though).
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113885 on: November 19, 2016, 09:33:13 pm »

Also why is it that if your in a horror setting... suddenly everyone loses the ability to talk and/or act like a human freeken being?

Because they're afraid? I mean, panic does that to a person.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113886 on: November 19, 2016, 09:39:33 pm »

That is a thing, but more often it tends to be bad writing about the DANGER OF MOB PANIC and a MONSTER INSIDE to contrast the MONSTER OUTSIDE.

We fused Jason Voorhees, animatronic stuffed animals, and the Xenomorph in order to create the most horrifying creature of all....HUMANS!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113887 on: November 19, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »

That is a thing, but more often it tends to be bad writing about the DANGER OF MOB PANIC and a MONSTER INSIDE to contrast the MONSTER OUTSIDE.

We fused Jason Voorhees, animatronic stuffed animals, and the Xenomorph in order to create the most horrifying creature of all....HUMANS!

No it is usually just plain bad writing.

Two people at their well lit home... speaking in hushed creepy tones.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113888 on: November 19, 2016, 09:52:00 pm »

It could be a koto? That's what I think about when I hear "really Asian string instrument".
Hmm, I think that's the half-remembered word I was trying to think of when I said "klon". :P

I don't know about the broadness of the collar, but most of the modern M65 jackets have cuffs that you can tighten by yourself. Not elastic cuffs, but it works in colder weather AND in warmer too! Most of them also have removeable warmer insterts, a hoodie hidden in the collar and so on. They're pretty expensive though, but holy shit that is THE JACKET. Pockets everywhere, pockets on outside, pockets on inside, perfect for both warmer and colder weather and it looks fucking cool. Fuck gloves, fuck pants, fuck shoes, I want one.
Very nice, although I've had similar big military jackets in the past already.
I love 'em, certainly, and my current favourite jacket spawned from a similar kind of garment, but I'm specifically looking for a slightly more casual kind of deal to wear in different situations. Elastic cuffs and hem would be best, and preferably made from material so light it would tear if a bee farted on it- I can always wear stuff underneath it if I actually need to keep warm, after all.

Something like this or this would probably be pretty good, but the first one's collar is rather unsatisfactory and I would have to remove the badges from the second one.
By the way, I found those jackets on my go-to site for cheap Chinese knock-off clothing, 'Aliexpress.com'. I'm not exactly confident in recommending the site as I haven't used it too much, but the site works fairly well and seems legit, and when I bought a pair of zebra pants from them years ago (don't ask what possessed me to buy zebra pants) they showed up fine.

Also, shipping is free to Australia, which is the main bonus, really. They have a few imitation M65 jackets, if you're interested.
I know they aren't the real deal, but maybe one could tide you over 'til you can get your hands on an authentic/better quality M65. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113889 on: November 19, 2016, 09:56:49 pm »

I'm not in Australia.
Or America. Or anywhere that's relevant. I will get M65 off the Polish military shit store because since it's so niche there is like one that actually counts. They have quite a selection too, like 6 different versions at different prices and qualities.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113890 on: November 19, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »

Relevant.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113891 on: November 19, 2016, 10:04:18 pm »

I'm not in Australia.
Or America. Or anywhere that's relevant.
Wait, since when is Australia "relevant"?! ???

Anyway, I just checked and apparently they offer free shipping to Poland, too. Just sayin'.
I understand the desire to have an official one, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113892 on: November 19, 2016, 10:07:34 pm »

I don't think that's an official one either, but I already plan to get more stuff off them so might as well buy more stuff together. Also, no need to worry about shitty state of PLN.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113893 on: November 19, 2016, 10:13:19 pm »

Horror may be one of my favorite genres but I am a HUUUUGE horror wimp.

The only horror game, for example, I ever beat (that I bought) was Phantasmagoria and only because someone basically forced me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113894 on: November 19, 2016, 10:17:53 pm »

I guess if there is one thing to say about Dating Sims...

Is that even though you are manipulating them into liking you and only saying what they want in order to get into their pants (or worse because they will instill terrible vengeance into you)

The dates tend to be unpleasable types who will jump down your throat for the slightest provocation.

Huh. Yeah, I guess there's a lot of bad behavior being encouraged, on both sides. If people are self-educating on How To Relationship based on VNs and stuff... probs a good idea to not do that.

Like, the worst kind of relationship is one where you're stuck walking on eggshells all the time for fear of setting your partner off. Where you're generally discouraged from being honest, and from talking about things openly, and rather are expected to be Perfect in the view of a partner. None of that is healthy stuff. Neither is the way it encourages people to subsume their personality to conform to the preferences of another! :I

I'm not enough of an aficionado to know if it's been done, but some day it'd be cool to see a dating-type game built around being open and honest about faults, dedicated to getting to know someone and being known yourself, and trying to make a relationship work despite the difficulties. Or even about the choice of whether or not to keep working at it, despite the difficulties and the bittersweet nature of adult relationships. Can't promise it'd be an exciting story or even a good game, but it'd be engaging and a change of pace.

Pages: 1 ... 7591 7592 [7593] 7594 7595 ... 11037