Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7553 7554 [7555] 7556 7557 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491039 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113310 on: November 12, 2016, 03:44:34 pm »

You mean a sitcom about an indepth, broad-spectrum topic is'nt 100% accurate?

Next you'll tell me CSI crime dramas arent 100% accurate

No, a sitcom that isn't funny... isn't funny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113311 on: November 12, 2016, 04:12:45 pm »

Harry Potter is garbage. Laugh tracks are annoying as hell. Shows have to be really good to get away with having a laugh track, in my opinion.
I generally much prefer dry comedy, where you might even occasionally miss a subtle joke or a barbed comment if you don't have your wits about you. With laugh tracks, even if the writing is brilliant and a clever joke goes over your head, you still get whacked in the face with it whether you got it or not and can laugh along anyway if you so choose.

Seinfeld, Black Books and Fawlty Towers are a few that have a laugh track and are still good off the top of my head.     
I'm sure there are others. I just woke up, it's too hard to brain right now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113312 on: November 12, 2016, 04:19:28 pm »

I like Black Books too!
I don't think laugh tracks really enhance it, but they're less annoying than in Red Dwarf for example.  A show I really enjoyed (dunno how it's aged, my brother says its still great though).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113313 on: November 12, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »

Yeah, some shows are much worse than others.
And obviously you can't just yank the laugh tracks out of shows that have them- they generally leave space for the laughter between lines, so you'd be left with a lot of awkward silence. :P

...Now I'm watching Fawlty Towers on Youtube. I only intended to have a quick glance to remind myself whether it had a laugh track or not. Damnit. Oh, it's a good show alright. The laugh track actually seems fairly minimal compared to most shows with one, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113314 on: November 12, 2016, 05:16:59 pm »

Fawlty Towers is most definitly one of the better series of it's place and time.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #113315 on: November 12, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »

That moment when you update a game, and all of the players were last online 15 minutes ago.

Ugh. My timing is always terrible.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #113316 on: November 12, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113317 on: November 12, 2016, 08:07:43 pm »

It's 2 AM.
I just spend like 2 hours (admitelly, I lost a hour of it by accident but eh) writing a random dude on the Internet about various Slavic supernatural beings and I feel like I didin't even barely scratch the subject.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #113318 on: November 12, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »

I've spent literally days just reading wikipedia pages on supernatural beings of various European cultures. You're not trying hard enough. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113319 on: November 12, 2016, 08:17:17 pm »

Meh, do you think this is the first time I'm doing this? I have books on the subject, books. Who reads books these days anymore?!?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113320 on: November 12, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »

Meh, do you think this is the first time I'm doing this? I have books on the subject, books. Who reads books these days anymore?!?

What is this "reading" you speak of?
Sounds like some nerd shit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113321 on: November 12, 2016, 08:22:08 pm »

Sounds like some nerd shit.
Ancient knowledge. Slavic magic.

Also,
wikipedia pages
English Wikipedia is complete shit when it comes to Slavic mythology, tbh. 3/6 of it is missing, 2/6 is wrong, 1/6 is only taking Russians into account and the rest (Sic!) is actually worth a damn because it's ripped out of The Witcher. The third game is literally better at it than any English source I can think of.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113322 on: November 12, 2016, 08:31:58 pm »

Harry Potter is great.

FTFY
You, I'll deal with you later.
Right now, I have a more pressing WTF: went into a department store to buy an SD card, only to find that they didn't have any self-serve checkouts. None. What the hell? This isn't a small department store, either, it's a large chain. Still nothing but (wo)manned checkouts. What year is it? WHAT FUCKING YEAR IS IT?
Booze is Life for Yoink

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113323 on: November 12, 2016, 08:35:04 pm »

2008, just like every other crazy day. This year, man. I can't believe Trump actually beat Obama.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113324 on: November 12, 2016, 09:04:02 pm »

Harry Potter is great.

FTFY
You, I'll deal with you later.
Right now, I have a more pressing WTF: went into a department store to buy an SD card, only to find that they didn't have any self-serve checkouts. None. What the hell? This isn't a small department store, either, it's a large chain. Still nothing but (wo)manned checkouts. What year is it? WHAT FUCKING YEAR IS IT?

Maybe they like paying cashiers instead of robots? Hey. It's their choice if they want to maintain jobs or replace them with machines which don't buy goods, pay taxes, etc.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 7553 7554 [7555] 7556 7557 ... 11037