Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7515 7516 [7517] 7518 7519 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479703 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112740 on: November 06, 2016, 01:32:28 pm »

Yesterday as I was taking a walk, I slipped on some snow and landed on the hard stone pavement.
The pain didn't last long, the spot is beginning to feel rather sore now, a day after. Weird how the body works.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112741 on: November 06, 2016, 01:33:12 pm »

wut, isn't this the Wrongly Titled Food thread?
It might be if The Beast keeps fuckin' with the subject line. ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112742 on: November 06, 2016, 01:48:38 pm »

You're exactly the kind of person we institutionalize in a modern society.
To a fair extent, yes, but not because of what I do to food. Don't knock it 'till y'tried it and all that. Not applicable to everything but it's a pretty fair ethos for cookin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112743 on: November 06, 2016, 01:49:24 pm »

Ugh, accidently break everything in code during tutorial and cant even figure out, what is going wrong aswell  :(
Programming Thread is helpful!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112744 on: November 06, 2016, 02:08:16 pm »

After another automatic update my desktop is all out of order. I am not impressed
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112745 on: November 06, 2016, 03:37:08 pm »

You're exactly the kind of person we institutionalize in a modern society.
To a fair extent, yes, but not because of what I do to food. Don't knock it 'till y'tried it and all that. Not applicable to everything but it's a pretty fair ethos for cookin'.
I ate banana ketchup but there are just some things you don't do. You don't go outside and murder people and you don't eat pasta with ketchup... or mashed potatoes with kechup which I actually tried due to insane kitchen cooks in my previous school.

I must say corn flakes with Coca-Cola are 11/10, though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112746 on: November 06, 2016, 04:17:10 pm »

Re: Mashed Potatoes and Ketchup: Cheese and meat (crumbled sausage is a strong contender), probably a bit of pepper, maybe some bacon bits if you don't have actual bacon. On their own it's kinda' eh, but you can mash some other stuff up in it and things start complementing more. Still not terribly good, exactly (BBQ sauce comes out much better, especially the sweeter varieties), but it's pretty edible.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #112747 on: November 06, 2016, 04:21:46 pm »

I've noticed there was a power plug in the corner of my room next to my desk. I've been here for over a year and I've only noticed this just now.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112748 on: November 06, 2016, 04:51:59 pm »

Holy shit, if you thought Peking's code red for smog last year was bad..

In Delhi, India, all schools have been closed for at least 3 days, all construction projects halted for at least 5 days, a coal plant shut down, and the government is spraying the roads with water, because the level of fine dust particles PM2.5 (the size that is small enough to penetrate deep into the lungs) has reached the end of the measuring devices' scale at 999 microgrammes per cubic meter. It could be higher, but authorities are unable to measure that.

For an idea how bad that is: it is over 90x the amount that is considered hazardous by the World Heatlh Organisation, and 15x the maximum amount that the Indian government considers hazardous. In comparison, the Peking code red event had a PM2.5 of 500 microgrammes per cubic meter.

My newspaper's article features a nice photograph of the smog.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/scholen-delhi-sluiten-wegens-smog-vervuiling-nauwelijks-nog-te-meten~a4410024/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112749 on: November 06, 2016, 04:55:16 pm »

clean coal is the future of energy independence
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112750 on: November 06, 2016, 04:56:05 pm »

I was kind of puzzled by how intelligible I found dutch at some points despite not speaking dutch

De smog is zo dik dat de stad in een soort zwarte mist is gehuld
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112751 on: November 06, 2016, 04:58:34 pm »

I was kind of puzzled by how intelligible I found dutch at some points despite not speaking dutch

De smog is zo dik dat de stad in een soort zwarte mist is gehuld

"The smog is so thick that the city in a kind of black mist is clouded"
Dutch has the verb at the end (in this case, it would also be correct dutch to say '...de stad is gehuld in een zwarte mist'), but yeah, there's lot of similarities between the languages.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:02:02 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112752 on: November 06, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »

As they say, Dutch is just English spoken by a fan of German who drank too much Belgian alcohol.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112753 on: November 06, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »

No, english is just medieval dutch that got screwed by the French.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112754 on: November 06, 2016, 05:03:06 pm »

Who hasn't been screwed by the French?  :-*
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7515 7516 [7517] 7518 7519 ... 11037