Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7493 7494 [7495] 7496 7497 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482906 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112410 on: November 01, 2016, 01:15:03 pm »

That's high school for you. Keep in mind, 14-year olds don't have finished brains but have enough to think they're people. His idiocy will, two years from now, be posted on reddit as an eternally remembered cringe moment.

Do not become the guy who broke somebody's nose over a fun-sized snickers bar. Just pettily deny him even the smallest service or benefit of the doubt for the rest of your life and don't tell him why, problem solved!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #112411 on: November 01, 2016, 01:17:33 pm »

A person is (figuratively) only as big as things that bother them. Just let it go, man, it's a bloody fun-sized snickers. It's the reaction bullies get from their victims that keeps them going.

Alternatively, fuck him up in some parking lot, establish dominance.

Ninja'd by MSH
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112412 on: November 01, 2016, 02:09:12 pm »

Well, snickers ARE the best of candy you can get during Halloween. 

The house that gives out even fun size snickers bars should be treasured and noted on your Halloween treasure map that you hide in the secret compartment in your wall for use next year.   Stealing a snickers is akin to cold blooded murder.  Stealing a fun size is equivalent to a violent mugging.

Thus you know the answer.   32 hammerings.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112413 on: November 01, 2016, 02:10:44 pm »

What about Twix?

Or those miniature Hershey bars...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112414 on: November 01, 2016, 02:12:51 pm »

@Grieger
Nuh-uh Milky Ways are better.
(jk it's just whether you prefer crunch or melt)

What about Twix?

Or those miniature Hershey bars...
Today I learned that if you quote a post, and it has been edited, your quote has the edited version instead of what you saw.  Which makes sense from a programming standpoint, the code is running on the server not your browser instance.

also twix are crunchy enough to be a separate category so I like them.
I may be biased against caramel.
I mean
Caramel is intrinsically terrible and everyone who likes it is bad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112415 on: November 01, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »

@Rolan:Oi...  :(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112416 on: November 01, 2016, 02:15:15 pm »

Twix
Those do rank up quite high.  But nothing dethrones the king of candy the snickers bar.

Snickers> Reeses> Twix> 3 Musketeers> Smarties> Jolly ranchers> Skittles> .... > Live worms > licorice> Candy corn

EDIT: I forgot tootsie rolls.  They actually vary.  If your haul includes a lot of chocolate they tend to slide down the scale, otherwise they slide up.  Usually above jolly ranchers but below twix.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:25:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112417 on: November 01, 2016, 02:20:02 pm »

Milk has no place in tea.
Milk has no place in tea

For that matter, I find blends of tea with stuff to be offensive as well. When I want to drink peppermint I'll infuse peppermint thank you very much. Keep it out of my tea in the meanwhile.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:21:34 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #112418 on: November 01, 2016, 02:23:37 pm »

Today I learned that if you quote a post, and it has been edited, your quote has the edited version instead of what you saw.  Which makes sense from a programming standpoint, the code is running on the server not your browser instance.
Wait what? That's not how the forum works at all. When you "quote" a post literally all you are doing is providing some formatting code that wraps around normal old text (which the quote button is kind enough to copy+paste for you from the original post at the time that you click the button). It's why I can do things like this:
I think that candy bars with caramel in them are the best things ever.
despite what you may have actually posted at the given time linked by the quote. Quoting literally just wraps the text that I typed into the post window with a formatted author attribution and a given link to a specific post that may or may not match what the quote window contains. (This is also the reason why some people ask you not to quote them, because any later edits or cleanups that they do on their previous posts do not echo out into any quoted copies of said posts).

The only case you'd ever pick up the changes made in a post for a quote is if the person's edit went in after you clicked the "quote" button, but before the "edit post" page had actually finished loading.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112419 on: November 01, 2016, 02:25:33 pm »

Twix
Those do rank up quite high.  But nothing dethrones the king of candy the snickers bar.

Snickers> Reeses> Twix> 3 Musketeers> Smarties> Jolly ranchers> Skittles> .... > Live worms > licorice> Candy corn
Snickers are amazing, tis true, but Take 5 have dethroned them. Shame they don't really come in fun-sized form  :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112420 on: November 01, 2016, 02:28:55 pm »

The only case you'd ever pick up the changes made in a post for a quote is if the person's edit went in after you clicked the "quote" button, but before the "edit post" page had actually finished loading.
Nope.  I hit reply before TBF made an edit, then I hit quote after that edit.  The text in the quote didn't match what I saw in the thread-summary under my post, it had the added text.

The more you know~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #112421 on: November 01, 2016, 02:30:01 pm »

Wait what? That's not how the forum works at all. When you "quote" a post literally all you are doing is providing some formatting code that wraps around normal old text (which the quote button is kind enough to copy+paste for you from the original post at the time that you click the button). It's why I can do things like this:
I think that candy bars with caramel in them are the best things ever.
despite what you may have actually posted at the given time linked by the quote. Quoting literally just wraps the text that I typed into the post window with a formatted author attribution and a given link to a specific post that may or may not match what the quote window contains. (This is also the reason why some people ask you not to quote them, because any later edits or cleanups that they do on their previous posts do not echo out into any quoted copies of said posts).

The situation he's talking about is when he sees something down below the post window, and hits the insert quote button while writing post. Any changes made to the quoted message AFTER he clicked 'post reply' but before he clicked 'insert quote' would then show up in the quote that the server gives him, which WILL NOT be the same as the message that he can scroll down and look at while writing.

I'm 80% sure on that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112422 on: November 01, 2016, 02:31:33 pm »

Milk has no place in tea

For that matter, I find blends of tea with stuff to be offensive as well. When I want to drink peppermint I'll infuse peppermint thank you very much. Keep it out of my tea in the meanwhile.
My friend, my bro, my dude, my buddy ol' pal.

I will sip my milk tea while everyone you have ever loved screams in vain, and add in just a little sprig of thyme as the light leaves their eyes forever.

Your transgressions have been tolerated for long enough.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #112423 on: November 01, 2016, 02:35:00 pm »

Damn tea drinkers, they ruin tea.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112424 on: November 01, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »

Twix

Snickers are amazing, tis true, but Take 5 have dethroned them. Shame they don't really come in fun-sized form  :(
I think snickers and twix are both disgusting and would put them below candy corn and some types of licorice.

I've never had a take five but looking it up, it looks disgusting.
Pages: 1 ... 7493 7494 [7495] 7496 7497 ... 11037