Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7487 7488 [7489] 7490 7491 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481445 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112320 on: October 30, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »

So it turns out Heinlein's "Number of The Beast" was a piss take.
I had suspected that was the case.
It was certainly a book.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112321 on: October 30, 2016, 09:19:25 pm »

Getting into Twitch. Hearing people call out my (screen)name on a livestream is making me weirdly giddy.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112322 on: October 30, 2016, 09:20:30 pm »

Heh, I feel that too. An odd sensation.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112323 on: October 30, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »

Heh, I 'member when livestreams required a bunch of misc software, your own site, and omegle for the chat.

I miss the stream group, but I do -not- miss those days.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112324 on: October 31, 2016, 05:05:16 am »

Not that the colonists didn't totally genocide the natives literally and then culturally, but they would have lost that conflict if not for the pandemics. Hell, the US nearly got in trouble as it was, fighting the western natives and the Seminole.
It depends a lot. In the US/Canadian case, the diseases helped a lot because the colonists were puritans and refused to mix (in more ways than one) with the natives. When it came to the iberian powers (Spain + Portugal), diseases were undesirable because their MO was to ally natives (by marrying as many people as they could to the locals) and rely on them to subjugate the less friendly locals.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112325 on: October 31, 2016, 06:15:43 am »

Ye, the general approach of spaniards and portuguese explorers in delaing with native was kind of roman-esque, IE make friends with the friendlier locals and use them against the more hostile locals. Additionaly, contrary to what is populary belived, Cortez didn't go out hacking people left and right when he met the aztecs, he saw the aztecs at the crux of a civil war and and as a convenient target, so he allied himself with their enemies and defeated the aztecs mostly thanks to their help, because even though they had gunpowder and armor, there's no way they'd be able to do it alone, as Cortez only had about 700 men or something with him.

Additionaly, holy shit, I never thought the conspiracy theory side of youtube was so entertaining. Now with D-Wave the whole thing turned into a riot of pure wat. I'm watching videos with guys talking about how D-Wave and cern are creating portals and causing a mandella effect thing and how pokemon go is the mark of the beast and other lol worthy things.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:17:33 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112326 on: October 31, 2016, 06:27:43 am »

Additionaly, holy shit, I never thought the conspiracy theory side of youtube was so entertaining. Now with D-Wave the whole thing turned into a riot of pure wat. I'm watching videos with guys talking about how D-Wave and cern are creating portals and causing a mandella effect thing and how pokemon go is the mark of the beast and other lol worthy things.
THE END IS NEIGHHHHHH!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112327 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:59 am »

Ye, the general approach of spaniards and portuguese explorers in delaing with native was kind of roman-esque, IE make friends with the friendlier locals and use them against the more hostile locals. Additionaly, contrary to what is populary belived, Cortez didn't go out hacking people left and right when he met the aztecs, he saw the aztecs at the crux of a civil war and and as a convenient target, so he allied himself with their enemies and defeated the aztecs mostly thanks to their help, because even though they had gunpowder and armor, there's no way they'd be able to do it alone, as Cortez only had about 700 men or something with him.
Spoiler: summary of Cortes (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112328 on: October 31, 2016, 07:32:22 am »

So the Cubs are winning 3-2 in the World Series, and the next game is a home game. Whoulda'thunk it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112329 on: October 31, 2016, 07:33:18 am »

So the Cubs are winning 3-2 in the World Series, and the next game is a home game. Whoulda'thunk it.
2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #112330 on: October 31, 2016, 07:57:24 am »

I don't know much about American baseball, but according to Wikipedia, Chicago Cubs (who haven't won since 1908) is actually losing 3-2. The other team, Cleveland Indians, is also said to be cursed, and haven't won since 1948. So either way, a curse will be broken.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:11:00 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112331 on: October 31, 2016, 08:06:22 am »

God I hope 2016 will remain this odd year that will be remembered for a long time...

and not be replaced with 2017, then 2018...
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112332 on: October 31, 2016, 08:13:05 am »

I'm starting to believe the theory that the world ended in 2012, and as time goes by our collective purgatory gets more and more unstable.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #112333 on: October 31, 2016, 08:17:26 am »

I'm starting to believe the theory that the world ended in 2012, and as time goes by our collective purgatory gets more and more unstable.
That's the impression that followed certain people when 'the world ended' back in the 20th century and even before that :P A collective sense of 'everything is getting worse'...because they focused on big details like that. :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112334 on: October 31, 2016, 08:20:08 am »

Ye, after all he done, Cortes had a rather ignoble end. The only thing he got out of it all was that his son would eventualy be featured in a mexican peso bill, rather controversialy as many mexicans hate the memory of Cortes.

Anyway, guys, don't feed the conspiracy theorists. There's people out there who really do believe CERN is somehow changing the past, so for all we know the world might have actualy ended multiple times already :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7487 7488 [7489] 7490 7491 ... 11037