Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7464 7465 [7466] 7467 7468 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485303 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111975 on: October 27, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »

I'd absolutely love to see some kind of Spelljammer Spacecat Sinbad story. Or even just one more setting that isn't generic European Fantasy, full of heavy Tolkein "Elves are Haughty" characterization, and Peter Jackson visual styling.

That said, here's a thought:

Quote from: Repost from something I shared on Reddit a while ago
Since Morrowind, TES games have sorta hinted at the next game's theme/province by laying a foundation for it's lore in the previous game. During the plot of Morrowind, the Empire was established as an aging colonial power that was having trouble holding on to provinces like Morrowind and Skyrim/Solstheim. Oblivion then brought us to Cyrodil to explore the Empire's collapse from within, brought about by the end of the Septim bloodline at the hands of an ambitious Altmer cult leader. That leads in to Skyrim, where an ambitious new Aldmeri Dominion calling themselves the Thalmor have been seizing power over the fragmented empire, working politics to destabilize the Empire by keeping a war between Skyrim and the Empire going.

It's pretty clear that the last big TES plot point has been the disintegration of the Empire, and the rise of the Thalmor. Some of the plot hooks Skyrim left to dangle were the Thalmor-supported coup that split Elsweyr into 2 provinces, and the war they fought to a stalemate with the Redguard of Hammerfell (the only province that soundly kicked their butt and asserted their independence during the Great War). Given that, here's some things I'd love to see.

1) TES VI: Elsweyr:
A return to the Morrowind-ish exploration of a fantasy setting that isn't standard European Sword and Sorcery fare, in a brand new set of environments; deserts with mirages and shifting dunes and sand physics, dense interior jungles, and a marshy coastline, cults that worship the twin moons in tension with the cults worshiping Elsweyr's interpretations of the Nine Divines and the Daedra, and the political tension of a "province" that's been repeatedly united and divided over ancient feuds, political marriages, and other empires manipulating them for their own ends. TES Lore already has an Elsweyr prophetic hero prepared too; the Mane, a mythic figure born during a rare lunar conjunction (it might be the player, or someone they need to find) who unites the people of Elsweyr ; given that the Thalmor-fueled coup just split the province back into historically "hedonistic" Pellitine and "barbaric" Anequina during Skyrim, the timing couldn't be better. Between being the source of the illicit Skooma trade and beast-race slavery, hints at an ethically screwed-up Khajiit Fur/Argonian Hide Trade, the prevalence of necromancy due to Khajiiti burial practices, and the historic conflict between the Bosmer and Khajiit, there's plenty of plot hooks to play with already, barring whatever new things they bring to the table. I'd be really interested to see what the heck they do about the 16+ subtypes of Khajiit, and whether we'll see the tiny sentient housecats, dire tigers, bosmer-looking cat-elves, and whatever else exist in lore apart from the cat-peeps we see in the rest of Tamriel. (P.S. M'aiq the Liar better feature prominently, or I'm eating nothing but fishsticks for a week).

2) TES VI: Hammerfell:
A proper Redguard RPG that explored the history of Yokuda, and the whole Atlantis thing they've got going on; the environment has a lot of overlap with Elsweyr as far as deserts and coasts are concerned, plus the possibility of extensive sailing or exploring underwater ruins, so it'd be just as fresh a place to see. Since Hammerfell seceded from an Empire who they felt had abandoned them, stung the Aldmeri Dominion's pride at the end of the Great War, have sparked new conflicts with the Orcs of Nova Orsinium, and given that Wayrest is possibly now a Pirate Stronghold, there's plenty of potential plot hooks that have been dropped as well. I could easily see an alliance of Maormer and Altmer bent on revenge against the Redguard for grudges ancient and modern, maybe some plot related to Sea Serpents, Satakal, and/or the sinking of Yokuda. It'd be great to see some Orc history, and nods or a modern peek at nearby High Rock/Daggerfall too. HOWEVER, there was a Redguard adventure game already, which might make a proper RPG-length exploration of Hammerfell less likely. Still, Yokuda is a HUGE piece of TES lore that has basically never been tapped, but has been hinted at a lot lately, and I'd love to see what they'd do with it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111976 on: October 27, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »

We had an DLC (albeit non-canon and relased as a modification to showcase the Workshop) with Space Core from Portal. Everything is possible.KHAJIT SNEEK SNEEK

I would like to establish that I am in no way a furry. Except that I like cats and the ridiculousness of the Khaijit. I don't identify as catkin and neither I want to have steamy sex with a pride of lions.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111977 on: October 27, 2016, 06:18:52 pm »

I'd just about maim for basically anything spelljammer styled, personally. Screw everything else, I want magic spaceships and hippo men with guns.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111978 on: October 27, 2016, 06:20:03 pm »

We had an DLC (albeit non-canon and relased as a modification to showcase the Workshop) with Space Core from Portal. Everything is possible.KHAJIT SNEEK SNEEK

I would like to establish that I am in no way a furry. Except that I like cats and the ridiculousness of the Khaijit. I don't identify as catkin and neither I want to have steamy sex with a pride of lions.

there is no greater proof than outright denial

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111979 on: October 27, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »

...fuck, that's going to end in quotes thread, isin't it?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111980 on: October 27, 2016, 06:21:47 pm »

Literally showed up in my post preview.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111981 on: October 27, 2016, 06:23:08 pm »

Well, I expected you to cut it into "I want to have steamy sex with a pride of lions." but it works either way.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111982 on: October 27, 2016, 06:23:46 pm »

Derm will yell at me if I break any sentences, so I settled for removing the contextual one.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111983 on: October 27, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »

I would like to establish that I am a furry. Not only do I like cats and the ridiculousness of the Khaijit, I identify as catkin and I want to have steamy sex with a pride of lions.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111984 on: October 27, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »

Preserved for posterity. So much for hussar pride.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111985 on: October 27, 2016, 06:26:03 pm »

Oh hell no, there's no such thing as colonizing Akavir. For one thing, it's already inhabited and the inhabitants are quite a bit more powerful than anything in Tamriel.

Oh, that is what they think. *Grabs Morion*

In 4E207, we sailed the open sea!
For glory, gods and gold,
and for East Empire Company!
For Akaviri is like heaven, and we'll all be rich and free!
For so we have been told, by the East Empire Company!

I'm a very minor offender by internet expectations (and not particularly in to identifying at all), but I know what I like. Khajiit are amazing, that they're also pretty is just a bonus.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111986 on: October 27, 2016, 06:26:43 pm »

Preserved for posterity. So much for hussar pride.
WINGED CAT HUSSARS.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111987 on: October 27, 2016, 06:28:10 pm »

kot

if you find that youre a disgustingly flagrant furry

pm me

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111988 on: October 27, 2016, 06:28:41 pm »

Fursars.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111989 on: October 27, 2016, 06:30:08 pm »

SPELLJAMMER SPACECAT SINBAD. I'm sold. Sorry Blackmarsh, you can tag along if you can fit a Hist into a boat.

When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 7464 7465 [7466] 7467 7468 ... 11037