Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7460 7461 [7462] 7463 7464 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487704 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111915 on: October 27, 2016, 03:32:48 pm »

fos ro bethsuda is milking their cow!

... Ill stop now.  My mother is a huuuge fan of the game, fwiw.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111916 on: October 27, 2016, 03:35:21 pm »

BSAÇLSLAS thats another ban I miss >:v

Anyway, ye, wasn't entirely unexpected. I'm with Gunner-Chan on this, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, given Mainiac's propensity to make personal attacks at forumites who disagreed with him continously, which was what got him muted the first time, IIRC. IMHO he isn't the only person in the ameripol thread that got salty often, but he's the only one that would resort to personal attacks, AFAIK.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111917 on: October 27, 2016, 03:38:20 pm »

Not nearly the only, but probably one of the most persistent about it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111918 on: October 27, 2016, 03:38:34 pm »

It does further increase the risk that both they and the audience treats Elder Scrolls VI as Skyrim 2. And that worries me. Worries me in a very nerdy but very real way.

I'm happy with them taking their good time making it. The more it can slip out of Skyrim's shadow and be its own entry in the series, the better. Not that Skyrim wasn't great, mind you, I'm very happy with my time in that game, but it'd be a shame if the Elder Scrolls series turned into The Skyrim Scrolls: Remember Skyrim? Buy Skyrim. You milkdrinkers.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111919 on: October 27, 2016, 03:44:33 pm »

TES series has always shown significant difference between games in the past (even battlespire and daggerfall had very signficant differences between them), so ye, hopefuly they won't fall into the call of duty trap of continously making the same game over and over with just better graphics and minor addons, plus, since it'll supposedly take place in Akavir, they will have to at the very least change the art style again, since its exactly what happened in the transitions between daggerfall-morrowind-oblivion-skyrim. I kinda miss morrowind's kinda surrealistic, alien and aeon-flux esque art style.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111920 on: October 27, 2016, 03:49:59 pm »

TES series has always shown significant difference between games in the past (even battlespire and daggerfall had very signficant differences between them), so ye, hopefuly they won't fall into the call of duty trap of continously making the same game over and over with just better graphics and minor addons, plus, since it'll supposedly take place in Akavir, they will have to at the very least change the art style again, since its exactly what happened in the transitions between daggerfall-morrowind-oblivion-skyrim. I kinda miss morrowind's kinda surrealistic, alien and aeon-flux esque art style.

And Lorkhan. Fuck do I miss a storyline involving an infinite god attempting to solve the problem of transcending the shackles of existence when it is too powerful to perceive its own limits.

<.<

Yes, I would have been fine with Oblivion and Skyrim being Morrowind 2 and 3. Don't judge.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111921 on: October 27, 2016, 03:53:02 pm »

The main reason they're even doing a remastered edition is so they can move their bethesdanet mods thing to consoles. Though it looks like they added default post processing, 64 bit stuff and so on too. I guess as soon as people start porting their mods it would be a straight upgrade.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111922 on: October 27, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »

In retrospect, I don't mind Oblivion's aesthetic that much, which should tell you what my opinions on Skyrim are like. Morrowind's always gonna be king.

Skyrim, on the other hand, is just so damned boring. At least Oblivion's pseudo-Italian look isn't one that fantasy hits on as much. Get me the fuck out of Scandinavia. I never want to see it again unless you're going full Finland-Uralic deep lore. It's just so god damn samey and derivative fantasy style.. I never played the expansions, but I heard they did a bit better with things like Hermaeus Mora's realm.

And yeah, I saw a commercial for the remastered Skyrim. On TV. As in, actual television. They're pushing hard with the ads.

I just want Elder Scrolls VI: Blackmarsh. Is that so much to ask?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:00:28 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111923 on: October 27, 2016, 03:56:52 pm »

Yeah, it's time for another alien province, I think. Nice and exotic. I rather like how some provinces are fairly grounded, and others are strange and unusual. Alternating between them with each game in the series add some more weight to both, I think. Plus, there is a lot of nice old Akavir lore to toy with.

I really hope it's Akavir, now. Sounds like a really cool expedition!

Edit:

Skyrim, on the other hand, is just so damned boring. At least Oblivion's pseudo-Italian look isn't one that fantasy hits on as much. Get me the fuck out of Scandinavia. I never want to see it again unless you're going full Finland-Uralic deep lore. It's just so god damn boring. I never played the expansions, but I heard they did a bit better with things like Hermaeus Mora's realm.

It helps being a real life Nord, I think. Even so, the environments got pretty samey after a while, when the "God, I'm actually starring one of the old fairytales!!" novelty wears off. The strange colour filter didn't help. Believe me, a northern pine forest does not look that grey and washed out. Whatever they do, wherever they go, I hope they take colours with them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:00:30 pm by Silverthrone »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111924 on: October 27, 2016, 04:00:15 pm »

expansions

dragonborn is, imo, the best thing about skyrim, if only because you're literally in morrowind for it

hermy mora's realm is honestly boring as shit tho

like, the aesthetic is rad at first, but it gets boring pretty fast especially since there isn't really anything to do in there other than collect the same few books you probably already have littering your house

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111925 on: October 27, 2016, 04:02:24 pm »

Hocrap, two bans in as many days?!

Did Catmeat and mainiac get into a knock-down all-out brawl or something?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111926 on: October 27, 2016, 04:03:45 pm »

Hocrap, two bans in as many days?!

Did Catmeat and mainiac get into a knock-down all-out brawl or something?
Nah. Seperate threads and self-inflicted.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111927 on: October 27, 2016, 04:04:03 pm »

Separate incidents. Catmeat threatened someone, dono about mainiac.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111928 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:14 pm »

Oh man, catmeat? I'm honestly not surprised. He kinda spooked me.

Mainiac lasted a while though. He was nice when we wasn't salty.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111929 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:38 pm »

expansions

dragonborn is, imo, the best thing about skyrim, if only because you're literally in morrowind for it

hermy mora's realm is honestly boring as shit tho

like, the aesthetic is rad at first, but it gets boring pretty fast especially since there isn't really anything to do in there other than collect the same few books you probably already have littering your house
Yeah Herma Mora's realm gets pretty boring after a while because it's just relatively simple puzzles and the same two enemies over and over again. I made a point of collecting all the Black Books, though.

Solstheim was pretty fucking rad, but sadly something about it made every guard on the mainland hate me for no reason and thus the save had to be discontinued. I've still never completed skyrim...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 7460 7461 [7462] 7463 7464 ... 11037