Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7453 7454 [7455] 7456 7457 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486460 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111810 on: October 26, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »

EDIT: Wrong thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111811 on: October 26, 2016, 05:04:35 pm »

Oh, dear, oh, dear. I didn't know Jack Chick was still alive and making comics. I'd call it a shame, but it's an end to a long life lived. 92 seems like a pretty decent time to put your boots away. I was about to write "end of a long, productive life" instead, but that particular productivity of his was... Hmm, misguided. To put it lightly.

I still remember the Chick tract I got shoved in my hand by a strange, fat little woman in Amsterdam once. It was pretty damn fun, even before I drew knobs all over it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111812 on: October 26, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »

Someone pointed out that, at least, he was a source of great entertainment for a lot of us.
And to be honest I don't think the tracks converted many people.
So yeah, RIP

EDIT: Wrong thread
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu*
*[Is it?  That seems pretty WTF to me.  Everyone knows that the stars are LEFT.]
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111813 on: October 26, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »

Overheard my parents talking about me again. And again, they talk about like I'm not even a human being, like I'm a- like I"m less than a pet. Right now, I'm showing extreme restraint to avoid doing something really serious.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111814 on: October 26, 2016, 05:33:28 pm »

Overheard my parents talking about me again. And again, they talk about like I'm not even a human being, like I'm a- like I"m less than a pet. Right now, I'm showing extreme restraint to avoid doing something really serious.
I pray you walk from this having learned enough patience to watch the sun set a thousand times

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111815 on: October 26, 2016, 05:37:31 pm »

Trust me, patience is something I have plenty of.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111816 on: October 26, 2016, 05:45:28 pm »

Trust me, patience is something I have plenty of.
Then I pray you walk from this having learned enough patience to watch the sun set until it runs out of hydrogen and helium
Using this patience then, to ignore the uselessness of others, to focus on the development of yourself

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111817 on: October 26, 2016, 06:21:59 pm »

That sounds awful. When my father was still around, at least my mom was on my side. I'd recommend you look up a youth shelter just in case they plan to do something horrible to you. You might need it.

EDIT: Please note, I'm not suggesting that you run away from home, I suggest that you do research and make preparations for running away from home, but use your own judgement to decide wether to actually do it.

Our situations were very different and the last thing I want is for something bad to happen just because I gave bad advice (although I doubt my advice has any influence on your decisions)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:35:33 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111818 on: October 26, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »

Fricking lore...

After an hour or so of inconclusive browsing and watching lore theories, the only solid realisation I have made about anything is that "dark souls"' title may refer to the human-ish characters that inhabit it.

Fromsoft have really got the whole ambiguity thing on point.
One wheel short of a wagon

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111819 on: October 26, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »

Fricking lore...

After an hour or so of inconclusive browsing and watching lore theories, the only solid realisation I have made about anything is that "dark souls"' title may refer to the human-ish characters that inhabit it.

Fromsoft have really got the whole ambiguity thing on point.

I could dunk you in the deep end? If you like?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111820 on: October 26, 2016, 06:53:07 pm »

Oh, dear, oh, dear. I didn't know Jack Chick was still alive and making comics. I'd call it a shame, but it's an end to a long life lived. 92 seems like a pretty decent time to put your boots away. I was about to write "end of a long, productive life" instead, but that particular productivity of his was... Hmm, misguided. To put it lightly.

I still remember the Chick tract I got shoved in my hand by a strange, fat little woman in Amsterdam once. It was pretty damn fun, even before I drew knobs all over it.

im still convinced chick was a master of surrealist humor and used the guise of christianity to play us all

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111821 on: October 26, 2016, 08:07:02 pm »

Im noticing a theme in today's media:  Love without actually physically meeting a person/robutt/thing.

Love based on conversation.  It skips the gender problem neatly, and skips the concept of beauty.  amoung other things.  And it is conveniently tied with the advent of online dating...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111822 on: October 26, 2016, 08:11:24 pm »

Im noticing a theme in today's media:  Love without actually physically meeting a person/robutt/thing.

Love based on conversation.  It skips the gender problem neatly, and skips the concept of beauty.  amoung other things.  And it is conveniently tied with the advent of online dating...
Catmeat Ships pisskop.
Finaly its out in the open!
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111823 on: October 26, 2016, 08:14:41 pm »

im still convinced chick was a master of surrealist humor and used the guise of christianity to play us all

I certainly hope he was. Partly for himself, because his world must've been a strange, vibrant and terrifying place to live in otherwise. Rather like Wonderland. Partly for Christendom, because holy giddy Jesus on roller skates, people like Chick and the whole movement he was a part of isn't doing it any favours.

It's strange. Some of those tracts were rather decent (for what they were), others are so hideously flat and simple that you don't know where the possible irony or honesty begins and ends. The style is all over the place, suppose it's fair to assume he hired other cartoonists time to time. Or he really began phoning it in towards the end. One things is for sure, he missed out when he didn't trademark his obligatory Haw Haws.

Insert Agnus Dei pun. Hurray for sheep.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111824 on: October 26, 2016, 08:32:46 pm »

I certainly hope he was. Partly for himself, because his world must've been a strange, vibrant and terrifying place to live in otherwise. Rather like Wonderland. Partly for Christendom, because holy giddy Jesus on roller skates, people like Chick and the whole movement he was a part of isn't doing it any favours.

It's strange. Some of those tracts were rather decent (for what they were), others are so hideously flat and simple that you don't know where the possible irony or honesty begins and ends. The style is all over the place, suppose it's fair to assume he hired other cartoonists time to time. Or he really began phoning it in towards the end. One things is for sure, he missed out when he didn't trademark his obligatory Haw Haws.

Insert Agnus Dei pun. Hurray for sheep.

i think chick just grew old and delirious as we all do and started disassociating his comics from reality
also, his (others?) art grew really grotesque and caricatured as time went

id be a really fuckin bad agnus dei by the way, probably to some point of sacrilege

Catmeat Ships pisskop.
Finaly its out in the open!

pisskop is shipped with the simplemachines software itself

Pages: 1 ... 7453 7454 [7455] 7456 7457 ... 11037